Instruments

Fav instrument? Mine is definitely the bassoon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6EU0ISo996A
youtu.be/p-u6BGAvmFY?t=377
youtu.be/ZaO9FBtDzyk?t=87
youtu.be/YKsQOpTTd7w?t=36
youtube.com/watch?v=PmlW_cdG88s
youtube.com/watch?v=0Lor0-CB1ag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bassoons remind me of ducks :)

Either accordion or trombone or violin. I really can't pick one over the other.

contrabass clarinet, i wish i could afford one and learn to play it

Sousa MR

birotron

hammered dulcimer

PPG Wave

To listen to or play? To listen to it's probably the accordion.

Either one!

The contrabass has some amazing low notes, but I've always found that the sound quality gets pretty bad once you go below a normal bass clarinet. Perhaps I've never listened to a good contrabass though.

Pipe organ. No other instrument in the history of the human race can hold a candle to the level of craftsmanship and knowledge that goes into making a pipe organ possible.

Pianos go beyond a Pipe organ. they have dynamic control over each string. you can't play an organ "soft" or "hard", you're stuck with whatever registers you got. the amount of knowledge for making the action is way more than a pipe organ too. people hype it up due to physical size, but a piano is still the most complex, yet elegant instrument due to polyphony and dynamic control of volume and timbre.

looks more complicated than an airliner cockpit.

well, I'd say that a pipe organ in an old church is quite the instrument. You need the right acoustics

synth

Nevermind my meme answer. This is it. Accordion second. Electric guitar third.

Eb Baritone Saxophone. The best instrument ever imo with one of the richest sounds you can get out of a wind instrument. That or the Bb Bass Clarinet, which is what I play professionally.

at least specify one like

pic related

Ondes Martenot for years now
youtube.com/watch?v=6EU0ISo996A

2nd would be harp

check out Espaces sonores No.1

Modular synths.

english horn
youtu.be/p-u6BGAvmFY?t=377
youtu.be/ZaO9FBtDzyk?t=87
youtu.be/YKsQOpTTd7w?t=36

cello

I disagree. I'm a pianist myself and I love pianos, they're astounding instruments, and probably second to the organ in that regard. The mechanism of the action alone in a grand piano is remarkably sophisticated, without even getting into the process of making the body or crafting the soundboard, etc. I do think that the piano is, in a sense, the king of all instruments, perfect for composition and easily one of the hardest to master, if not the hardest.

But the pipe organ has it beaten in terms of craftsmanship and sophistication. Pipe organs can be massive instruments with insane ranges consisting of hundreds or thousands of individual pipes--all of which have to be meticulously crafted and positioned and connected. The manual alone is very complex, considering all the keys and levels and switches and foot pedals, etc. But when you consider the instrument as a whole, and how it's as much a work of architecture as it is a work of instrumental artisanship, nothing can hold a candle to it.

What type of gigs do you get?

Bass Trombone both to play and listen to

roland tr-808 drum kit

I agree, anyway the accordion is an incredible complex instrument as well.
Ever looked inside an italian or german made one?
they are truly high precision machineries

strings

The banjo

For me it's the pipe organ/
Would like it if some one had Olivier Latry Improvisations in better quality
youtube.com/watch?v=PmlW_cdG88s

Violin, Banjo, Piano

I would love some recs for them

sheng

youtube.com/watch?v=0Lor0-CB1ag
by far the best banjo playing i've found

3 mins in and it's awesome so far. i needed this right now. thanks user. buying it to support this dude.

Hurdy Gurdy

so OP enjoys fagotts, why am I not surprised

Fun story
The first instrument I learned to play was the bassoon. In spanish, It's called "Fagot". My teacher was gay. AYY LMAO

Please stop with this homophobia.

play it again! bassoonists are rare!