Post great music producers

>inb4 you first

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rfj2SUnhYCk
youtube.com/watch?v=eTLTXDHrgtw
ew.com/article/2015/08/26/grimes-new-album/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you first

grimes reminds me of myself in a way. I could probably mix as well as her but i dont have the seemingly endless fucking energy and ambition she exudes. thats something u cant buy :(

Portrait of an American family is a 10/10

sophie shits on grimes its not even funny

>I could probably mix as well as her
Mixing is a different job, though. She mixes her music but the final mix is done by someone else.

B8. That shitty cheap PC music done by Sophie and his clique can't even compare to the sublime beauty of Grimes' music. It's not even debatable.

you wish honey
youtube.com/watch?v=Rfj2SUnhYCk

>I could probably mix as well as her
I am sure anyone on Sup Forums can mix as well as her. She is not a good producer lol. These "home-grown" bedroom producers are no good.

....panda bear? lol

panda bear works with sonic boom bb

So tacky! Dude, get some taste.

its a bop the last 30 seconds shit on every grimes song in existence
grimes can't bring bass like that sorry

If you like Joy Division, New Order, Peter Gaberial, The Smiths, the list goes on, but this guy had the strongest effect on how post-punk was made. He had a really interesting story too.

Steve Albini

vektroid bb :3

>grimes can't bring bass like that sorry
youtube.com/watch?v=eTLTXDHrgtw

Totally destroys that flimsy song.

this is actually more enjoyable than Grimes desu senpai. It is 100% better from a production standpoint.
>would not be surprised at all to see that part at ~1:30 in an AnCo song either btw
I doubt Charli produces her own music though.

So do people here think that grimes is objectively good.. or does she just get a cute, beat-fu pass?

that shit has no bass
get the fuck outta here
sophie produced that song

>that shit has no bass
Stop listening it to your cheap headphones/speakers. That Charli song you posted is laughably bad. It's not even catchy. She had much better songs on her previous albums.

I really hate how Grimes pretends to play instruments

broooo it is sooo goddamn TACKY

nice

im using Sony MDRV6 i like aa but don't kid yourself and say that beat isn't even danceable compared to that sophie song
the quality in bass is on another level.
there's a reason why rihanna is in the studio with sophie and not grimes

metro boomin want some more NIGGA

Lol look at rhianna tryin to make music

Grimes can do what you autists cant - create songs people want to listen to. Doesnt matter how technically good your stupid production is

sounds like someones projecting..

pardon my butthole but projecting WHAT exactly? the truth?

>pretend
She actualy plays them for real. U mad?

How can this be projecting?

Im afraid i cant make songs as good as her? Thats true as well

>there's a reason why rihanna is in the studio with sophie and not grimes
The reason is that she churns mainstream crap, so of course she needed a hip producer like Sophie to achieve her vision. Grimes is 2deep4her, that's why rejected that Go song.

ur right rhianna is the fucking normie queen

no vision at all

...get it?

She's making her music at home. Could you make better songs than her? At least 10% as good as her songs? Prove it or shut up.

>Grimes is 2deep4her, that's why rejected that Go song.
then explain why her own fans dislike go also?
not even the grimesfans here like to talk about "go" when they try to prove why grimes is so good.
song sucked face it

Rihanna has a vision though: world domination through tacky music. On the other hand, Grimes has other priorities:
>"To become the world's weirdest pop-star and be respected for having a strong, experimental body of work that represents something new in music and that is considered to be 'important' rather than 'popular'."

>The reason is that she churns mainstream crap,
you're aware of the fact that Grimes is desperately trying to break into the mainstream, right?

>you're aware of the fact that Grimes is desperately trying to break into the mainstream, right?
she failed breaking into the mainstream.

Grimes has a personality,

Rhianna however.........

>then explain why her own fans dislike go also?
Correction: some of her older fans. Even many of those that initially disliked the song started to like it.

Why it was disliked? Because it's different than her older stuff. Way poppier and dancier than anything from her first 3 albums.

yeah I know that.

Rihanna is like a money making machine. I don't get how any sane person could support this millionaire.

ask grimes

>herp derp not mainstream

>has 700 motherfucking thousand followers on instagram

>thread(s) dedicated to her every motherfucking day on Sup Forums

>a fucking subreddit with her as the subject

>magazine covers the world fucking over

She kinda failed but it wasn't her fault. The world wasn't ready for that and she didn't even have the huge budget necessary for such a huge feat.

But she achieved her initial goal
>"To become the world's weirdest pop-star and be respected for having a strong, experimental body of work that represents something new in music and that is considered to be 'important' rather than 'popular'."

and?

tame impala is more popular than her and they spend less time trying to be pretty and quirk for photoshoots or ranting on twitter.

Grimes is not that sane... ;)

>"To become the world's weirdest pop-star
she is not
>and be respected
she is not
>having a strong, experimental body of work that represents something new in music
(not true, by the way)
>considered to be 'important' rather than 'popular'."
she is not

She's still not mainstream, just indie famous. Lana Del Rey has 12x more followers on Facebook. As long Grimes will not have charting hit songs, she will not be mainstream. She needs HITS.

Prove it that what you said is true.

let me put it this way. she is at the level where if someone hasn't heard of her, the reaction is

"have you been living under a goddamn rock since fucking forever? how in the SHIT have you not heard of fucking grimes? "

anecdotal evidence doesn't count boy

this

>she is not
no
>she is not
no
>(not true, by the way)
wrong
>she is not
no

wow is it really that easy?!

your original statement:
But she achieved her initial goal
as seen here I disagree with you, and I am supposed to explain why? Why don't you explain to me why you think that claim is true in the first place?
>grimes is not experimental
>grimes' music is not considered "important"
>grimes has not influenced any relevant artists

>literally what is the biggest part of her discography that was made before Visions

she's one of the most acclaimed indie musicians of this decade

>literally what is death grips

>>literally what is the biggest part of her discography that was made before Visions
releasing garageband presets

>you cant make experimental music with garageband

Come on, most people irl have no idea about her. They probably heard of Beyonce, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, but not her. She's kinda like Laurie Anderson (except that Laurie had a big hit). Even Bjork is far more popular.

She's half pop, half experimental. Like Bjork and Kate Bush.
Ha ha ha ha! It's considered important by anyone relevant in music.
It's too soon to measure the influence. That happens in a matter of many years. Anyway, The Avalanches, Gorillaz, plus countless bedroom producers were influenced by her so far.

Art amgels is so amazing

>releasing garageband presets
That's like saying releasing music with guitars and drums. Or making programs using the standard library. So what if they were presets as long the final product was great?

i guess every kid on bandcamp is experimental also
thats fine but don't call it experimental

>then explain why her own fans dislike go also?
Huge Grimes fan butting in - Go is awesome. Anyone who dropped her because of it is a pathetic NEET.

see
Assuming you call that "breaking into the mainstream" she's clearly well past the point of initial success.

>her music is not experimental just because she used certain DAW

there are also lots of kids on bandcamp who use ableton, which means that everyone who uses ableton is not experimental amirte

>refer to your own post
okay?

Lol be honest - you're just saying all that for the (you)s.

>She needs HITS.
Why?

no its because she used garageband presets.
if they used ableton presets and you called it experimental i would shit on them also
shes makes synthpop. but anyway no point in arguing abt grimes labels when she herself doesn't label herself experimental

>translation: why should she have to make good songs?
what a thought provoking statement user

>>grimes has not influenced any relevant artists
Lol who are Lorde, Elton John, David Albarn and David Byrne again?

Brian Paulson

>Come on, most people irl have no idea about her.
user, most regular people don't know what a Bjork is. What's your point?

>she herself doesn't label herself experimental
ew.com/article/2015/08/26/grimes-new-album/
>I think I’m stuck between an experimental scene and a pop scene.

good songs =/= hits
because
critical acclaim =/= commercial success

>thats fine but don't call it experimental
Why not? You could make experimental music with standard elements. It's the way those elements are mixed that makes it experimental. And even this word is very blurry. For some people experimental means some unlistenable bullshit, for others some unusual melodies or arrangements.