What the fuck happened Sup Forums?

What the fuck happened Sup Forums?

How did they ever let that piece of shit theatrical version get into the theatres?

This ultimate version is one of the best alternate cuts I've ever seen to a film.

I hated the theatrical version, but this changed everything, it's like two different films.

We can all agree the main issues are
>lack of clark kent/superman
>lack of motivation or scheming for lex
>general pacing and chopping issues

Every single one of these were fixed.

Of course there were still a number of issues surrounding things such as the Eisenberg casting, and the third act is still a little messy.

Another huge issue for me was Superman just not telling Batman, "Lex has got my mother, let's not fight, let's stop him", because when Clark went to Gotham and saw the branded criminals were murdered he learnt that Batman cannot be reasoned with.

Original Rating: 5/10

UC Rating: 8/10

Other urls found in this thread:

ca.ign.com/articles/2016/04/08/zack-snyder-reveals-how-missing-scene-explains-pivotal-batman-v-superman-moment
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>lack of motivation or scheming for lex
What exactly was his motivation? He only interacted with Superman in the film's climax.
>pacing and chopping issues
If Superman could find Lois Lane in trouble at any given time, why can't he find Martha?

>If Superman could find Lois Lane in trouble at any given time, why can't he find Martha?

He obviously couldn't or else he would've stopped Lois from being kidnapped.

Just because it prolonged some scenes doesn't make it good.

It's the exact same as the first theatrical release.

maybe if you're retarded and incapable of paying attention.

>If Superman could find Lois Lane in trouble at any given time, why can't he find Martha?
Originally there was a scene where supes tries to find her but there are to many people crying out for help in gotham for him to find her voice.

>UC Rating: 8/10
You're a pleb
this movie in both version is below a 5/10

I knew everything that was going on. I knew the plot.

Nice copy and paste rebbit reply you fat shit.

And that makes sense.

I am heaps sad for what happens to that African women in the Ultimate Cut.

Why the hell would they cut out such an important scene like this?

did someone who hates synder or from another company just get hired as an executive or something and told them to remove all scenes like this??

fucking hell

Ehh i'd say the UC bumps it up to 6/10 which is pretty good since Snyder hasn't made a decent film since watchmen.

APOLOGIZE

You haven't watched it yet, have you?

>KGBeast burns bodies in africa to make it appear that superman has murdered innocent africans
>superman destroys a us drone that is about to hit lois lane
>entire africa scene is the catalyst for lex's destruction of superman
>lex having the bat branded criminals murdered to make it appear that batman cannot be reasoned with
>this later makes sense when superman doesn't just tell batman to not fight and get lex
>clark goes to gotham and learns more about batman being unreasonable
>see more of evidence of lex pulling strings to get clark and bruce to both meet at the charity event
>we get more attached to superman as we see his emotional connections to his mother through a simple phone call
>we see superman really save people at the court hearing
>he couldn't detect the bomb was there as there was lead in the wheelchair
>fantastic action sequences that only get further extended for more entertaining scenes

Should I go on?

>film this scene
>record Leto laughing
>stick it in with people crying, screaming, shouting
>$$$

they missed so many opportunities actually creating a shared universe in subtle ways.

>since Snyder hasn't made a decent film since watchmen.
Man of Steel is a top 8/10 film despite some of its cheap looking CGI. You cannot hate this movie

>because when Clark went to Gotham and saw the branded criminals were murdered he learnt that Batman cannot be reasoned with.

Maybe, i just thought Supes felt cocky & wanted to toy with him, then Bats whipped out some Kryptonite & fucked him up
Supes in this version isn't a moralfag remember

Also in this version do we find out how Lex knows Clark is Supes?

Watchmen was absolute trash until the DC then it became passable. This movie terrible through and through

>did someone who hates synder or from another company just get hired as an executive or something and told them to remove all scenes like this??
I don't remember who decided to cut it but the reason was it would have been "too dark" which makes zero sense for this particular film.

I think BvS is shit. But saying Watchmen is bad just makes me look at you as some 9gagger edgy trollop. Sorry.

Watchmen is everything a Justice League movie should be.

That's a great idea.

COLONIZED

this flick should go down in history of the worst interferences by a studio.

It's Warner Bros man. They did the same thing to Watchmen to a lesser extent. He works with poor executive producers who don't understand source material. The crux of this is that all of rights to film series that would benefit from a visual director by Snyder are owned by massive studios like Warner, Fox, Sony and Marvel. It's too difficult to get things by them, he's lucky enough to have negotiated an "Ultimate Edition" which should really be called the Director's cut. Imagine a director's cut of Raimi's Spiderman 3.

I din't hate BvS i just thought it was meh and a good popcorn movie. My biggest problem with this and man of steel is that none of Cavils charisma is present in either.

movie kind of sucks, pacing kind of sucks, not sure what version I'm watching but I assume it's the ultimate edition, with a run time at 3:02:31

the pacing is "good", in the sense that every single scene transfers perfectly from A to B and also conveniently quickly just picking up what needed to be covered from the last scene, which creates a huge lack of a suspense build up because you are getting instant gratification in each scene, bland and coddling at the same time.

>pretty good for a cape shit kino though

not him and i never watch it in theater
those scenes didn't appear in the theatrical release? wtf were they thinking

Is this scene in the DC?

Yeah it doesn't make a lot of sense to reject it when if fits well within the type of film they're making.

BvS is irredeemably terrible.
How does something this bad get cleared for release?

Do you play videogames?

Not anymore.

I don't think they ever filmed it but i could be wrong as i haven't seen the UC yet.

i will admit that it did feel slightly more similar to the older batman movies than the others of current

Sorry, I should have said Disney* instead of Marvel because they ultimately have last word on representation of brand and strategy. Just look at Rogue One reshoots. Same deal as this, only I seriously doubt they would allow Gareth Edwards a director's cut edition because it would undermine the validity of a movie that they know will make money regardless. I'm guessing the only reason they released an BvS Ultimate Edition in the first place was to mitigate the initial poor commercial and critical response in order to sway people by saying "Look, here's the REAL product for REAL fans!"

They'll fix it in the Definitive Ultimate Director's Cut

The Chinese eat this shit up.

This definitely should've been in the Ultimate Cut for fuck's sake. That's Snyder's mistake since Snyder called it the Director's Cut in the interview.

Fuck man, that would've been so fucking crushing.

Reread the post( ) without your videogame mind again.

Because it's a great film.

I think he would've but they never actually shot the scene.

Can we move discussing from baits to discussing the film? Thanks :3

How long is Sup Forums going to pretend this trash isn't garbage?

What didn't you like about it?

it isn't Sup Forums

Did they even explain why Lex was doing these things?

>Did they even explain why Lex was doing these things?
It was all an attempt to ape ledgers joker

>Another huge issue for me was Superman just not telling Batman, "Lex has got my mother, let's not fight, let's stop him", because when Clark went to Gotham and saw the branded criminals were murdered he learnt that Batman cannot be reasoned with.

Remember the scene with the mother at the police station. She specifically tells Clark there is no arguing with batman, only fist will do the trick. Superman tries to talk to batman. Batman doesnt listen.

Also watching it a second time, the martha scene made more sense. Batman remembers why he got into the superhero business.

What made no sense at all was Luthor giving his goons bullets only his company produced.
All this "Lois lane searching for the bullet manufacturer" could have beem cut.

I'm glad everyone's now come to light to realize how good this movie actually is.

>The 'lets try to reason with Batman when he is basically branding people and condemning them to death' argument.
Yeah no.

What? It was just another edgelord teenage fag who wants to see the world burn?

>director's cut of Raimi's Spiderman 3.

Would shit on Spider Man 1 & 2
I seriously think Raimi sabotaged the movie to get back at Sony/Marvel

During Lex's party he has this little moment wondering about how paradox it is that knowledge is power, but he is not the most powerful beeing anymore. Lex truly is a very powerful person. He can do whatever he wants. He even knows batmans an supermans real identity. But suddenly when superman arrives he is not the most powerful person in the world. Which is something his ego cant take, so he wants to kill superman.

>entire africa scene is the catalyst for lex's destruction of superman

Lex set up the africa scenario. Its not the catalyst for Lex's destruction of superman, Its just another part of Lex's media assassination of Superman's reputation.
>lex having the bat branded criminals murdered to make it appear that batman cannot be reasoned with

That's shit writing, and makes zero sense - omg violent prisoners are murdering other violent prisoners that were captured by batman, therefore batman will not listen to reason.

>this later makes sense when superman doesn't just tell batman to not fight and get lex

Nope
The movie isnt a complete trainwreck, but the writing is hamfisted as fuck

The whole shitstorm surrounding BvS is so detached from the actual movie. The original was sloppy, sure, but the shit people were saying about it goes beyond how bad movies can even be, and people are still being willfully ignorant about simple events in the movie, like insisting there is absolutely no logic or reason behind Batman gains empathy for Superman when he finds out Superman is trying to protect his mother. It feels like this was all an overreaction to how pretentious and important the movie sold itself as, like it's more fun to make a fool out of a movie like this than watch it like you would normally watch a movie. Then this extended cut comes out and people are saying they love it, as if it's even possible for the movie to go from 'that bad' to 'that good' considering the original complaints people had. The fact is WB and Snyder are acting really humble with this new release, having gone so far as to actually agree with the audience complaints, and now it's okay to like the movie because audiences don't feel like WB is proud of the movie anymore.

tl;dr people gave BvS the hardest time they could because it was really arrogant and pretentious, but now that the creators aren't so proud anymore it's okay to like it.

Good fucking god.

It is fucking told, spelled out for you in dialogue why Lex does what he does.

Seriously what the fucking shit it is in no way comparable to TDK Joker.

No he was just playing the joker from the killing joke just like ledgers joker. They both wanted to prove that any man no matter how good can be made to do evil.

>batman will not listen to reason.
Dude he was branding people.

It is pretty much the answer derived from Occam's Razor that he won't listen to reason.

Also consider that despite the knowledge of branded criminals being murdered, Batman continued to do it. He kept branding the criminals, and this brand was how they identified the people. He allowed it to happen, by continuing his actions. He might not be lawfully complicit, but he was morally complicit in their muders

ucking shills, I swear. This film was bad because it was tonally all over the place. The seriousness of the plot, of the atmosphere etc. lampshaded just how pathetic the characters were. Not a good result. I doubt the UC fixed that.

Imagine being a Marvel fanboy that has to sit and watch Civil War after seeing the Ultimate Edition of Batman V Superman and having to be all like "damn, Civil War, you fuckin' great, all awesome with your terrible dialogue and nonstop inappropriate quips. I’m totally enjoying watching you, both my pretend Sup Forums self and the real me." when all he really wants to do is watch BvS again. Like seriously imagine having to be a Marvel man-child and not only sit in that fart-filled chair while Robert Downey Jr’s head floats on top of his straight to TV-tier armour like some otherworldly spectre, the favorable lighting barely concealing his wrinkles and orange leathery skin, and just sit there, minute after minute, hour after hour, checking your phone and hoping it’s almost over. Not only having to tolerate the lazy plot, but the laughable CGI as you sit there and say DC BTFO and DAMN, SPIDER-MAN LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because DC fans aren’t the ones who have to sit there and pretend to be invested in nonsensical fights between people that have no intention of hurting one another, where there are no stakes and no one to root for. You've been watching movies with half this budget that have infinitely more impressive visual effects and none of the hacky writing for your ENTIRE LIFE. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the faecal matter that’s been spoon fed to you as Marvel executives sit there, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to watch the most moronic, lazy, half-assed attempt at a superhero movie since Howard the Duck. And then you check your phone again, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the movie ends and you’re forced to sit through the after credits scene, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking dug in and stubborn and embarrassed as fuck. You're not going to lose to DC fans. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

UC was a 7/10 as a capeshit

watchable but had literally zero memorable scenes

actually come to think of it the whole beginning of the movie had literally nothing valuable in it

I finally saw Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice the Ultimate Edition last night. I thought the original theatrical edition was utter rubbish and probably one of the very worst films I have ever had to sit though. Now after watching this directors cut I can confirm it is without question the greatest movie of our age, if not time. I would also say that by adding an additional 39.4 minutes into the running time it transforms this piece of capeshit into 21st century kino, plain and simple. The African sequence now fizzles with awe and wonder. You get to see a man literally give a drone the finger. Snyder even manages to introduce Jimmy Olson into the BVSDOJ universe, only to amazingly murder him in cold blood a couple of minutes later. That takes balls and intelligence. What is also clear about this new version is that everyone who was calling Jesse Eisenberg's annoyingly retarded villain "Alexander Luthor" as rubbish, will be forced to eat their own face. Eisenberg's representation of what it is like to be a retard in this hi-tech, digital age is a revelation to behold. His towering turd like performance actually baits the viewer to contemplate suicide. It is that good. Enough cannot be said of the monster "Doomsday" at the end of the Kino. A lesser director would have simply cut and pasted the Cave Troll from Peter Jackson's Hobbit flicks onto the canvass. But Zack Snyder is no hack, he instead has chosen to fully re-create the cave troll from scratch. This must have cost literally hundreds of dollars to do in a Hollywood computer lab. But the real reason to see this film surely is that Superman dies at the end. Not only that he actually dies twice. Clever stuff and emotional too. Anal sex with an aids riddled rapist was never this much fun. I pray to God that the 5 hour workprint gets released before I die.

Jesus Christ, the amount of damage control shilling for this shitty recut is unbelievable. Fuck off Warner Bros, you ain't gonna make me rewatch this piece of crap

Source?

What's that black actress's name?

Having just seen UC, I can't imagine watching the movie without these scenes.

It was Marvel, they snuck into the theaters before the premier and cut it up, it was sabotage

DC didn't say a word because they knew they'd have the last laugh with the Ultimate Edition™

The theatrical cut was Marvel's doing, it's got all the Marvel staples, incoherent, boring story, stupid characters, it's got Marvel's fingerprints all over it

Thank God DC's true masterpiece is finally here

Favorite theme of this movie is questioning what it means to be a super hero. Notice how all 3 of the main trio have already gained their powers/abilities but for one reason or another, cannot/refuse to use them.

Bats feels like a pussy because Supes wrecked his car with a kick.

Supes feels powerless because the media is ripping him apart even when he saves people

Wonder-bitch apparently hates the modern world and is introverted or whatever.

The catastrophes caused by Lex eventually forces the heroes to make sacrifices in order to inspire hope/make the world better yadda yadda etc.

This reluctance to use power even extends to Lex; as he insists on destroying Supes' fame first, even though he has a big ass fucking monster ready to kill him guaranteed (even when he has back up, which Lex did NOT anticipate). He also allowed Bats to steal the kryptonite when he could have quickly weaponized it on the spot (or told a team of people to do so)

ca.ign.com/articles/2016/04/08/zack-snyder-reveals-how-missing-scene-explains-pivotal-batman-v-superman-moment

Are you saying that having the Flash speed force mind fuck Batman while he slept wasn't subtle?

Uhm, is it out yet? I haven't seen any signs of this movie on bluray yet?

Are you retarded? It was announced months before the movie came out that it would have an R rated version that was longer.

The only thing I agree on is Clark (stressing CLARK) got more of a focus, the rest was still disappointing besides Batfleck, Alfred, Perry, and Diana. Oh, Ms. Kent, too.

Oh, Lex's scheme made a little more sense with the African woman angle.

The movie seemed to exist solely for live-action scenes that resembled the recent DC Comics-based video games. Batman: Arkham City and Injustice, in particular. Batman tying a line to Superman and swinging him around to bash pillars is straight outta Injustice, and the Batman fight scene in the warehouse was ARKHAM!

>daily reminder that the entire turning point in this movie is them realizing their moms have the same name.

Worst written movie of the last 5 years.

>"... save ... martha ..."
who would even say this? on the brink of death everyone would say something like "save my mom". who's even calling his mother by her name?
All this to force this shitty "martha" plot point, which could have been played out in a million smarter way, really makes you wonder if Zacky Zack's brain hasn't actually been damaged by all those roids he's taking