Is uni a good idea?

Is uni a good idea?

Let's say there are no job prospects and one is tired of sitting on social benefits all day long would university be a good stepping stone to getting back into the "productive" parts of life and move to a more lucarative city after finishign degree?

I ask because I'm NEET and have a whole slew of mental health problems such as depression and anxeity. But I'm fairly sure most of that can be linked to my NEET status. There are no jobs around here and I COULD move first.....but tuition where I am is government subsidized so I pay much less then where I would move to.

Do it.

Any particular degree? I'd love to do something in the sciences but frankly I'm horrible with math and don't feel I would fit in.

I grew up loving computers but I'm not sure anything like that would work ethier.

Options:
Faculty of Arts and Science
School of Education
Williams School of Business

I enjoyed computers and suck at math also, i was thinking about computer programming or computer science however i said fuck that because my social skills are alot better than my math.

What im doing now is just getting a associates degree in arts so i can then go get certified as a X-Ray Technician. just so i can make more money. after that i will try and figure out what i really want as a career. thats just how im doing it.

Honestly, its trial and error take a variety of classes and see what has your interest and see what you cant see yourself dping for the rest of your life. You can always intern at specific places or Shadow professionals in a career you're interested in just to get an idea of what you would do in that field.

Interesting. A good piece of advice I heard was pick something, anything then "there is no spoon" like the matrix. Basically once you make your decision nothing else exists. That's all there is.

Obvious psychology sounds like a cope out degree...but if I were to combine it with Business it might be interesting. I really just need something to do that is productive and leading somewhere, honestly.

You know you could always just work on your math? If you really enjoy science or computers enough you should at least try to work a little harder on your math, you can only just improve.

I can do my best to find internships but the main problem is that I don't speak the primary language. Well I do speak it but not very well. And I've spent my whole life trying to become better with it.

I was also thinking of applying as a general interest student who can take up to 3 courses, choosing different degree areas and seeing how I feel about them.

Universites must have resources for helping students make these kinds of decisions, no?

Plus those two degrees are pretty lucrative

I think the main thing is I'm still hung up on the high school level of math. I might actually enjoy higher level math since I have a huge love for science(a la science fiction such as stargate.)

Don't go to a shit meme university with zero reputation. You'll be in debt and not much better off job wise.

The local uni is a liberal arts one but it has other programs as well. The tuition here is 3k per year for 4 years.

If I move to another place it shoots up To 10k. Which is why Id rather get a degree here.

That sounds like a good plan, also talk to an Advisor at the school they can help you get on track.

But HS math is piss easy?

Did you got sick for a month or so and lost the plot is HS, or so you genuinely don't understand them? Cause if it's the latter, there's no way you'll like uni stuff better

Maybe take chemistry if you still wanna do science? Their math's simple enough. And Chemical Engineers pay's damn good

If you think the chances of finding a good job is similar for both universities, then go for one cheaper.

If you think chances are much higher for a more expensive university, go to that one.

Tuition and debt doesn't matter in the long run when you secure a good job. But if you don't get a good paying job then debt piles up really fast.

I'm not exactly a tard per se but I have adhd and math has always been more difficult for me. I had some other diagnosis as well but I can't remember what it was.

They told me my brain works more with the creative side then the logical one.

Nether of them are one of the big fancy ones. But the local one is considered highly recognized with a high success rate of graduates.

Look at the job placement rates instead of graduates.

Those are high as well. That's what I meant is that high percent of graduates find employment in their field, depending on degree.

The reason there is a difference in price is only because here our government subsidizes most of the costs. So the difference is solely from government rather than success rates and the like.

My sister graduated 10 years ago locally and now works from home in the mortage insurance industry and makes good money. My uncle also graguate there and was ceo of a couple companies before retiring.

>I'm not exactly a tard per se but I have adhd and math has always been more difficult for me. I had some other diagnosis as well but I can't remember what it was.
>They told me my brain works more with the creative side then the logical one.

You might want to re-consider the first five words of your first sentence.

Higher level math requires mastery of the basics. You can't describe a simple capacitor without knowing how integration works.

Okay so maybe I am a tard lol. But I'm not completly unfunctional autism levels. There are things I have to work on but I'm confident I can improve.

I get most of it but then fuck up on exams. It's always been that way. Often I just mix up formulas.

I'll look into non mathematical programs. Not everyone is mad for maths I suppose.