Greatest Metal Album of the Last Decade?

Quite simply, what is the greatest metal album of the last ten years and why is it The Satanist?

youtube.com/watch?v=Lk_U03AbF78

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=68VUrXL0uqs
metal-archives.com/reviews/Behemoth/The_Satanist/395440/bitterman/321549
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Satanist is probably the most accessible form of extreme metal there is

both shit
lel

That's not Smile

>not In Flames

No, there's been a lot of outstanding metal albums that dropped this decade, and The Satanist is really great but it's certainly not the best of them.

I SAW THE VIRGIN'S CUNT

What a dumb thing to say

Then what is?

Not at all. It's possibly the most accessible form of orthodox black metal, but considering how small the subgenre is, that doesn't mean much.

it's objectively extremely accessible, on the same level as Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir.

Not sure. And even if I were I'm not gonna spoonfeed you a new album to shitpost and ironically memespam to death in /metal/.

You should stop posting, everything you say is embarrassing

GO!

lifestyle magazine satanism-tier

>he thinks he knows more about metal than the average /metal/fag
lol

No. Several levels lower in terms of accessibility. Reinkaos-era Dissection, for example, is more accessible.

And since, these days, amospheric, ambient music is far more popular than in the past, a lot of atmospheric black metal is now more accessible than Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth.

Especially considering that CoF's latest album is a legit black metal album.

In Flames has been shit the last 10 years

did a Behemoth fanboy just called my opinion embarrassing?
well that's pretty ironic

>it's spoonfeeding to give my opinion when asked
Christ, then why waste our time?

thats a great record and i still listen to it on like a weekly basis (especially when lifting) but pic related is probably the best of the decade.

>behemoth
to be added

mysticism in general has been widely popularized in the past two decades. When you got rappers talking about ego death and tattooing sigils on themselves you know satanism isn't underground at all.

And accessible means bad? By your logic this is probably the greatest piece of music ever created:
youtube.com/watch?v=68VUrXL0uqs

This ones gud

I'm not a fanboy, I just think The Satanist is THE best if not top five best metal record of the last 10 years.

you don't believe anything you're writing anyway

spoken like a true nu-male

>Behemoth
>is nu male
I don't normally post on Sup Forums but holy shit, this must be why

it's extreme metal with blastbeats and harsh vocals. no matter how much of an elitist you want to be 95% of the population is going to say it's inaccessible. you should get out more

are you telling me that ego death is a satanic concept?

You speak for me?

fucking pink floyd is inaccessible according to most of the population
this argument isn't even an argument you brainlet

it's a memechart designed to piss off fantano drones. You'll notice that the majority of those albums have been reviewed by fantano

it's not, but a shitload of orthodox BM bands seem to think it is.

>he doesn't like the same music as me
>better call him a nu-male
>the hollow, meaningless insult is just ambiguous enough to work in this situation

you guys are so lazy and uncreative. if you want to call someone's taste in music at least have some legitimate criticisms. this shit is nearly as bad as "fedora" was like two years ago
>inb4 nu-male

>fucking pink floyd is inaccessible according to most of the population
this just isn't true though. dark side of the moon is one of the most popular albums of all time.

Behemoth are and always were a shitty band, now after jumping on the Nile bandwagon in the 00s they stepped on the orthodox bm trend.

Among people who were your age 30 years ago. Which is to say not that many people.

And that's bad?

Plenty of great bands are bandwagon-jumpers.

Abigor, for example. They jumped on the symphonic BM bandwagon, then on the melodic BM bandwagon, then on the industrial BM bandwagon and right now they're also riding the orthodox BM bandwagon.

And they aren't the best at any of these genres.

Are you gonna tell me that Abigor is shit?

Abigor doesn't even have half the fame of Behemoth and more importantly all of their trend-hoppings brought something new to the table, there isn't a single symphonic bm album that sounds like Nachthymnen, nor there's an industrial bm album that sounds like Fractal Possession, and even Luzyfer Leitmotif sound nothing like most orthodox bm.

And there's no orthodox BM album that sounds like The Satanist, since it involves a lot of catchy riffs, a death metal sound and symphonic arrangements.
Just like there's no blackened death album that sounds like Demigod or even The Apostasy.
Behemoth were more generic BEFORE they became popular. Grom sounds like many folk black albums, Sventevith sounds like many meloblack albums...

metal-archives.com/reviews/Behemoth/The_Satanist/395440/bitterman/321549
>Another vapid lifestyle pandering media product full of watered down later Morbid Angel/Krisiun riffs with mechanical chugging grooves and multi-tracked constipated grunt/shout vocals.
>full of watered down later Morbid Angel/Krisiun riffs
what did he mean by this? is here anyone that can confirm and prove this statement?

Sounds like a salty faggot

We get it, your tastes are "le superior" and you don't like the glib facsimile that is The Satanist.

While we're on the topic of originality, I'd like to point out that Dimmu Borgir's formula was pretty innovative when it was introduced.

Before Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, symphonic BM was mostly Emperor-worship and wasn't very catchy. It didn't have the hollywood blockbuster feel that Dimmu brought to the table.

My first extreme metal albums were Blackwater Park and Damage Done by Dark Tranquillity

Here's the actual reason why people hate Behemoth:

Nergal has an undercut.

They recently adopted some elements of the orthodox BM sound, but thematically they've been on that trve mystical satanism shit ever since Dissection was.