THE CHILDHOOD OF A LEADER

>This chilling fable about the rise of fascism in the 20th Century tells the story of a young American boy living in France in 1918 whose father is working for the US government on the creation of the Treaty of Versailles. What he witnesses helps to mould his beliefs - and we witness the birth of a terrifying ego. Loosely inspired by the early childhood experiences of many of the great dictators of the 20th Century and infused with the same sense of dread as The Others and The Omen, The Childhood of a Leader is an ominous portrait of emerging evil.

Has anyone here been keeping up with this film? The Scott Walker soundtrack piqued my interest in it last year, but it seems to be running under most peoples' radars. The US release is July 22nd and there's a new trailer out to promote it:

youtube.com/watch?v=CEa9vg_OrSA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=drxpGP2r4UM
youtube.com/watch?v=t-qClcu8lHg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the fact that its written and directed by brady corbet makes me most hyped
he's always in good stuff

bump

holy shit looks good as fuck
also based Ser Davos

>Fascism
>In France
>After winning WW1

hurr

trailer soundtrack is based

are you implying there were no fascist movements in france during the interwar period?

one of the (short) tracks was released today as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=drxpGP2r4UM

is he the guy who did the music for Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy ? the trailer gives me the same feel especially because of the music

I don't think so. He did do the soundtrack for a French art film called Pola X but I think that's it otherwise. He was a big pop-star in the 60's but over the years started making strange experimental music. odd guy.

i'll have to check TTSS out though..

Yeah irrelevant ones nobody ever heard of.
Communism was much bigger in France during the interwar period, they even had to ban it.

If you think the birht of Fascism you think Italy and Germany, not american kid in France.

>me as a kid

apparently there's a twist and the child is supposed to be an actual historical figure
anyone knows who ?

This
Film looks okay, but fuck that music was so good
I want to see it purely for the soundtrack and because RPats (Cosmopolis is still one of my favourite films of all time)

so it's literally the Omen?

looks great. hope there's no bs child rape or something thrown in.

doesn't necessarily have to take place entirely in France. the kid could be somewhere other than France by the end of the film.

no idea though desu

probably some American nazi sympathizer like Mosley in England

Apparently in the end the kid dies and robert pattinson is revealed as the leader

bump

I read on the wikipedia page that pattinson is playign the kid when he is adult

>Brady Corbet works with Haneke
>who directed Das Weisse Band
>about the rise of fascism in 20th Century Germany

you don't need to be a detective to figure out where he got his inspiration from...

>evil
What's with these absurd value judgments? One could argue that our current political institutions are just as if not more totalitarian than Hitler's Germany. They didn't even have space satellites for their NSA to track our every move. The fact that my phone can actually predict how much traffic is in any certain highway still scares me.

Nazi Germany was actually to the benefit of the German people.

I don't think that's the case, they both appear in this clip

youtube.com/watch?v=t-qClcu8lHg

apparently he is the actual father of the kid so he plays the kid at adult age too

I'm fairly sure that the kid dies though

Strange seeing so many movies coming out with actors from game of thrones. Most of them are shit anyway best ones already had acting carrier.

Literal genocide tends to fall further on the evil scale than surveillance, no matter how pervasive

this guy is the only legit actor left in GOT though

>fascism bad
>nazism bad

>UK literally dominated the globe, subjugated entire nations and none of its leaders were ever villified
>Napoleon conquered Europe and literally could not stop for 5 seconds and not wage wars costing hundreds of thousands of lives and he's celebrated as a hero
>Mao is to this day celebrated as a father of a nation by literally a quarter of the Earth's population
>Lenin and Stalin are considered great leaders in Russia

I just don't get it.

I like him was not implying that he was bad. Just talking about younger actors that got roles from new movies.

The most obvious case of history being written by the winners

A lot of people from eastern europe actually like Hitler or at least Germany in WW2

>movie about some european specific subject
>have to inject an american into it

Its Yank made movie

looks based as fuck