youtu.be/b0SPda0PgNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BOW TO ME FAITHFULLY
BOW TO ME SPLENDIDLY

I played this album like 10 times this week

Check these doods out if you like ultra heavy shit

soundcloud.com/invictusproductions/ensnared-apostles-of-dismay

I jam to this shit almost everyday

>tfw tried to make a death metal general multiple times and never got a single post once

youtube.com/watch?v=CjO1FMO-0bI&t=9s

have some good modern shit
Will check out, thanks.

Masterpiece of an album
This shit is pretty dope

>have some good modern shit
Check out pic related for some good modern shit. My 2015 AOTY overall honestly

>Will check out, thanks.
Definitely do m8

*2016 AOTY

Well it's a near perfect record m8. Elements isn't near as good imo but for the little time they had to record it, you can't really complain with outcome

Fucking mint. Noice thread m8s. Wish I had the chance to catch Bolt Thrower live

I'm really new to death metal, where do I go from here? I've also listened to Symbolic but I didn't like it quite as much

Try Scream Bloody Gore by them instead. Maybe you like your shit more primitive.

I mean, I think part of why I didn't like Symbolic as much is that it's a bit proggier and more produced so that makes sense to me

>Try Death's earlier albums (Scream Bloody Gore, Leprosy, and?or Spiritual Healing).
>Obituary
>Carcass
>Maybe Morbid Angel

This

Any recommendations on where to start with Obituary and Carcass?

Obituary
>Slowly We Rot
>Cause of Death
Carcass
>Heartwork
>Black Star

I meant Swansong, not Black Star. My bad.

Thanks dude, got that shit saved on Spotify now. By Black Star did you mean Swansong?

Oh, nevermind haha

sam you play it more than 10x a week don't lie now.

Hope you enjoy that stuff

elements is half filler not even close to the same lvl.

If you want "pure" death metal (not technical or prog or br00tal) try immolation - dawn of possession

I'm listening to Scream Bloody Gore now and digging the hell out of this opening track so far

With death metal you always want to start in the beginning. Obituary and Carcass are similar in how their second albums. Slowly We Rot by Obituary is still an extremely good listen and if you like Cause Of Death there's no reason why you wouldn't like it. Reek Of Putrefaction by Carcass is a bit different, if you love extremely raw and dirty death metal then you'll like it, if not then that's another story, power chords and sloppy soloing galore.
Here's some samples for you just cause
youtube.com/watch?v=xRvJwVZwHRo
youtube.com/watch?v=NQgCZasm6mU
youtube.com/watch?v=7k_FZrjIFJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=lyVb_-V_rEw

This is a thrash metal album.
This is a heavy metal album.

Hell yeah. Infernal Death is a killer fucking track. Great opener to what is to come on the rest of the album. Other personal favorites of mine off the album are Zombie Ritual, Denial of Life, Evil Dead, and Scream Bloody Gore

i agree with samuel

Please tell me Evil Dead is about the Sam Raimi film

wat I implies

Yup

Fucking sick. Also Mutilation is dope, holy shit.

Pic related and new Immolation are great

neat
Definitely. Can't wait to see em with Obituary, Kreator, and FOOOKIN MIDNIGHT

typical newbie to dm. get hyped about every song and have a new fave band every week.

hate to break it to u but youll realize a lot of the bands u come to like are shitty clones or straight up generic. or maybe im wrong and youll continue to fanboy every release.

death is top tier. they dont have a bad album.

Thoughts on this album?

fuck off m8

has 20 minutes of filler. also the female vocal section is laughable.

Not death metal

Best death metal band

What the fuck are you talking about? Where are you even getting half of that from? The only death metal band I've listened to so far is Death anyway

This
*For Victory...

ignore him. his autism kicked in and had to fulfill his bullshit posting tendencies

The female vocals are fine
What

nah

nah. another kid who overrates this band. this is like death metal for babys. all their songs sound the same. for victory is their best, you dont need anything else. also the album you linked has some blatant riff plagiarism.

Fuck off Bolt Thrower write GOAT riffs

im getting 'that' from getting people into metal and seeing how their musical journey progresses.

death is at the top and it drops hard after that. there are other classic albums, but no classic discography like death.

nope you are just a partial deaf delusional fanboy. overrated dm band big time.

>BT
>Overrated
Lmao what post a better band

sure. Suffocation. their first album is a pioneering one in the genre. their 3rd is a crowning achievement, one of the best sounding too. sadly, they went on auto-pilot just bolt thrower after their original guitarist left.

Suffocation is actually pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=fTFS3U1eU3s

>Suffocation
Now that is a really Overrated band
They also inspired lots of awful brutal death metal bands

Can't judge a band by their shitty clones. If anything it's just a testament to how influential they were. I dunno if Suffocation are 'better' than BT but both made some damn good albums early in their careers.

what the fuck am I reading

fuck that post made me lose some brain cells

did you read my post? They are pioneers. Bolt Thrower are not pioneers on the genre. All Bolt Thrower did was remove the blast beats and turn it down by their 4th album.

Suffocation 1st and 3rd are classics period. Their ep is also very good. After that, they are a shadow of their former self. on auto pilot, no good riffs, generic.

their 2nd album would be a classic if it was 3 songs shorter and had the production of the 3rd. what a shame label fucked em.

brutal death is good tho

youtube.com/watch?v=X1X0Bejwnko

Blackened Death is still death right?

PHALLUS DEI

Still death, yes
That doesn't change the fact that Behemoth is bad though
Try this instead my dude
youtube.com/watch?v=y-7r8H4jenE

youtube.com/watch?v=q3JeaBoBU-c

wrong

>death is at the top and it drops hard after that. there are other classic albums, but no classic discography like death.

King Diamond

youtube.com/watch?v=Gbf3DI7wtYg

Are...are you being serious right now? Your shitty Cthulhu metal is not better than Behemoth, what in the fuck. That shit was awful.

Worst taste I've seen in a metal thread and that's saying A LOT

They aren't old enough to be classic but Be'lakor doesn't have a bad album

I would also say that AA is consistently good and has no bad albums. Deceiver is probably my least favorite and it's still pretty decent.

stupid term.

bad place for noobs to start.

low tier.

classic, only classic in their discog.

"wrong" good one. stick to pop kid dont waste my time.

not dm troll.

sam's fave album of late 2016 early 2017.

t. pretentious faggot

nah i just know good from bad.

>likes behemouth rather than Sulphur Aeon
not even the op, it's you that has shit taste my friend

topkek

Sulphur Aeon and Behemoth are both very good you faggots

maybe you could rate some REAL music?

youtube.com/watch?v=XmSdTa9kaiQ

youtube.com/watch?v=KuBAWEVz6Pw

ill take that over bolt thrower.

Sam's fave album atm!

youtube.com/watch?v=q4g6cwlTIhM

garbage taste, user
you should feel ashamed

No love for necrophagist? Way more technical and brutal than death. IMO Muhammed is the most important figure in death metal.

youtube.com/watch?v=2DgPGkk4HNA

>Behemoth is better than Sulphur Aeon
So how does it feel to not have ears my dude?

Boring

You gotta have some classics on here

youtube.com/watch?v=1sFT_kt-04M

>Death metal thread
>Posts Thrash
Nice Bait I suppose, though I think most people would presume that anyone posting this would be too retarded not to be bait so take that as you will

fuck off autismo

SATAN SPAWN THE CACO DEMOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!

Best Nile album

youtube.com/watch?v=pLTwEUAKY2Y

people who don't have a link to a previous thread in oppost should be dealt with

Sterile pap

youtu.be/b0SPda0PgNQ

This album is a fuckingbeast. The songwriting is superb, the playing is both heavy as fuck and seriously technical but never wanky. I have ever heard another album that successfully blended these two aspects so well.

>Muhammed is the most important figure in death metal.
then Jesus is the most important figure in black metal?

Didn't care for this on first listen but I've come around and started to love it. Tried their earlier stuff but didn't care for the pig squeal vocals.

Something similar? Something a bit different?