The Hunt is fucking amazing, not even british but this is the shit...

The Hunt is fucking amazing, not even british but this is the shit. It's visually stunning and the soundtrack is outstanding, amazing what lenghts this people went to get some of the shots. The narration is another thing that's perfectly coordinated with the shots and the orchestra. Top fucking tier, recommended to everyone who loves film.
Any other documentaries I should watch with such a high quality?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2rJZisFKUFI
youtube.com/watch?v=v6iDtvGbIOU
netflix.com/WiMovie/The_Hunt/70242565?trkid=2361637
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ok, I guess I'll go watch it.

It's on nertflix, only way to watch it in a nice quality in my third world country

The wild dogs scene in the first episode is probably the best hunting scene I've ever seen.
The soundtrack, the build up, the aerial shots and the coordination between the dogs makes for an absolutely stunning scene.

The shots of the blue whale and how they got them was also really amazing.

You know all these BBC nature docs have fancy editing and shit to make them seem more impressive for the viewer, right? You've been hoodwinked.

Some of the one's I've seen that are good
>Planet Earth (obviously)
>Frozen Planet
>Human Planet
>Life

Actually, pretty much anything narrated by David Attenborough

You shut your whore mouth

Man everybody knows the edit the scenes so they fit some kind of narrative. They still got the shots and put them together in scenarios that could take place in real life.

that wild dogs chase was no exaggeration one of the most thrilling scenes in every sense that i've ever seen.

that and the chimpanzee hunt were outstanding. well really the whole series was outstanding but those especially.

My ex can't watch these shows because she's vegan and can't see animals die without getting upset. I told her the predators need to eat in order to live/feed their offspring. She said she knows, she just wishes there was a way for all animals to live together without eating each other.

She's 26 years old.

Nice, I've been looking for something similar to Planet Earth in tone but with animals.
Are there any similar good shows about sea/deep sea stuff?

And that's good, isn't it? I mean, to make a small spider hunting another spider something epic and stunning, while learning about it, is something wich editing and the producer did right. How is this supossed to be bad? That's what documentaries are about, teach with the visuals and not beign boring.
Thanks, he's one of the most epic voices I've ever heard.

>she just wishes there was a way for all animals to live together without eating each other.

Blue Planet is all about the ocean. It's older, around 2003 I think, so it's not all in crisp HD, but it still the best doc about the ocean made thus far.

Just watch anything Attenborough, preferably after HD cameras came in.

Nice SJW you got there. I bet she doesn't care about plants, fucking botanophobes.

This one is not so visceral, it's really about showing the amazing situations in wich hunting happens, not violent at all. Even tought she's kinda stupid, good thing she's your ex.

She's just an idealist. As long as she understands the workings of nature and the food chain, I see nothing wrong with acknowledging how brutal it is all and wanting something else.

>The Hunt is fucking amazing

Well duh.

This. Wild dogs scene was top tier, the momentum build was something you see very few times. Also, I loved the scene with the Portia Spider, I fell in love with it.

>mfw I love animals and hate to see them be harmed as well, but I still watch these shows because I need the doses of reality, and need to be reminded that nature doesn't care what I feel.

I watched an episode of I think Frozen planet, where a starving wolf chased a baby buffalo. The buffalo was doing everything in its power to survive, and was brutally beating the wolf, but the wolf was starving, and if it didn't make the kill it would have died. I've never been so emotional in any scene in any movie or TV show. Neither of these animals were "wrong" for doing what they were doing. They were just trying to exist, same as any other animal. It changed my entire outlook on hunting.

Fuck sport hunters though.

>the chimpanzee hunt
Was that in the last episode? That's the only episode I haven't watched.

There will always be the ones who identifies with the frightful antelope and the ones that see themselves as the majestic lion. Tell me Sup Forums, who are you?

Well, I'm gonna go watch it now

Fuck yes

>getting a bit buzzed on a Friday afternoon and watching nature docs

livin the dream

The worst moment was either the killer whale surging up onto shore to eat the seals, or the of final moments in one of the episodes where a polar bear ran towards a baby seal.

cute!

I remember watching streams with Sup Forums comfy as fuck

Bit harsh.

This thread should just be
>Essential Attenborough
Here's my list, in order from most recent to oldest

>The Hunt
>Life Story
>Rise of Animals
>Africa
>Frozen Planet
>Life
>Nature's Most Amazing Events
>Planet Earth
>The Life of Mammals
>The Blue Planet
>The Life of Birds

And probably more I forgot.

Does The Hunt have otters in it? Not enough documentaries feature otters.

Goddamn what a trooper

Best scene.

VEGANS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>That sheer fucking panic when it realises what's happening

I shouldn't laugh because the Bear caught the Seal in the water, but I've never seen such a big pile of blubber move so fucking quickly.

Nope, the worst was the killer whales going after the baby humpback whale, and just as they're about grab it the whale broforce shows up and shoos them off.

of course the fucking idiots didn't account for the orcas doubling back after they left at which point the grab the baby and drag it to the ocean floor and drown it

youtu.be/2rJZisFKUFI
As a chello player, this is drugs for me. The hunt didn't lacked anything. I hoped perhaps they made a second season but BBC always makes one shot documentaries

>bbc

Do they chastise the predators for being so intolerant?

>not even british but this is the shit
People only enjoy things made in their own country now? Some of the best wildlife documentaries come out of Britain, it's pretty much what Britain is known for, like the best crime dramas are usually American. Are people really too busy throwing stones across the pond to appreciate the work of both?

I heard lots of people saying that they're only praised by british and that americans really hate it. So I felt like I had to clarify.

Fair play mate. Anything Attenborough is GOAT regardless of where you hail from.

wild dogs a cute!

wolfs a cute!

Yes, Mads is pretty great in it!

....wait what.

I agree, he's carved by experience doing these things, simply genius work. Sadly in my country not many people is interested in these things, speaks a lot about the stupid and self loving nature of my country.

Kek. Top tier movie tbqh famalam, really liked it

i thought it was good but not really that good, apart from some higlights. and it had too much 'how it's filmed' bullshit for my taste

oh and last episode was fucking shit

>scariest looking fucking eagle I've ever seen
>tries to eat a sloth
>completely botches it and gets run off by it

I felt so bad for him

>and it had too much 'how it's filmed' bullshit for my taste

Seriously, that was the best part, especially those guys who were killing themselves to get footage of some rare otters and when they check one of their blind the damn things had been using it as a nest, not to mention that awesome elephant camera harness.

The one that hits me hardest is on Planet Earth when that starving polar bear tries to attack a group of walruses and fails, and the last shot is of him bloodied and exhausted having given up and lies on the ground waiting to die.

youtube.com/watch?v=v6iDtvGbIOU

OH MY GOD THERE ARE HARPYIES IN THERE?! Fuck, it's so rare to see my favorite animal be filmed...

Where can I watch The Hunt? Netflix doesn't seem to have it.

Supposedly there are sequels to Blue Planet/Planet Earth in the pipes that are gonna be shot in 4k and will incorporate footage shot by drone. Attenborough's signed up to front them but they better get a move on.

So did he rape that little girl or not?

He said in an interview that he will most likely retire after the upcoming 4k sequels.

The saddest thing is there's no one to replace him

No he was cleared (on a technicality), the evidence was quite substantial

Just torrent it, detector trucks are on holiday

God damn that's sad. He just can't do it and lies down to die right next to his prey.

Also I never knew walrus were that massive, especially considering how large polar bears are.

They can get someone else to narrate. The people actually doing the legwork will still be there.

shieeeeeeeeeet some of these shots are 10/10

Attenborough did a one-off show about bioluminescence recently. See if you can find it, it's really trippy.

No it isn't

It's not as simple as that.

Who's got the voice, knowledge, is as likeable and has the screen presence as Attenborough. No one that's the answer.

Just look at the American remakes of the bbc docs where Attenborough is replaced with American stars. Shits unbearable

netflix.com/WiMovie/The_Hunt/70242565?trkid=2361637