/blackmetal/

Saturday Night Black Metal Thread

How's your Saturday? Listening to black metal all alone again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eJgi6fZkrjI
youtube.com/watch?v=Nb6JiKL3d1s
youtube.com/watch?v=IFLj1WFJmMA
youtube.com/watch?v=CFC9TXzd8Zc
youtube.com/watch?v=lZSGpmun9uI
youtube.com/watch?v=FqWwst8D9d8
youtube.com/watch?v=8TE6WWacPlY
youtube.com/watch?v=e-ZVkESecXk
youtube.com/watch?v=JiFeDwKKSCo
youtube.com/watch?v=Wyd7aPVzi2c
youtube.com/watch?v=XVcjf_p5pDY
youtube.com/watch?v=SC6DvbEVHcI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

With some weed of course youtube.com/watch?v=eJgi6fZkrjI

Sounds very nice. That's my favorite Drudkh album.

But for some reason I can only listen to black metal when I'm sober. It's all very unappealing to me when I'm high and I'd always rather listen to IDM. But when I'm sober the only music I listen to is Black Metal. I don't know why, but maybe just because I'm happier on drugs and want to listen to music that evokes that mood.

Thats funny. I always thought black Metal made an exceptional ammount of room for stoner music in a dadrock way.

Any Black Metal bands like Burzum ?

I think the two are a great combo, bud and bm. I feel like the atmosphere in the music is really greatly enhanced. I'm a bit high listening to pic related while the gf and her sister are playing vidya next to me. p chill 2bh

Does Apocalyptic Raids by Hellhammer count as Black Metal or is it more thrash?

there are a lot...check out Hoffnungstod by wigrid

none
not a single one

theres a lot of Black/Thrash/Death crossover though. Look at Destroyer 666,early Sepultura,Bathory,Aura Noir,Absu,or Sabbat

While none of these are as good as Burzum, they are some of the best Burzum-worship that I've heard.

Wigrid - Die Asche Eines Lebens
Paysage d'Hiver - Kristall & Isa
Draugurz - A Yell From the Past
Evilfeast - Funeral Sorcery

It's more like a thrashy proto-black but I'll count it since it's good shit. I kinda lump it in with nifelheim and sarcofago to some extent in that its black and thrashy

oh whoops I just realized I forgot the pic

Berzum is overrated as fuck desu

I can understand people not liking Burzum. There is lots of good black metal out there, and tons of different styles. Still, I've listened to hundreds of black metal albums and none have compared to Hvis Lyset Tar Oss or Filosofem.

Burzum is both overrated and kind of a meme but also actually really good and important. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Merzbow, for instance, is a good meme but he's also a really influential and interesting artist

I feel like people just like namedropping him because its edgy. I don't think he earned it. I think Emperor and Mayhem and some of those other bands would have been big regardless of the nazi shit or euronymouses stalinism or any of that. Berzum was just the poster boy for marketable controvercy. I'll admit bands like Peste Noire and Graveland may have been bigger even without there nazism or that people would still give a fuck about Mayhem if they hadn't been fucking mental. Varg didn't do anything Bathory hadn't already done. Varg is just a edgy celebutaunt. The new L.I.E. album or maybe old chief keef of the music industry of the early 90s. People don't give a fuck about L.I.E. the love and terror cult just the fact charles manson made it. People don't care about Cheef Keef they care that he kills people and is a gang member. Without that shock value those would be nobodies. Artists like this scare parents in the suburbs. If young Timmy listens to Cheef Keef or Berzum or Narco Corridos or whatever the fuck it scares mommy into thinking he's going to shoot up the school which makes timmy happy. Berzum pales in comparison to Mayhem and Bathory and Venom and Enslaved and Darkthrone etc.

this is about 80% incorrect. Those folks who are just getting into black metal sometimes like Varg for the edge factor. But dude it's like you're not even hearing the music...Burzum basically created the bedrrom bm aesthetic. He had a new kind of rawness and atmospheric quality that was truly unique. Burzum may have many meme qualities but you can't ignore that there are a thousand bands out there are still trying to sound like him

The minimalism was being done by Von and Bathory amoung others before him and a lot of bands Berzum gets credited with inspiring seem like they were really inspired by Ulver or Immortal. The only good Berzum inspired bands I can think of are graveland and Drudkh,

mayhem was pretty shit t b h, only good thing they really made was deathcrush.

Varg also brought Nazi Boneheads into the scene and inspired a couple 100,000,000 hippster as fuck shitty post rock pretentious bands. Varg is why reddit loves Black Metal.

The minimalism is a basic tenet of black metal, yes, but I mean recording everything on a headset mic takes things to a different level. I feel like he kind of opened the door for a lot of solo acts to just do their thing.

I mean I don't like any of that stuff either necessarily but isn't it a pretty profound impact?

>Reply to Thread No.71528929
I thought none of there albums captured the magic of the first but that they were all pretty fucking good desu. Berzums discog completely turns to shit after Filosofem. Mayhem may not have as many good albums but quantity does not equal quality or impact.

>can't into dungeon synth

Yeah but it's also a fucking awful one that no one would be really celebrating otherwise. By that logic we should all be listening to Dimmu Borgir.

Dungeon synth is fucking goofy boring nerd shit that sounds completely cartoonish and outdated tho.

Varg isn't a nazi.

I kinda like early dimmu...

early dimmu is good don't listen to elitist idiots

that's the whole point though

I've been listening to bm for like 6 years so I'm not really concerned about if other people question my tastes. I think with bm, as with all music, there's a lot of diversity and a lot of stuff to dislike. I've come to appreciate all sorts of black metal for all sorts of reasons so I mean I don't mind if people disagree with me. It doesn't decrease my enjoyment. I think if you take it, or anything, too seriously it'll really get in the way of your enjoyment

Early Dimmu is better then great early Dimmu is fucking amazing. Same goes for Berzum though. The shit lost all of its steam.

I don't really mind either I'm just sort of an agresive personality

>for like 6 years

I'm only 22 so I mean I guess that number of years will be more impressive as time goes by...also I guess it's more like 7 years by now

yeah the thing with dimmu borgir is they started to go the way of more symphonic metal type stuff in their later releases which while is nice to listen to loses the "rawness" that most bm fans expect of the genre

NAME 1 GOOD BLACK METAL ALBUM

well it happens. I tend not to like when bands veer too far away from tradition since a lot of the time they just seem to get worse. Like Behemoth, whose early stuff is great old school bm but who now makes fairly standard death metal

evanescence - fallen

horn - jahreszeiten

Liturgy lol

oh shit thats actually good and black metal

memes aside I enjoy Liturgy here and there

Sup Forums: where it comes as a surprise when people actually answer your question properly

I hate the production on this album
the drums sound like someone hitting a plastic bucket

Have some essential black metal listening.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nb6JiKL3d1s

youtube.com/watch?v=IFLj1WFJmMA

youtube.com/watch?v=CFC9TXzd8Zc

>But for some reason I can only listen to black metal when I'm sober. It's all very unappealing to me when I'm high and I'd always rather listen to IDM
I'm the opposite, I'll listen almost exclusively to black metal or other similar shit when I'm high while I'll listen to a much greater variety of stuff sober. Black metal is great for me when I'm high because of its relative simplicity and atmosphere, anything more complex just gets confusing

that is literally why it's good
>I like black metal but I hate goofy outdated nerd shit
UNTRVE

I prefer Blood.Fire.Death. and the venom discography but ok

I mean Dungeon Synth doesn't have as much meat to it or much cool about it really. Just to be clear I love the fuck out of Summoning.

Enslaved is better then Emperor

to each their own
bm is indeed nice and simple. I think simplicity kind of creates atmosphere in a way

maybe a more solid overall discog, yeah, but emperor released god tier shit

I always felt venom was a bit too campy, and blood fire death while I enjoy it I'm not really a fan of the viking metal stuff.
anyway I was just sharing a few albums, not all of the important bm releases.

I mean Satirycon sold out so its not cool to say they were good but they were fucking good during most of the 90s.

there's no such thing as too campy in bm

Because Satan is a super serious thing you guyz

>I think simplicity kind of creates atmosphere in a way
Yeah, that's one of my favorite things about the genre. A lot of it is very hypnotic and draws you in with repetition

Of course the problem is that this leads to a million shitty unoriginal bedroom acts popping up poorly attempting to copy Burzum

Berzum was shitty bedroom bathory though

I don't think burzum sounds much like bathory, neither does mayhem

Neat ass thread. Pic related is a solid demo record from a AZ band

name?

you shouldn't

Has anyone listened to this new Striborg album yet? I'll probably give it a spin tonight, though I'm not expecting much since This Suffocating Existence wasn't very good.

what's the most depressing black metal you guys know? I'd have to say Gris

Dude just image search

no but I fucking should
There any Absu fans on here?

I've been into black metal for about a year know and i've been trying to delve into more obscure bands. My favorites have been darkthrone, bathory, burzum, coldworld, drudkh, falls of rauros, mayhem,
leviathian, ulver, and wolves in the throne room. Can I get recs based off that.

dark funeral?
youtube.com/watch?v=lZSGpmun9uI

I've heard of them but never really gave them a shot. But, this is pretty good.

Peste Noire
Alcest
Agalloch
Negura Bunget
Vallendusk
Peste Noire
Iskra
Impaled Nazerine
Falkenbach
Wyrd
Sale Freux
Autarcie
Inquisition

if you want older shit their 1996 album "the secrets of the black arts" is good

youtube.com/watch?v=FqWwst8D9d8
this song is my go to when I get high

Shit thanks, this is why these threads are so much better then /metal/

/Metal/ tends to attract generic fuckboys with small penis complexes as opposed to cool people.

anyone else agree this is their best?

I prefer Diabolical fullmoon mysticism

what the fuck are you talking about? name a bathory song that sounds like my journey to the stars, or ea lord of the deeps.

>Gris
>Xasthur
>Wedard
>Austere
>Alcest (not strictly black metal)
>Fanisk
>Taake
>Inquisition
>Silencer
>Shining (especially IV and V)
>Strid
>Walknut
>Nyktalgia

I tried to list mostly atmospheric type stuff since from your list it seems like you're more into that but there's some more aggressive stuff in there as well

That's probably my second fav, the production is a little off putting for me.

Here's something different you might enjoy

youtube.com/watch?v=8TE6WWacPlY

Thx

Battles in the North is better.

Some Xasthur albums are so bleak, they destroy me.

someone recommend me the rawest, noisiest, most abrasive shit out there that still maintains some semblance of being black metal

>Peste Noire twice cause they're just that great

Holy shit I've never seen ...And End mentioned outside the times I searched for it myself. Perfect.

youtube.com/watch?v=e-ZVkESecXk

>venom discography b

My favorite black metal album

>killed himself less than two months after releasing it
damn

AAAAnd end.
>i got it
heh

youtube.com/watch?v=JiFeDwKKSCo

Satanic Abortion. Same drummer as
youtube.com/watch?v=Wyd7aPVzi2c

youtube.com/watch?v=XVcjf_p5pDY

Add a little dose of punk and you get Sludge.
or blackened sludge in that case

If you smoke weed like a useless addict just FUCK OFF

Black metal isn't for you

youtube.com/watch?v=SC6DvbEVHcI