Is this an accurate case for a good film that is however deeply overrated by a cultish fanbase?

Is this an accurate case for a good film that is however deeply overrated by a cultish fanbase?

>good film that is however deeply overrated by a cultish fanbase

I think this describes all cult films.

yeah but Richard E Grant though

What the fuck do you think the term "cult classic" means you fucking retard?

Well to be honest I have never really had as strong an intuitive emotional response to a film. The content itself is nothing revelatory, but something about the tone elevates it to something quite unique.

I can only think of the Exorcist or Mulholland Drive as films which have elicited similarly strong emotional responses in me.

>Literal definition of cult film

It would have been so much better if Withnail killed himself at the end

>hurr durr
Plenty of cult films are liked by their own trashness/badness. Overrated implies a judgement of quality not 'love'

Which was in the first draft( or the book, I'm not sure). But it would have been too dark for the tone of the film

Not sure if trolling or just retarded.

Are you catholic?

op, you terrible cunt

But that makes sense. Overrated doesn't work for 'bad' films, and many cult movies aren't proper good.

>comedy
>I don't laugh

British ''''' comedy'''', indeed

This one is a excellent example. But maybe it's more of a case of being overrated on Sup Forums

>implying you're not a pleb
Now that's comedy.

Withnail and I was a comfy movie

Uncle Monty did nothing wrong

OP did sensitive crimes in a punt with a chap called Norman, who had red hair and a book of poems stained with the butter drips from crumpets

Indeed I often wonder where OP is now. Probably wintering with his mother in Guilford, a cat, rain, vim under the sink and both bars on. But old now, there is no true beauty without decay.

Requiem pro Britannia

He was gonna rape Marwood, dude. It was only once he was convinced he'd be interrupting a romance that he finally backed down, otherwise the perfumed ponce would have taken him by burglary.

Come on, surely it was a bit rough in the beginning, but I'm certain good old Peter would warm up to Monty's many charms and delight in a night of pleasure.

They're selling hippie wigs in Woolworths man.

:^(

the ending is perfect and is what makes the movie.

>It would have been so much better if Withnail killed himself at the end

Fucking god no. Suicide endings are for A Level Film Studies students who can't think of a better way to conclude their shitty projects. It's much better left ambiguous, because the ending monologue already tells you everything you need to know about Withnail's state of mind. Despite his potential as an actor, everything is shit for him and he's left thoroughly alone with only the rain to applaud his talents. Him emptying a whisky-filled shotgun into his mouth would be hammering that home to the point of tedium.

As per IMDB, none more than this one

It looks like an old Wes Anderson movie; in the same vein as Harold and Maude or The Graduate. Will give it a watch.

Is this a realistic depiction of Britain?

>implying it's even possible to overrate Office Space