Soup Sup Forums

soup Sup Forums

ask an unemployed, suicidal mathematician anything.

come on Sup Forumsoys

ive also been coming to Sup Forums since 2007, nearly 10 years. good lord someone kill me.

what you're saying doesn't add up.

what doesn't add up

what is the square root of pi?

and show how you got the results

just type sqrt(pi) into wolfram alpha and it will tell you.

why the fuck would i want to calculate that shit?

tell me the probability of you committing suicide before christmas

What's the best number, and why?

probably close to zero since im a gigantic pussy. i just drink a lot, smoke pot and live mostly sedentary. that will kill me before 40 i think.

0 because it's so easy to work with.

Do you think it's worth pondering the infinite in the Scape of finite time?

If you saw that the cognition of humans is driven by free will and not the neccesitation of the higher function of consciousness would you proceed to live or would you venture out of the repetition of habitation that society has opposed on our consciousness in a trickle down manner of what is considered "higher-being".

hence the reason youre unemployed

can u help me with my homework i dont know what 8 times 6 is

In mathematics working with zero don't you just fall in a hole and die? As it's a null operator in any logic system.

Why don't you change your favourite number, go outside and check the code.

of course it's worth pondering the infinite in the scope of finite time. just because our time is finite, doesn't mean we can't learn from "the infinite". besides, all of analysis relies on the concept of infinity and, hence, a lot of applied mathematics requires it.

i'm not sure what your second question is really getting at, but i think ultimately everything is meaningless and has no point.

>so easy to work with
But you lose an entire operator with it

do you really think mathematicians sit in their office calculating pi or sqrt(pi) to obscene decimal places? maybe very few, but it's ultimately, at least in my opinion, a pointless endeavour.

Why doesn't dividing by zero just produce zero?

I'm asking if youre contemplating returning to zero and youre working with a number less than 1 why are you worrying about significant figures they are reproducing references of accuracy.

"If you don't know the 2/3s you don't know the 1/2 of it."

What was your last job?

Post dick.

What is preventing you personally from acquiring gainful employment, and mathematicians at large (if applicable)?

Help me with math, how do I understand it. I am fascinated by it, but my mind just races and always fuck up and forget what I did last.

think of it in terms of multiplication.

6/3 = 2, right? 6 = 2*3. but what number times zero would give us 6? 6 =/= 0*anything

research and teaching assistant.

im not sure. i know how to code, i know how to turn real world problems into mathematical questions and solve them, as demonstrated by my applied math research, yet i can't even get an interview anywhere. i think a lot of HR people see math as mostly trivial.

i was kind of like that. im very messy with my work, but you just keep at it.

What does knowing how to code have to do with anything?

>as demonstrated by my applied math research

Are you a graduate with no professional exp. or have you been in work and become unemployed? Give us some fucking details of your situation user

try dividing by smaller and smaller numbers. eg, 1/.1 = 10, 1/.01 = 100, etc.

it approaches infinity but never hits it.

so
limx->0+ x/x = +infinity
limx->0- x/x = -infinity

it doesnt work out so you cant make it a value or you start working with infinity so we just say it dne.

I believe there is a collective consciousness that influences everyone a bit, and a second one even higher that echos the initial directive since the beginning of time and driving mechanisms such as evolution according to 3 fundamental types of reality

all of my experience is at a university.... no "professional" experience i guess, if you mean a private company or something.

do you think math intrinsically exists?

do you like Taylor Swift?

as a platonist, yes.

yeah she's pretty cool. have her newest album on my iphone and listen to some songs of hers ebvery now and then.

It's an operation to represent an infinite void in operation, a signifier of if everything in an instance of "infinity" which is expansion of probability of a significant value for any variation of a needed probability to cause a reaction, did not exist. Thus causing a null space. Probability of a significance over a void of the empty probability lends the reaction to sight a significance is existential consumptive of a null probability.

The rest is computer programming, a null value is always significant for a probability if the reactionary trait of the significance will not align with stimulus of an call operator if the alignment of the significance's probability for reaction with the operator is zero.

OK, so then you're a cunt for being suicidal; you have some coding, and an academic background in maths, so get into machine learning and you're stock will go through the roof. Problem?

Subliminal vs egotist functioning? Yea great go get Buddha.

Is maths worth studying at degeee? Is it like a level? Am doing further aswell as normal atm

It doesn't involve any religion, it's just the shit I made up because I don't think anyone else did it well enough so I made my own deriving from programming

Yea op advice get 200 to day trade stocks with its like playing clash of clans. Also learn c++ and MATLAB and go work for some r&d think tank for renewables we need help pls.

I am sick of you! Unemployment is for pussies

i already know machine learning....

not unless you really love it and want to become a professor, which is nearly impossible these days because there is so much competition. the top 10 schools in the US graduate around ~100-200 PhD mathematicians a year, so you're already fucked if you're not from a top 10 school.

i know matlab, but not c++. how do i get into day stocks

So you teach kids how to get jobs in the real world but you can't get a job in the real world.

Great Buddhism it religious in all aspects it's more existential mentality check it out it might help you, just reading.

Google it.

Etrade

nerd how does a fag expand
(2+3^0.5)(2-3^0.5)

Are you unemployed only because you look down on some jobs or just super fucking lazy?