A New Genre?

Hey what do you think about this new genre I created named broken word? I have uploaded the first album as well as the first half of the second album for free. They are concept albums about an AI sent from the future in search of her programmer. I am waiting to upload the second half of the new album until I receive donations in order to upgrade my hardware.

thelastgreatprophet.wixsite.com/discography

Other urls found in this thread:

humanmetrics.com/personality
youtu.be/XTjJ2_P5P4U
youtube.com/watch?v=jG2KMkQLZmI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i don't really see how this is a new genre but ok

Not sure what you are trying to do. Good concept but the result is not pleasant to the ear.
Maybe try it in another medium like lowpoly CG videos?

It's more of the type of music for intuitives do to it being sci-fi storyline heavy :-P

What genre would you call it then?

Autism_underscore_core

No one will recognize this as a new genre
Stop trying

What genre do you think it is then?

What genre do you think it is then?

krautrock i guess

Definitely not krautrock :-P

>music for intuitives

What is this even supposed to mean?

Intuitives make up 20% of the human population. They have a preference toward concepts and bigger pictures which is opposite for sensors which are more into the physical world and detail.
You can find more information here:

humanmetrics.com/personality

:-D :-/ :-3 :-( :-) :-v :-O :-U

Something tells me you probably shouldn't be here.

Why not?

Experimental rock.

I was excited when I saw "broken word" because I thought it would be a glitch and spoken word fusion. Maybe you should ditch the rock and make remixes of the spoken words with minimal electronics.

I would say experimental rock is the closest thing. although many people consider anything that has a guitar with a different background experimental rock :-P but this music is similar with a spoken word atmosphere.

It's new (I think...), but I can't say your current work is very appealing. The instrumentation simply doesn't fit it. And I think you should be more sparse with the spoken word, just have it in intervals instead of constantly running.

Yes I get where you coming from with the continuous speech. the first two were just to focus on storytelling. In the third album it is more "song like" even with vocal choruses :-)

So let me get this straight...

You mixed a bunch of loops and laid rambling text-to speech lyrics over top of them. There's nothing new about that.

No I completely composed all of the instrumental melodies myself. And made a storyline about an AI searching for her programmer. Name one artist who has an album like either of these... I dare you ;-)

:-D :-/ :-3 :-( :-) :-v :-O :-U ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) Bumpo ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Is everyone on Sup Forums autistic at this point?

Concept albums are not a new concept either.

I like it. It's quite scary

:-/

The spongebob meme misspelled the word "jealousy"

Whatever helps you sleep a night.

press the post number at the top right corner of someone's post to reply directly to them

Like this?

got it! :)

Or like this? :-D

either way works! as long as it has ">>numbers" in it it's good. Typically people here put it at the very top of their message unless they're using it to refer to someone midsentence (kinda like a pronoun)

what's going on in this thread

ITT

Yey! I am learning :-) maybe someday I will be a professional 4channer like the guy with the spongebob meme. He seems like he has been here for a looong time

A new emerging genre :-)

Get out

No one wants you here

Who are you talking to?

Why would I do it? :-( That's very rude of you. I'm just sharing a new genre I created. Don't be so hostile about it. :-/

It's not a new genre because shitty music has been a thing forever

your music isn't half bad but you didn't create a genre. get off of your high horse.

If people are being mean you can click the left side of the post to report them, the admins like hoot and mirowill then remove their posts and get them banned! Serves them right.

Good luck, innovator! :-)

No please don't b& me

ITT

source?

Thanks for the tip but I just consider them to be comedians who are bad at their own craft.

Then what genre do you think it is?

Just because you can't pigeonhole your music doesn't mean it's a "new genre." It just meas it's a mess.

So you have an opinion without evidence to back it up :-p What is "now I won" spelled backwards?

>ITT

Congratulations. You "won" an argument on Sup Forums.

Now get the fuck out.

This is bad. Good day.

Mommy Milkies is better
youtu.be/XTjJ2_P5P4U

I actually quite like it

youtube.com/watch?v=jG2KMkQLZmI

Not a new genre by any means... it's not even really unique sorry...

This music is much closer to an actual new genre:

Http://www.Soundcloud.com/AloyScrimshaw

There's already a genre for this. It's called garbage.

broken word is already a genre and it's hiphop

Why doesn't someone make an album of Microsoft sam voices singing like a choir?

This thread was a nightmare from start to finish

also was expecting this
also was disappointed

damn not bad... I like the soundtrack... now this is why I like this site :-p

finally someone near my level!