Just saw it

Just saw it.

What do y'all wanna know?

was it worth it?

In your honest opinion is it worth seeing?

Terrible fucking movie :/

Oh yeah.

Straight up war movie.

Brutal, but with decent comic relief. Plus a bunch of easter eggs that were cool but not gratuitous nor distracting.

Star wars: Rogue Nigger

is that official artwork?

Absolutely.

I had tickets for Friday, but I had to run a. errand in Prague where it opened today.

I looking forward to seeing it again Friday.

All Star Trek movies suck.

Follow up question: Was it better than the force awakens?

ANY INCEST!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

Fuck if I know, just something I grabbed.

did they make all the men incompetent like in TFA?

To be fair, I liked TFA, but this was entirely something else.

Think some WWII suicide mission movie, like "The Guns of the Navarrone" but with star wars shit.

Very rough and gritty feel.

Doesn't take much to top Mary Sue Awakens

Also just saw it not sure how i feel about it juwt quite yet. That being said it was good and enjoyable but not brilliant

Pretty much everyone was on the same level. Well, the fighting people. The only twats were some of the leaders (the most vocal being a woman).

>Sup Forums asks questions.

I don't know that I'd say "brilliant", but it was awesome.

this movie wasn't brutal as OP says. It was okay, nothing special. I feel somewhat let down and I went in with low expectations.

The only thing to enjoy is the scenery, new planets, and some original episode's cameos. That's it

Now for some spoilers:

(I'll be nice and give you one post lag)

>What do y'all wanna know?
Do you work in the movie theater? Isn't there some digital lockout that prevents the file from being played today?

This is going to become star trek. So many movies people are going to stop caring

The "tank ambush" scene and everyone dying isn't "brutal" to you in a Star Wars movie?

It opened in Prague today. I saw the 2000 showing at Cinema City in NovĂ˝ Smichov.

How violent is it compared to other star wars films?

The shit about Vader going all alien/predator/jason/horror is bullshit.

He just tore shit up through a bunch of guys in the same type of ship that Leia is on in the original.

Not *the* same, basically, they cover the dude trying to getbthe data card through a stuck door while Vader goes all cuisinart ontheir asses.

Not horror, but pretty hardcore.

I'd say the most.

It's basically a war movie.

Lots of attrition.

clone troopers?
good or evil?

>Straight up war movie.
lol no it isn't, it's a feel good family movie

Yeah, the bacta tank thing is true, Vader is in a tank...in a buildong that looks like barad durbat mt doom for some reason, when one of those weird bluish "priest" guys from Jedi give him a report about Krennic having arrived with a report.

It didn't seem like they were clones, but it wasn't directly addressed. They talked more like the ones in the Original, in fact that was o e of the easter eggs: about the T-15s being obsoleted (T-16s were the new ines the they talked about in the original).

As for good or evil, depends on whose side you're on.

Every main character not in the original dies.

So do the secondaries for that matter.

It ends probably an hour before the original (assuming how long it takes Vader to track down Leia's ship).

Darth Vader finally shows a bit of his true power.

Yeah, he went all Pai Mei on those revel dudes.

Oh, right, that "force lightning" rumor was bullshit. You whacking dudes into the ceiling, chopping them with a light sabre, smadhing people into walls, ripping their weapons out of their hands, deflecting shits, etc.

Does Vader make a fighter pilot appearance?

was it propaganda?

No.

He's not in it much at all. Just the bacta tank, "dressed" giving Krennic a hard time, and at the very end fucking up Rebels dudes trying to get the data card with the plans back.

No piloting, maybe 10 minutes screen time total.

Is Mary "Rey" Sue still Mary "rey" Sue ?

Hehe.

Only against apeasement.

That was really the only political angle: "Are you going go to be a pussy and let them kick our asses or are we gonna try to beat them?"

That what pretty much it for politics.

Movie theater employee here, when we get permission to play a new release, if we play it early or late we get in a fuckload of trouble.

Please give me spoilers

Find someone else to argue that bullshit with.

Luke deflected training blasts, heard dead Kennobi, and blew up the death star, and forced his lightsaber into his hand from 10 feet to kill a wampa with about 15 minutes of "training".

Two weeks in a swamp with Yoda and he's holding his own against Vader, then he magically beeds no more raining.

That "Mary Sue" horseshit is for betas who can't talk to girls.

No no no, this is Sup Forums, he wanted to know if there was a black person or a woman in it so he could scream about SJW's ruining Star Wars.

Yeah. Exactly. It took time for Luke with many failures. As opposed to Rey "do it on the spot" Sue. Didnt know jack shit about the force, uses it like a master jedi.

One of the poorest written characters in the series so far.

Vader throws a pun. Very LEGO

Triggered the feminist beta?

issit true that han solo dies?

Every main and secondary character not in the original dies.

Vader is only in three scenes, but kicks some ass at the end.

Tarkin, Krennic, Vader, and presumably, the Emperor are worried about public reaction, so they want to keep everytjing on the DL.

Forrest Whitaker and his dudes are so fucking hardcore against the Empire even the Alliance told them to fuck off.

I'm reservng judgement until we know what her backstory is.

That's about the only part I thought sucked.

And it sucked *hard*.

FOR THE REPUBLIC SUCKERS

Can someone explain how vader is back from the dead?

Luke is also one of the strongest Jedi ever.
1. He blocked some training blasts, was hit by others. Han is not impressed by this, so it's not an impressive task.

2. Heard dead Kenobi, but that is literally the force ghost of Kenobi talking to him. That's Obi's skill, not Luke.

3. Blew up the death star, yeah. Trusted the force.

4. Took him a long time and a lot of effort to get the lightsaber. Rey does the same thing in seconds with no training.

5. Trains with greatest Jedi leader of all time. Makes sense he gets good. Also he does OK against Vader, but Vader is supposed to lose by Emperor's will, is fighting his own son, and Luke is being pushed to unleash his dark side powers.

Rey does far more with far less.

Pretty sure that was "For Jedha!"

Man.. The guns of Navarone.. Memories.. I bet 50%< don't even know what that is. The movie I saw so many times during childhood..
Thanks for this user..

How could a deathstar be that close to the planet without either of their gravities destroying the other

Force awakens felt like it had written in a bunch of lazy fanfic self-insert characters. Are the characters in this one at least tolerable? Do they actually perform as if they belong in the universe they inhabit?

Because both are flat

Having read and seen it, I still have to say my favorite thing about it is Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction:

Well, I'm a mushroom cloud-laying motherfucker, motherfucker! Every time my fingers touch brain, I'm Superfly T.N.T.! I'm the The Guns of the Navarone!

Do the main rebels become the Knights of Ren?

given that star wars set up incest in the 80s it kind of makes sense.

Yeah.

There are lots of subtle nods, but it's not so heavy handed.

The tone is very different...in fact, it's like the writers memorized every Mr. Plinkett Star Wars review and took them to heart....right down to casting Forrest Whitaker.

How much SJW garbage?
Star Wars is dead to me, but I'm still curious.

No mention of them and barely a mention of the Jedi.

The blind monk dude is pretty much the only dude on about the force.

Nothing really.

Dudes, chicks, white guys, asians, Forrest Whitaker, maybe a Spaniard.

It felt more like WWII movies when different resistance fighters got together...like Casablanca.

Everyone is from somewhere else, but wants to kick the same ass.