Do you think this album will be remembered 9000 years in the future? I think so

Do you think this album will be remembered 9000 years in the future? I think so.

Lol no kill yourself please

You know it's true that's why you're mad.

It's a mixed bag at best.
It's not as special as you think.

It's decent. Nothing special. Decent.

Kanye will probably be in the same general conversation as The Beatles, Nirvana, Led Zeppelin, Michael Jackson, etc.

9000 years is absurd but 300-400 years? I think he'll be remembered fondly

you probably think that dg made something special

>yeezus
>nothing special
>inb4 death grips

Only come up and get me sounds somewhat like on sight.

its not even decent
its half assed and lazy
literally babbys first """experimental""" album

but I listen to it like I listen to any other pop
this album is great

i don't see how it's half-assed at all. seems pretty damn committed to its themes and overall sound. you not liking minimal production doesn't make something half-assed.

They're alright.
I like their albums but they're not 'special' by any means either.

Not even I would go that far.

>its half assed

I can't think of a more focused album than Yeezus. The album just breezes by, absolutely no second wasted an no filler what so ever.

>literally babbys first """experimental""" album

You can't find me a major label hip-hop record that sound's even remotely like it.

>You can't find me a major label hip-hop record that sound's even remotely like it.
The Money Store

(Mixed bag guy here)
Dude they said not to bring up DG.

its not supposed to be an experimental album, its just a pop album with some abrasive sounds here and there but autists here meme it into oblivion

IDK about Kanye, but 9000 years definitely isn't absurd for Death Grips (unironic)

>pop album
>has a guy manically screaming over pixelated industrial beats

Will this album be remembered in 9000 years i hope so lol

hello grandpa
the pop has changed

This album wont even be remembered in two years. Shitty, post-ironic trash.

I bet you think that radiohead is not a pop band

>yeezus
>pop album

>album heavily samples pop
>isn't pop

i mean i love the album but come on man

this labeling means nothing
90% of hip-hop and rock is pop, just because it's little bit abrasive doesn't mean not pop
also reminded that admins on rym are literal grannys

reminder*

>bringing up DG for no explicit reason
Back to 2012, and I sincerely hope you don't mean to imply that Yeezus is infinitely more special than any of DG's collective works

By that logic if a hip hop producer samples country that makes it a country album

i mean I'm meh about the album but cmon man.

MBDTF and Yeezus sound completely different yet you both call them pop. Genre descriptions exist for a reason.

>what is noise pop

they're different kinds of pop, those genre tags imply that they are not that similar, but ultimately both of them are pop

Electro-industrial is literally industrial-pop
Industrial hip-hop is literally hip-hop influenced electro-industrial

Pop=/=top 40 shit
Experimental hip hop is categorized under popular

Wtf no dude dont be so rude can i get an apology

MDBTF is pop-rap, no one's arguing that. There is nothing identifiable that's pop on Yeezus. If Yeezus is pop, every album under the sun is. Either you're wrong or genres don't make any sense.

Kanye is in the same line of succession of The Beatles and Nirvana.

The Beatles-Nirvana-Kanye West

I'm not a Kanye fan at all, but I have to admit Yeezus has been his best and most entertaining album for me personally.

It's a light 8/10.

The White Album is a decent mixed bag as well and people still talk about it. Not something I'm ok with, but this: ... And this as well:

>uh huh honey
>dancehall hooks
>nina simone
>autotune outros

i'll give you that the album aesthetically is not in pop conventions, but kanye doesn't operate outside of pop conventions. that's what makes him as great as the beatles, nirvana, etc

>the use of autotune makes everything automatically pop

You can't be this stupid.

>putting words in my mouth

the "I CAN'T LOSE, NO I CAN'T LOSE" is 100% chris brown, 2008 era r&b. being too defensive is why people hate kanye stans. and i consider myself a kanye stan.

>If Yeezus is pop, every album under the sun is
considering that 90% of hip-hop and rock are pop, and you clearly don't know much about the situation of pop in music in general, it could be true for you

Are you seriously stupid enough to use pop as an umbrella term? You do realize pop is an actual genre. Speak in genre terms or don't speak at all.

>There is nothing identifiable that's pop on Yeezus
except that it's catchy, and those song structures are art pop at their least pop

Are you seriously stupid enough to not use pop as an umbrella term? You do realise that genre tags are made to sale stuff.
Just because it's a little bit more abrasive then your conventional pop, doesn't mean that his album is not pop. The meaning of pop gets more blurred with every year.

with every decade*
it's more correct probably

Kanye is completely irrelevant outside of america

Not really.

How we have fallen...

autistic

so if a friend asks you to recommend him a pop album, you would consider recommending him Yeezus? You would consider it in the same way you consider a T Swift, adelle, or whateverthefuck pop star?/

the beatles are extremely low-brow culture when you think about it.

they pretend like they invented psychedilia, then come to san francisco and are disgusted by the "revolution" they conveniently champion from their london lofts

they really do make me sick

Pop=popular music

Trying to argue kanye isnt pop is borderline autistic...

kanye west and taylor swift literally occupy the same cultural space. if that wasn't proof in 2016 i think you need to reevaluate the music industry

It's already forgotten.

The beatles never said they invented psych, but they sure as hell were the most capable songwriters to tackle it. See thats why people listen to the beatles today and not the mountains of garbage that is late 60's psychedelic rock

Hah, no.

not in any way relevant to what i said. kys

Honesty this, the proof of this is simply seeing that MBDTF, 808's, etc are still talked about but who the fuck ever brings up "kanye discovers industrial and thinks he can make it too"

humans better not be alive in 9000 years

Yeezus is his most discussed album along with MBDTF. Even this site has a fucking Yeezus banner.

>most capable songwriters to tackle it

Every single beatles song is about love and girls. Fuck off.

>thinks songwriting means lyrics
>tells someone to fuck off
how cute

>Songwriting doesn't mean lyrics
Change my diaper!

>Pop=popular music
>le autistic mmeme xDD
>ending a statement with ...
this board gets shittier and shittier everyday

The definition of a songwriter. taken from Cambridge's website
>a person who writes the music and words of songs
>writes the music
>music
Do I need to explain what music is?

original guy that said he loathes the beatles here, i'm not the guy you're arguing with. but even as songwriters the beatles range between bland and good, with about 3 or 4 excellent songs

No one's going to remember shit 9000 years from now. We'll either be zippin' around in space, dead, or recovering from the nth goofy cataclysm.

Kanye has the worst flow. He can't stay on topic, his rhythm is boring and his lyrics have no meaning. The only people that can make a connection to his music are as retarded as he is or they're so desperate to be cool they fake liking his bullshit.

I love him for his inflections and accent and just the general way he says shit. He sounds very unique.

Good b8, guy

?

Has bait just become a handwave saying for 'I have no response but I must reply'?

We'll probably blow ourselves up within 50 years so I'd say there's no chance his music will make it that far.

Yes

No, it's just that it's hard to believe anyone is serious when they compliment Kanye. From an engineering/production standpoint, His productions are thin sounding, everything sounds muffled, the general mixing/mastering is atrocious, and specifically his vocals sound super thin and weak.

It'll crush expectations

I'm not saying his vocals are particularly strong but his accent is funny and subject to mimicry

I just can't get over how terrible the sound and lyrics are, so I can't even focus on what you're talking about.

kkk

>From an engineering/production standpoint, His productions are thin sounding, everything sounds muffled, the general mixing/mastering is atrocious, and specifically his vocals sound super thin and weak.

What album are you talking about mate? It surely can't be Yeezus, some really talented people worked on that album. One of the sharpest and hard-hitting albums I've heard from a sonic perspective.

listenin to it for the first time, it's fine and entertaining

depends on what my friend is into, but yes, I could rec him yeezus or death grips in general as pop music, because it's nothing more than poo with some quirks

this

Thinking 9000 years into the future freaks me out, it seriously gives me anxiety. It's not some imaginative place, it will absolutely, certainly happen. Maybe cryogenics isn't that bad of an idea after all.

imagine being this stupid

do you even read what people are saying to you:
seems like you just have a mindset of an old guy that can't give up on his old views on what pop music is

Yeezus (and death grips too) is clearly pop by modern music standards, and not because of its popularity.

Hold my Liquor and Blood on the Leaves are two of the best Kanye songs ever. Other than that Yeezus is just above average.

Almost 4 years on and I still don't get what people see in this album. It's his only album that I'd say is bad with the exception of a few songs in its first half. Even TLOP has a stronger hit:miss ratio IMO.

the entire second side is golden monkey music. it's the first side that's hit or miss guy

I'd say that On Sight, Black Skinhead and New Slaves are the worthwhile tracks on the album, MAYBE the first verse of I Am A God if I'm feeling generous. The second half is one huge misfire to these ears save for Guilt Trip's instrumentals.

I don't think there's any album "to remember" anymore to normies

All of Kanye's albums since MBDTF are constantly great so none of them will be a relic on it's own, if that ever happens

I feel the opposite, MBDTF was the last great album he put out. Still some solid songs here and there but he's been VERY hit or miss since.

new kanye > old kanye

those who think otherwise are probably rockists of hip-hop music

old kanye = new kanye

only "inbetween" kanye (graduation and 808's) is more uncanny, because it's really fucking generic

I just think new Kanye is rather inane at times. He had something good with MBDTF's manic depressive episodes and it just sounds like he's been trying too hard to one-up that ever since. I've liked the guy since Late Registration and 808's is my favorite but his last 2 have just been sort of underwhelming to me.

MBDTF is wildly overrated and at least he's trying to break new ground in his newer stuff

Not really sure what new ground he's breaking - seems like it's just more abrasive, off the wall takes on what he was already doing on Graduation and MBDTF to me.

what's okay to talk about in your music if anything. Kanye has been pushing that envelope for a while now

Since The College Dropout, I suppose. Don't really recall a whole lot of introspective, vulnerable hip-hop like that before he made it cool. Also, fuck knows how many artists out there are WAY more taboo than Kanye. Artists have been fighting that fight for decades.

tru, same goes for Drake even though no one likes to give him credit here

desu I only like blingybong song

this is lowkey bait because i definitely replied

drake took that directly from 808s and took his flow from lil wayne.

i will throw shit at the door of any music reviewer who remembers drake's career as more important than any singular kanye work