Help me identify this diode

Help me identify this diode.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-15-Zener-Diode-1N4720-15V-500mW-1-2W-/122049830042?hash=item1c6abc9c9a:g:qmoAAOSwT6pVjU40
mouser.com/ProductDetail/Microsemi/1N4720/
tectelradio.com/Default.aspx?CID=14
arrow.com/
edu-observatory.org/physics-faq/General/Glass/glass.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

maybe 1n4720 as stated right on the diode

Already found it on Mouser and even the data sheet. Looks to be $42 each from Mouser? Might be out of production.

DUDE!!! $42 is like a shitload o money for a diode!

get the datasheet, you are guarantee to find an equal or even better with the exact footprint for 1/100 of that price...

look at the spec and replace with a similar one, it's a fucking diode.

ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-15-Zener-Diode-1N4720-15V-500mW-1-2W-/122049830042?hash=item1c6abc9c9a:g:qmoAAOSwT6pVjU40

Yup, its a diode.

1n4720
about 20 dollars on ebay

It's a 30 year old strobe light.

It's D1.

Why not buy a new strobe? Probably cheaper than that diode...

mouser.com/ProductDetail/Microsemi/1N4720/

Oh shit yeah I remember that diode
I think I left it in your mum's room on the side, I'll pick it up next time kiddo

Looks to be just a normal rectifier diode according to datasheet, probably any other standard diode rated for ≥3A would work.

Replace it with any 100V 2A diode
e.g. STPS 2H100 ( 30 cents)

Just a regular rectifier diode. 100V 3A, you can buy a 1N5403 for less than a buck

you could buy a new strobe for the price of that diode. however, if you feel like repairing it, buy a similar diode (newer ones probably last longer and cost less)

Waste an hour on Sup Forums asking about a diode. Waste another hour finding diode. Waste another hour getting diode. Waste another hour replacing diode. For a fucking 30 yr old strobe thats going to shit out again in a month. Glad you don't work in my shop

This, fucking idiots, honestly.

you don't have a shop your 13 year old autismo

OP here. Thanks guys in going to get the 1N5403. It's at least a $150 commercial strobe that's why in going to spend 60 cents to fix it. Plus it hasn't had a single problem in its life if almost 31 years.

Did you drop it or something

OP here. No I'm not sure why it popped. The light has sit on top of a 35 year old snow groomer all its life. Might have been from really cold weather and the diode heating up. Not sure . For just old age and fatigue.

ok

fucking millennials, go back to habbo hotel you stupid kid

D1, as stated on the board

kek

Plus your current only going to go through it one way. For $42, you should be getting two-way current. I would look into resistors. Their two-way current, and can be used to divide voltages also.

kekimus prime

it's a gaywad 3000. you know where to find them.

its name is Robert Paulson

Holy fuck dude your looking at shattered glass in your face if your trying to 'fix' a power supply, I just pray to god you wear a face mask when installing your 'new' component.

The part # is on it..IN47 something google it

If you observe, like a professional, as I am, you'd see that is a cracked diode. It is only compatible with other cracked electronics.

If I were you I would also change out the capacitors...

I agree. Change the big electrolytics.

>> power supply
>>glass
Being this autistic

Kek

Ein4720
Si8605
You're welcome

why did you let the magic smoke out of it man, you can't do that

here you go OP

OP says it's a strobe light. Surge current will kill that in few days, if not few cycles.

diodes are ceramic, aka glass

Silicon, galium, in miniscule quantities, case is plastic. 12 volt light, at worst, it will smoke, but not explode, none the less, protecting your eyes is a good idea. I apologize for the autistic coment

What?

U stupid?

It's a broken one.
Hope this helps...

If it would take you an hour to get and replace a diode, there's only one retard here.

That's David.

It appears to be on the low side, no surge there. If it was for the xenin bulb or high side, it would be rated much higher, 3000+ volts

He told me his name was Mike

ceramics can contain berillium oxide in some applications which is extremely harmful and even fatal if inhaled, by say you crack the ceramic and the dust particles go into the air

nothing is every just something, if it was glass it would be called glass and not ceramic

Kek

Fucking lying cunt... Typical Dave.

You guys are ridiculous

>wut?
Hey look assholes i'm not here to explain the process of making diodes or why they work, or how they can break (even though I have seen many break), The only reason I hope he wears a face mask is because I have had that shit happen to me and it burns like a mother fucker. I thank god it didn't hit my eye. Glass is a state of matter and it is the state that put around fuckin diodes, especially signal diodes like the one he is trying to replace.

OP here. I'll where eye protection through out the replacement process. Where are some good electronic component website's? I'm not liking the prices or products I'm finding on eBay. I'm in the USA.

someone already listed mouser.

tectelradio.com/Default.aspx?CID=14

lol at that
arrow.com/
get to my level. a meta part search engine

Mouser, DigiKey, Newark, Banggood

oops, i may have posted wrong link

>>glass is a state of matter
>>signal diodes like the one he is trying to replace
Autism much?
Four states of matter, and only three we, humans can harness. Glass is a material
This is not a signal diode, it's a rectifier diode, geez!

>Glass is a state of matter
No
>>and it is the state that put around fuckin diodes
Wut

That's Francis.

edu-observatory.org/physics-faq/General/Glass/glass.html

>1n4720
MBR3100 for 0.5 euro as replacement ?

I know to the layman this may appear to be a diode but it is in fact, two halves of a diode.

lol, your link is a zener diode with same typenumber ?
Op's board states "D" anyway, refdes "D" means diode, "Z" means zener.

Have to read both datasheets and see how close in specs they are.

uf5408
i would use this if it is a switching power supply, this is the fast version of the 1n5408