If Grimes is so good, then how come I never hear her on the radio?

if Grimes is so good, then how come I never hear her on the radio?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payola
cmj.com/in-an-altered-zone/
noisey.vice.com/en_uS/article/who-says-girls-cant-find-music-jane-abernethy-tuneyards-grimes
rbt.asia/mu/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=meaty.jpg&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_media_hash=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_res=post
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

she's too good for radio.

grimes fags BTFFFFO

Because you heard wrong. Grimes sucks.

Do you know why Lorde gets radio time and Grimes does not? Because Lorde is not as untalented as grimes; that's why.

DEATH

talent=/=radio play. i can't even believe you would try to make this argument.

grimes sucks AND she doesn't get radio play

Because she isn't signed to a giant record label.

guys, be nice to grimes

feet

Why does she have a guitar?

>Do you know why Lorde gets radio time and Grimes does not
Yes. See

Do you know why she is not signed to a major record label? She does not have the talent.

why does any fake musician have props actual artist would put to use?

she's probably in her boyfriend house and took the picture after fucking

>radio
yeah but i can't imagine my mom dancing to Vanessa when she's making a food for me

She literally has a guitar case behind her with the name Grimes on it dood

she "plays" it but she's about as good as that guy in middle school who would bring his guitar to class and play smoke on the water and 7 nation army at lunch

One word: payola. See what that means and then you'll see why you don't hear her on the radio.

Link if you're too lazy: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payola

>grimes sucks AND she doesn't get radio play
You're an imbecile.

She has many guitars. That's her fave.

is james allowed to touch her gibson

Lame b8

Correct

Are you autistic? Because you sure are wrong

Why not?

never (you) me ever again you fucking imbecile.

Her nose is too ugly for radio

haha

I'll do it right now, fuckwit. Stop me if (You) can, son of a bitch.

STOP giving me notifications you FUKCING idiot

MORON

Radio only plays music by pretty people.

Tried the alternative station?

I like one of Grimes' songs. That's it.

she's perfect you creep

this should have been thread/

Woww grimer is a real beauty YOWZA *i levitate over the air and then i stick a long tongue out like looney tunes*

still would

>tfw she just got a "This is" playlist on Spotify last week

wow great tattoo

no way you're gonna be regretting that fucker in 15-20 years

Her body is frail and disgusting

>Do you know why she is not signed to a major record label?
Yes, actually - creative control:
>Arbutus. After two successful albums on Arbutus (and a split EP with d’Eon released on Hippos In Tanks), Boucher soon received calls from other labels looking to sign her. She declines to speak too in-depth about the negotiations, but she mentions that “there was a lot of drama” in the process of leaving Arbutus, which has released Visions in Canada. “There were a lot of tears to leave the label that basically built my career,” she says. This winter, though, she settled on 4AD for the non-Canadian release, and she says the label is “chill with a whole bunch of stuff that most labels aren’t chill with.”
cmj.com/in-an-altered-zone/

>Her music at that point was not obviously commercial, so they were talking to independent labels. There were a lot who really liked her, but I remember Claire saying we were pretty much the only ones who would take Visions and put it out just as it was, other labels apparently asked for her to rework it with a producer.
noisey.vice.com/en_uS/article/who-says-girls-cant-find-music-jane-abernethy-tuneyards-grimes

wtf i hate grimes now
she did sell out lmao

i really doubt she will

what about 115-120 years desu?

>she's about as good as that guy in middle school who would bring his guitar to class
Lol - someones' bitter about their childhood...

>music was badly produced
>Goldstein Records:"We'd love to sign you to our label! Can you just please work with our producer to help make your album that much better?"
>Grimes:"omg I am gonna cry you hurt my feelings I did this album all by myself (and it shows!) You think girls can't be producers?!? You are oppressing me so hard right now I'm gonna cry"

Grimes is a stupid bitch with no talent. If she had talent, she wouldn't need a producer to remix and rework her shitty album. You like Grimes because you're a weaboo peasant virgin with bad taste.

That's not ever her, creep.

Isn't that the same picture?

Best post ITT.

/thread

you fucking moron

>peasant virgin
lol

no..

No. Check your eyes.

>she wouldn't need a producer to remix and rework her shitty album.
She doesn't. She has 5 official self-produced releases to her name so far each of which was more critically acclaimed and commercially successful than the last.

This shouldn't have made me laugh.

This. Her work was really praised and it's doesn't matter if a deluded user (yes, you idiot) thinks that she did a bad job.

>She has 5 official self-produced releases to her name so far each of which was more critically acclaimed and commercially successful than the last.
which begs the question: If Grimes is so good, then how come I never hear her on the radio?

>it doesn't matter if an user thinks it's bad!
>it only matters when an user thinks it's good!
what a thought-provoking statement. You are truly enlightened by your own intelligence.

DUDE CHECK SHE IS ON RIGHT NOW

Grimeshitters on full damage control right now ITT I am laffin

She's on XM radio

grimes is on the radio. just not top 40 crap

because shes patrician pop

link

Dude, stop posting fake pictures.

That's her real picture, bruh. Shocking to you, but that's the truth.

when I do a google image search of that picture, it recognizes that it's grimes.

luvin every post of it

No?

That's obviously not her.

this lass is a true beauty

you joking? shes trying so hard to be top 40 crap lol

sometimes i wish grimes was a real person and not some aspie's weird ass tulpa

What if Grimes is real?

How can those eyes be real if mirrors aren't.

damn...

Wot?!

I'm not even a big Grimes fan, but it's pretty pathetic that you went out of your way to buy and piss her record just to try and get a rise out of anons on the internet.

I had her record before, implying my taste cant change or that an artist can't irredeemably go downhill

fuck off

You're pathetic. Shame on you, bloody idiot.

how does it feel knowing that I owned Grimes vinyl before you even knew who she was

and i pissed on them

>before you even knew who she was
I knew about her since 2011. Where's your god now?

Anyway, you're a complete idiot and a total moron. At least why didn't you sell those vinyl discs if you became allergic to her music?

Why would i sell this liberal toxic garbage?

Look at you, the people it creates.

>Why would i sell this liberal toxic garbage?

I'm not the guy you're talking to but holy shit you're pathetic. How can people like you exist in society if you run with your tail between your legs at anything resembling an avocation for left wing ideology

you're a pussy lmao

Scumbag. What is worse is that you posted your stupid pictures for more than a year every single month. Get over it. Seriously, you should seek help, you're a complete retard.

yeah i sure turned my tail between my legs... Despite what you may think not everyone is in love with Grimes or agrees with these threads. I know, it really makes you think.

I'm not a pussy, I'm a feminist bro

Was it every month? Doubtful, if you're going to keep count at least do it correctly, its nice to know I've had a memorable impact on you however.

I don't like these threads nor do I like liberalism but your pathetic rejection of it to the point of consistently posting in these threads like implies makes you a pretty big loser lol

You act like its my fucking job to come on Sup Forums, quite a bit of projecting you're doing there.

I don't even come here that often. Like I said I'm really stoked you all remember me though, it confirms my existence.

>Was it every month?
It was. On many general /grimes/ threads. Check the archives if you don't believe me.

I've seen other people post it, believe it or not.

Anyways its nice chatting with you lads, too bad Grimes can't have another anomaly that isnt the amphetamine psychosis that is Visions.

I'm listening to bedwetter its pretty good.

Proof: rbt.asia/mu/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=meaty.jpg&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_media_hash=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_res=post

Pages and pages. Aren't you tired of posting that crap so many times, you absolute cancer?

what are you some kind of hacker kang?

>Why would i sell this liberal toxic garbage?
Lol it's called capitalism - look it up some time.

Buying a record and owning it as private property to do with as I please doesn't go against capitalism

Maybe I could google it to see if it does but I think I'm in the right here

>a grimesfag calling ANYONE cancer
Now this is a sight to behold!

>grimesfag
>expecting to be taken seriously

>fag
>expecting no anal leakage

I'm really stoked you all remember me though, it confirms my existence.

In admitting that you proved my point for me

It's a joke retard.

I don't think it is