I really like vodka martinis. The problem is the olives. They are supposed to be refrigerated after opening...

I really like vodka martinis. The problem is the olives. They are supposed to be refrigerated after opening, but even so they start to spoil. The olives and liquid get brown. The label says use within one week and its not a bad idea. Even with a small jar and using three olives per drink... that's a lot of drinks.
>So here's my idea.
Next jar I get, I'm going to pour out the liquid and replace it with vodka. Thoughts?

My thoughts are that there's no suck fucking thing as a "Vodka Martini".

Oh a purist, eh? Gin is fine for gin and tonic... I guess. I'm not trying to do shots of it.

>vodka martini

kill yourself, faggot

It's not just being a purist, it's the fact that a vodka "martini" is called a Kangaroo Cocktail.

It still would be if James Bond movies didn't start fucking it up.

Shots?

Oh fuck me.

You're one of those that say: just put the shaker down and yell "VERMOUTH" at it really loudly.

That ain't a cocktail. It's just a shot with an olive in it.

No a little vermouth is fine. I use two oversized shots of liquor, less than a teaspoon of vermouth, and maybe a dash of the olive stuff. Then shake until icy cold, which melts a lot of the ice obviously.

James Bond dranks Vespas you faggot

Shaking doesn't just melt the ice, you fucking pleb, it crushes it and you get shards of ice in your drink.

A good martini is made with either 2 parts dry vermouth to 3 parts gin or 50/50 and a dash of bitters.Then it is stirred with ice for at least a minute and a half, strained, and garnished with a citrus peel.

Alright just pretend I said gin instead of vodka. (fags) How will this effect the olives?

The olives are basically pickled. It's takes a long time for them to go bad. New at the drinking game are we?

Olives are cured and basically pickled in brine. They last a long fucking time.

>2017
>not owning one of these

As soon as you open the jar they start to spoil, even in the fridge. That was the whole point of this.

how will adding alcohol help, then?

Its better than salty water, right?

Simple solution. Drink more. Or have some friends over!

its called the vesper you faggot

In what way would alcohol work better than brine?
Olives last for several months after opening the jar, by the way.

>stirred... with citrus peel
Okay grandma back to your knitting.

kek fucking pleb

cuck conformist sheeple

suck an olive

I would but they are all brown and spotty looking.