letterboxd.com/hairlesseagle/
letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
letterboxd.com/film/jewtopia
letterboxd.com/steakbro/
letterboxd.com/cakewalker/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

letterboxd.com/bvgf/

/pastafrola

So what is the /lbg/ consensus on Dawn of Justice, Ultimate (meaning: director's) cut?

Improvement over the theatrical, but still a film with too many problems. It tries to bring so much more to the genre (and that's a good thing), it just isn't achieved that well.

Lex Luthor is still horribly miscast and Eisenberg is still atrocious. Gal Gadot still can't speak english. The soundtrack is still uninspired apart from the Man of Steel callbacks. The fight itself is underwhelming and ruined by the JL introduction placed right as the tension is building. Martha still is the reason they stop fighting. The Doomsday fight still sucks. Superman's death has no impact.

However, it does improve in some areas.

The editing is much better and everything actually flows. There's actually establishing shots. Superman actually does things Superman would do. Lex Luthor actually has a proper reasoning and explanation for his actions.

My rating went from 3/10 to 5/10.

pretty helpful to identify plebs

if he gave BvS a high rating = pleb

Why do you think Luthor/Eisenberg is a miscast? He plays rather well the eccentric young millionaire/inventor with a sense of false superiority and know-it-all attitude, and in the end we see glimpses of his future self that people know from other media, stripped of the earlier false superiority attitude.

The soundtrack was decent enough, not bad but not particularly good either. There are maybe 2-3 songs that I like in there.. Better than Zimmer or Junkie's recent work. It was used effectively with repeating musical cues here and there.

To me the action and the CGI action was really good and improvement over MoS. Snyder has found a certain operatic energy to his work now and I hope he will continue to push it on his next film. Doomsday fight was a spectacle because of this and thrillingly paced, there was a clear sense of 'this shit is too difficult to deal with' It took basically Superman dying twice and another superhero to deal with it.

Consequences of his death are summarized quite fine in webm, so I think you might be a tad bit unfair.

(3.5/5, best capefilm I have seen)

Some of the dialogue really needed a different kind of setup or delivery though, Wonder Woman bits should've been paced differently in the end. Extra kudos for good pacing, I never felt the film was spinning its wheels in the 180 minute runtime.

By the way, is the unrated cut of Live Free or Die Hard good?

get better taste

let's bring up the quality of this thread
*farts*

I get the idea of Luthor that they're going for, but as a character they're aiming to set up for it doesn't work at all. If they want to portray Luthor as this smart billionaire who can turn these superheroes against each other, the performance should've shown that. And I don't think it did. It portrayed Luthor more as a socially inept socialite than a person who could actually create this tension between the two. I know it worked for some people, but it just didn't for me.

The soundtrack was a massive step down from Man of Steel to me. The main theme from Man of Steel does get played occasionally throughout BvS, and it's by far the strongest part of the soundtrack. I think this soundtrack sounds very generic and really doesn't elevate any of the moments throughout the film. I think especially in the titular fight, there's not a heavy soundtrack that really would've benefited it. It just feels kind of mediocre because of that. Also because the tension is immediately killed by the JL introduction before it, but that's beside the point.

Well I just have to disagree. The Doomsday fight felt very cliche. It felt like another 'heroes must stop the end of the world' scenario, that is really tired at this point in the superhero genre. I didn't really find it thrilling, especially when the CGI is so heavily used. It just kind of feels like a screen test at points honestly.

Ah, well I don't mean his death has no consequences, I just mean it has little impact on the viewer. Snyder is obviously trying to use elements of the Death of Superman comic, but doesn't really understand why it works in the first place. In that story, Superman has been around for a while, and is almost universally regarded as a great hero. He is seen positively by almost everyone, and represents the ideal for humanity to strive towards. And when he fights Doomsday and subsequently sacrifices himself, it's because he can't beat him otherwise.

Will continue in next post, just gimme a sec.

letterboxd.com/hugemoff

If you really think BvS is the superhero/comic book film then I don´t know what to think. Me and my girlfriend were laughing our asses off on how cringe worthy the movie was. Though I admit it seems that the Directors Cut might fix a lot of things

letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/

Dunno what I´m going to watch today

of course some faggot would make an omar mateen pepe

>gf
kys

g'day lads, take that energy you'll use to shit on my favourite films and read my Independence Day review instead

letterboxd.com/CianLangan/

letterboxd.com/cianlangan/film/independence-day-resurgence/

there's no going down in quality when the thread starts out with two virginal sperglords unironically discussing le cape man vs le cape man, we can only go up from here

stop preoccupying yourself with manchild shit and even you could get a gf

>faggot
It probably wasn't a faggot

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
Gettysburg
Sands of Iwo Jima
Top Gun
The Birth of a Nation
Black Hawk Down
Red Dawn
A Few Good Men
Team America
Platoon
Rocky IV
Born on the Fourth of July
Heaven & Earth

2/2.

Superman is BvS is still a controversial figure. We get a lot of time spent on the consequences of the Metropolis attack, and get a lot of moments dealing with humanity's view of Superman. And it's a very mixed response. It's definitely not all positive. He's also yet to become the 'perfect man' that he is in the original story. He helps people sure. But he still is unsure of his place in the world. He still is unsure of where his allegiances lie. He isn't the beacon of hope for humanity yet. We've been shown that this Superman isn't the perfect human and ideal. He's a flawed character (which some will argue is better), but subsequently one that doesn't work.

After being exposed to two films where we are told to question the place of Superman in the world and whether or not he is a worthwhile hero, the fact he is suddenly treated as a person to be mournful over, doesn't quite fit. It doesn't retain the power of the original story they were obviously going for.

Watchmen (Director's Cut) is still the best capefilm in my opinion.

The dialogue I will agree with, as well as Wonder Woman's place in this. She is really only in this to set up her solo movie and the final Doomsday fight.

The pacing is better than the theatrical by a mile though. I don't feel like I'm looking at my watch a bunch like I was in the cinema, that's for sure.

this senpai

>3.5/5
>best capefilm I have seen

dumb ghettoposter

>Superman is BvS is still a controversial figure. We get a lot of time spent on the
consequences of the Metropolis attack, and get a lot of moments dealing with humanity's view of Superman. And it's a very mixed response. It's definitely not all positive. He's also yet to become the 'perfect man' that he is in the original story. He helps people sure. But he still is unsure of his place in the world. He still is unsure of where his allegiances lie. He isn't the beacon of hope for humanity yet. We've been shown that this Superman isn't the perfect human and ideal. He's a flawed character (which some will argue is better), but subsequently one that doesn't work.

After being exposed to two films where we are told to question the place of Superman in the world and whether or not he is a worthwhile hero, the fact he is suddenly treated as a person to be mournful over, doesn't quite fit. It doesn't retain the power of the original story they were obviously going for.

having a gf is a problem if you want to watch films seriously

great argument :)))

not if you know how to handle your shit

best capefilm ever made IMO

i don't argue with Sup Forums refugees

Never even browsed Sup Forums but whatever.

Not going to bother with someone who can't present an actual point outside of memeing.

letterboxd.com/hairlesseagle/

I went 2 weeks without watching a film and I'm completely lost on what to watch next

You are comparing him to some other version of Luthor, I believe. What was shown and portrayed worked for the film and the narrative. He even gets half-win in the film by proving Superman is not all powerful, but is good in the heart so his loss isn't a complete loss. He was debating the problem of evil and wanted an answer, and he got it in the end.

>The soundtrack was a massive step down from Man of Steel to me.
There are definitely 2-3 pieces that elevate the mood in BvS, the most operatic moments of 'Do You Bleed', the heavy metal like Wonder Woman theme (Is She With You) was a real treat amidst all the generic Zimmerism, the first half of 'This Is My World' suited the scene wonderfully, and Fight Night. Again, I'm saying it's decent and better than I'm used to from modern Zimmer, I'm not saying it is all good or great, but suitable enough to carry scene
>Superman is BvS is still a controversial figure.
>he is suddenly treated as a person to be mournful over, doesn't quite fit
>In that story, Superman has been around for a while, and is almost universally regarded as a great hero. He is seen positively by almost everyone, and represents the ideal for humanity to strive towards. And when he fights Doomsday and subsequently sacrifices himself, it's because he can't beat him otherwise.

It's the reverse in (from the POV of the public) in Dawn of Justice and I find it executed rather well. He is a controversial or even hated character in the film. Clark's moment of sacrifice after 'This is my world' is probably my favorite scene of the film and Snyder somehow manages to make Cavill convincing. That's the gold moment when he drives the spear through him, with the elevating music piece playing and the 'Look around you' is a sign of new age of magic/heroes coming to birth. It, despite 'He can't die because [comics] or [it's a franchise], feels earned moment to me.

And it's a film of changes, both Wayne and Clark change at the end I feel it is earned.

what kino should I watch with my friends

>meme favorites

marvel & DC are both nuevo-culture bar-lowered shit-content-pushers. they're both idly entertaining the absolute scum of movie audiences with their frivolous movies. what about BADASS MAVERICKS like TIM BURTON? remember that intelligent individual? shit, man, he had a warehouse of specialfx goodies that they drew from, they'd build some awesome stuff on his own accord cause he's a fucking genius. and then they'd get some A-list actors, roll the cameras and MAKE FILMS. THAT'S the VIBE, man. THAT'S where it was AT. not these two culture-demon coorporations making green screen movies from writers stuck in their phony dusty pseudo-retro dying-corners. look at the fucking goof spiderman in the trailer. barging into the trailer for views. that's not my hero. shouldn't be anyone's hero. what losers you people are

>last place to not shitpost about capeshit on Sup Forums
>gets finally fucked

dumb shitposter

>meme favorites

better post an anime image to show them how superior i am

but i elevate the discourse. i have pointed opinions & i express them to an apparently memorable degree, seeing as you are coming at me like this after some thread where i casually shut down your mediocre assembly-line movies. srsly ur just gna respond 'reddit' to this post. make a goddamn point, shithead.

I don´t mind capeshit but why the hell do we have to have the discussion here because there are dozens of threads about this already

Yeah, I guess. I just don't think his performance was convincing in this version they were aiming for. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. If you want to make the case for whether Luthor 'won' or not, there's a good point there.

'Do You Bleed' if I recall correctly plays during the Batmobile chase? I think it's suitable during that moment. 'This Is My World' actually enhances the scene so I will agree with you on that. 'Is She With You' is just not on the same level. It feels extremely generic and designed in an attempt to seem 'cool' just like the heavy rock that plays during the Spartan charge in 300. It feels overdone and subsequently, actually detracts from the scene.

It is the reverse, and they certainly do portray Superman as controversial character. However, Superman's sacrifice still doesn't carry that emotional weight that it should. I think it's to do with the fact that we've built up this controversial image of Superman, as well as just seen this supposed 'Icon' go head to toe with Batman and get in a overly long fight with Doomsday. To see this man who's been beaten up and labeled a 'false god', suddenly turn and be labeled a hero following one night, seems unbelievable to me. The Jesus crucifixion symbolism immediately after the fight also leaves what just occurred over the top.

That makes sense. Wayne changes his opinions on the place on man in the universe and whether or not humanity is good. Clark though, is it the public's perception that changes? His sacrifice is obviously meant to mean he's finally understood his place in the world ("This is my world."). Has Clark really changed otherwise though? If it comes down to those, Bruce definitely changed more, though I guess it both extends to their personal worldview.

But I still don't think it's smart to have that occur then just kill him. (of course he's not dead because franchises, but you get the idea.)

I guess this film is a very polarizing one.

Yeah you go Juho with your Sup Forums trash reaction images and Refn faggotry. Better act superior with two lines of greentext instead of starting a discussion about film.

If I were a dump frogposter I'd post a picture of it because damn kid kys

Because someone posted about it. Blame them.

like it or not they're the only two actually talking about movies lmao

you cant even counter the argument in a convincing manner! which implies you are likely genetically inferior to everyone else when it comes to brain power! which means you are less likely to enact personal success in this world! which means you are less likely to get a hold of your very own femaliae to have and to hold forever til death does you part! which means your opinion holds less weight bitch! get bent you asked for it!

>It is the reverse, and they certainly do portray Superman as controversial character. However, Superman's sacrifice still doesn't carry that emotional weight that it should.
I love the 'If you seek his monument, just look around' scene. It is all the weight it needs, second favorite scene from the film.

The overnight change, well it is probably more than an overnight? We see the funerals, we see the monument scene. It probably was few weeks at least.

The heavy metal piece of WW felt fun enough, even Gal Gadot is smiling n' shit when she gets thrown around. I felt it was deserved change from the Zimmerism.

I'm not sure how to interpret all the symbolism, god imagery and whatnot. The film does make a point how he is but a kryptonian and men insert the Jesus imagery on him (then again, there are blunt and blunter images of Supes=Jesus in the film that are just way too obvious for them to be smart in a way 'that's just you inserting it'. Probably needs a rewatch.

It was nice having this discussion, machill? or whoever posts mpv filenames.

But what about that unrated Live Free or Die Hard, is it good?

they're talking about flicks

Well, guess we'll just have to disagree. It didn't work for me, but glad it worked for you.

It of course didn't happen entirely overnight, funerals take a few days at least, but it fees very quick and sudden regardless.

Yeah, I guess. It didn't entertain me at all, but I guess it was different from Zimmer's score. Still think Zimmer has done much better scores than this in the past 5 years alone, often elevating otherwise mediocre films (Interstellar, Man of Steel).

I'm not too sure either. I'm not very educated in Christian theory and other types of religious art than what I've read and seen, so maybe it benefits from other knowledge. Probably would help with a rewatch.

No worries mate. It was good chatting to you. I'm bvgf. I need to go to bed anyway.

I've actually yet to see the unrated cut of it. I kind of consider the first three and the next two seperate. I think it was DirkH who described Live Free like light beer? Almost like the real thing but not really. So maybe the unrated cut helps. Sorry I can't help you there. Anyway, thanks for the chat.

still the point stands. They're the only fucks not memeing

Lets fix that and talk about Orson Welles or some shit

Is the american remake of Breathless good? Or is Gere's penis the only good thing in it?

it's better than the original

i don't believe you

letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/

t. gay

>the pope raping of evolution_rex

both are mediocre

Nice shitposting, '''friends'''

godard hate is a low effort meme desu senpai

best thread yet

What movie is in the OP?

you're a low effort meme

Duelle

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

This is hilarious! First time I see actual movie discussion happening in one of these /lgbt/ threads, and guess what, it's about CAPESHIT. Holy fucking shit you lot are pathetc. You people don't actually care about films, it's all posturing and posing.

>it's a meme to have taste
really shows how far this place dropped since steakbro joined

I was in doubt too, but then I focused in reading the wall and suddenly eureka

You have none

Lurk more then, faggot, there was a Spring Breakers discussion the other day.

This thread is making me so so sad. All those movies people think are shit. Jesus Sup Forums is in bad shape

Spring Breakers is a memefilm, no better than capeshit

nosaj/steakbro are literally meme: the taste

Probably the biggest bait thread ever

(you)

Which is as subversive and anti-art as BvS and also this I fail to find a single person who is "wrong"

letterboxd.com/film/jewtopia

I hope so, and perhaps some of the posts are bait, but then it gets replies agreeing with it. Too bad, man

Nice memes.

Nice judging book by its covers.

Real epicO moral high ground with a shitpost.

I love reading these threads, it makes me realize how superior I am to you all

Keep up the shitposting, shitposter

Bait runs free all the time here. That and the whole board each day hitting a new bottom of plebness.
That thread is just another shitposting general, quite bothersome however for opening with such a fantastic film as Lake Mungo.

if you don't like S2 of TD, or Only God Forgives, or Zack Snyder films, you are a pleb.

Hi Josiah

this is one of the worst /lbg/ threads in a while

if you're 15 years-old, maybe. but even that's a stretch.

if you don't like The Master of Tree of Life or TND or Kurosawa you are a pleb

You are not here often. Most are on this level but usually are worse

there's only one good thing in the 3 mentionned in this post, can you find which one?

The Embryo is immunized against all dangers: one may call him an autist, pleb, redditor, shitposter, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him an Embryo and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

Oh I´m here often but so far the thread is awful. it really shows that the weekend has begun

summer weekend, what could possibly go wrong?

>20 ips.
>90 posts.

>The only film discussion was from Machill +1.

Nice community you have here (:

Film discussion hehe

Is there a list somewhere of films released this year? I've been mainly focusing on older stuff and haven't gotten to around to seeing a lot of releases.

>do you think is is good?
>no, i think it's bad
>YOU DISAGREE WITH ME? NICE SHITPOSTING :^)))))

letterboxd.com/steakbro/

time to go buy a replacement 1/4" > 3.5mm adapter for my headphones

too bad these stupid fucking things don't just use a normal goddamn AUX cable

letterboxd.com/cakewalker/

anyone know any good films where the protagonist has amnesia?

who the fuck names themself steakbro?

cucks

>it's a masterpiece
>3 stars
ok