My mother is terminally ill with Pancreatic Cancer, and I have power of attorney over her...

My mother is terminally ill with Pancreatic Cancer, and I have power of attorney over her...went to her credit union today to close her account, and the lady working wouldn't do it because my mother didn't sign the document on the line, she signed it in the middle of the page.
She's fucking been laying in a bed for 26 days, she can't sit up, she signed it laying down and did the best she could.
Fucking cunt bank.
Thankfully, I went to another branch and they helped me out and took care of the account.
What the fuck is wrong with people?
I'm already in a horrible position with losing my mother, and this bitch thinks she can decide what's the correct way to sign a legal fucking document that was notarized and witnessed, attested to...?? The fuck.
I'm livid right now.
BUT, I should be cool right, because what needed to get done got done...but I can't stop thinking about the horrible cunt that wouldn't help and made this experience that much worse.

this isn't your blog
and quit being wrathful

Fair enough.
Thanks.

I feel you OP. I don't know you, but I care about you and your mother, and I hope whatever happens will be good for her.

Thank you.
The kicker of all of this is, she's only 65 and just retired in June, on her bday. She had all these great plans and trips planned out...then wham...you have fucking cancer.
Fucking sucks. I feel so awful for her.

Your mother sounds like a cunt

She was when I was a kid. I hated her and she hated me. As you age, that shit goes away.
And, now, we've been closer these last few weeks than we ever have been.
Sucks that this is what had to do it.

maybe the dumb bitch should learn how to sign on a line. seriously thats preschool level shit

I don't disagree...but, if it's signed - what does it matter where?
If the notary thought there was a problem with it, that's on them. The bank has no legal right to refuse the POA, unless they just want to be dickheads.
The 2nd branch had no issue with it, it was just this one bitch.

>Hates mother
>Gets cancer
>Woww now i get all her shit when she dies
>paranoid people will find out
>act real nice to her in person and do all her last errands
>paranoid that people will think hes doing it to get all her shit when she dies
>goes on Sup Forums to make a thread in the hopes that when they scoure his activity they see hes posting how angry someone treating his mum badly made him
>they wont think i want all her shit now >;)

some bitches love the feeling of authority, its intoxicating.

laugh at them and loudly say "LET ME TALK TO THE MANAGER" as if they're a retarded mexican with shitty english.

putting them in their place, talking to the manager in front of them as if they dont even speak english feels amazing and takes that authority right fucking out of them.

That's all grand, but... she has no shit to take.
The closing of the account was done because it's what she wanted. She was a terribly abusive woman, but the fact remains, she is still my mother. Whatever she wants at the end of her life, I am doing the best to give it to her.
Not everyone here is a giant sack of shit.
Mostly.

RIP in piece OP's mom

I wish I would have, but when I asked to record the conversation she asked me to leave.

either do something or let it go. the teller wasn't probably trying to pull one over on you or make your day shit, she was probably just doing her job. If you had an issue you could've gone to her manager, explained the situation, played the cancer card which usually makes people give in somewhat.

It's okay to be upset but whining about it isn't going to solve anything. I feel for you though OP, pancreatic cancer is the worst of the worst. Cancer in general just sucks, my dad just recently went back on chemo from being in remission from stage four, he's got it in the liver and the colon though. Shit sucks.

Well, I'm very sorry about your mother, bro, but don't you think the lady at the bank was probably just trying to protect her from being scammed? Pain in the ass, yes, but a picky bank isn't necessarily a bad thing for their customers.

Maybe so, but the other branch didn't seem to care as much. The lady never even questioned it. She made copies and closed the account.

>record the conversation

lol stop hanging out on r/mensrights, tape recorders are silly.

every two weeks, just leave a nasty yelp review mentioning her by name.

each time use a fake account with 2 or 3 reviews so they look real.

she'll stop feeling like the big kid on campus when her boss says "Amanda, we've been getting negative reviews on yelp mentioning your name. I'm cutting your hours to 10 a week. stop fucking around."

Should of replied, OP :^)

yo fuck you bureaucratic robot.

that cunt CLEARLY should have bent the rules for a dying woman.

Yeah, you're right... I won't do anything, but I felt like I needed to vent and this is where I come to do that from time to time.
Sorry about your father. This whole experience is fucking awful.
Hers has spread to liver, bowels and she has fluid in her lungs and stomach. Each day she just seems to deteriorate a little more.