I'm just a little boy

>I'm just a little boy
>hahahahahaa

Honestly that was probably my least favourite track from TBK.
Not really into their more "high art" tracks

its kinda pretentious, yeah

liked the song though

Yeah, that was my least favorite track too. I thought it was obnoxious, and went on for waaaayyyy longer than it needed to. But i guess, afterwards, we're rewarded with Bring the Sun/Toussaint L'Ouvature

Just a Little Boy is like the best track on the whole album. Its incredibly polished and well made. Every sound in that tracks is deliberate, it has so many little moments and "improvy" details that make it very rewarding to listen to. I mean things like the loud drum hit right before the singing starts or before Michael shouts the title for the first time, Christoph's lap steel wails, the bass player occasionally changing up the bass line, these "randomly" plucked strings, the drumming pattern change ups etc. It provides a kind of free feel, like all the instruments are truly independent and just talking to each other. I can get someone not liking the "hahahaha!" parts (I think they work but yeah they are a bit jarring) but other than that the track is probably the closest Swans has ever got to a flawless track.

Just A Little Boy is the peak of the album.
It's what they were doing on Cop but executed way better.

Damn, you pretty much stole my exact feelings. Specially the snare hit around the 2 minute mark, I love the reverb shooting across the channels.

Are you guys retarded? It was a dreamy blues type song, what's so hard to understand? High art is blues apparently.
It's a tribute to Howlin' Wolf who makes music that isn't anything like that, usually fast paced and not so dream like.

"high art", yeah okay.

Who do you think Gira hired for the laughing crowd?

professional laughers

Its just the bandmates desu, To Be Kind was recorded with the whole band in a single room playing. It was supposedly a nightmare to produce but the sound it produced is amazing.

>thinks a 12 minute blues song is obnoxious
>loves Gira speaking in tongues for 20 minutes while Sunn O))) does a 10 minute set

okay

I preferred Bring The Sun when it was reused in The Glowing Man title track. I think that track was overall much stronger than Toussaint L'Ouvature.

I agree, the first time I heard the "hahaha" part I immediately thought "this should be more cringe worthy than it actually is" I don't know how they pulled it off.

It was the opposite for me. Toussaint was probably my favorite off the album. Most of glowing man did very little for me

Gira said he added the laughter because he felt totally ridiculous shouting "I'm just a little boy!" being a 60 year old guy or something. It added to the id/humiliation/Freudian theme of the song.

Oxygen is the best track and it's not even close.

I'm with you on this. Bring The Sun has a strong intro but I don't feel like it goes anywhere interesting beyond that. The Glowing Man just gets better as it goes along, it's a really great track.

I like it but why couldn't they have used more organic and real sounding laughter?

it's supposed to be mechanical and jarring you fuck

I liked it, found it kind of disturbing. Some guy with a crazy voice saying that he's just a little boy, he's not human, then an invisible crowd starts laughing mockingly at him. Don't know if that's what they were going for but it creeped me out, especially when they did it live and Gira started making weird noises and hitting himself

The canned laughter in that song was so creepy

I actually enjoyed it. The beat is one of the best on the album.

I still remember listening to TBK for the first time

>tfw I will never go through that awesome phase of discovering new music and eagerly choking on it like it was literally jizz of Gods ever again

Fuck, I'd do everything to go back to 2012-2014.

Listening to The Seer for the first time was like pure horror, but now I dance to The Apostate like if it was the grooviest happiest pop dance track. I want the pure horror back though.

That moment kinda freaked me out a little. Won't lie.

>I need love

Swans fucking suck

prove it

Listen to them.

You suck at arguing fagboy. Now get outta here before I eat that ass of yours.

You're clever senpai wow I love that wacky sense of humour ~

funnily enough i adored the early recording of glowing man (when it was still black eyed man) but the final version doesn't really do it for me and now i prefer the OG bring the sun

Don't call me senpai, senpai.

I feel like I'm the only person who's favourite track from TBK is Screen Shot

But Screen Shot actually is the best track