Hi guys, Mark Watney "Space Pirate" here. xDD My hobbies are planting potatoes and browsing reddit.com...

Hi guys, Mark Watney "Space Pirate" here. xDD My hobbies are planting potatoes and browsing reddit.com, and I'm here to find people who share my passion! :D

I'm gonna science the shit out of this! x) Just f-word my s--t up family! :) just JUST MEMES AHAHA XD

Anyways, what's some good movies?

How does Chastain's poo taste? Be as specific as possible.

Good God that is accurate as fuck. I watched this movie finally and that's all I could think of.

FITE CLOB

boy i sure do love fake science

The science is real though. Scientists even used the CGI in the movie to study black holes.

JESUS

this is what science has become

CHRIST

CUT MY DICK OFF AND CALL ME COURTNEY, THAT'S JASON BOURNE

Got nothing on Moon Watney

>You know what? "Kilowatt-hour per sol" is a pain in the ass to say. I'm gonna invent a new scientific unit name. One kilowatt-hour per sol is... it can be anything... um... I suck at this... I'll call it a "pirate-ninja"

XD

It was bearable though, even charming at times.

The worst part of the movie by far was the 'sloppy young genius' character played by Donald Glover and the fact that the heads of NASA hadn't even considered a slingshot maneuver.

WOOZLE WOZZLE LOL just me being wacky again. Seriously guyz, I just gotta explain a basic slingshot maneuver to the Director of NASA before I get back to the set of the new Michael Bay Transformers movie LOL *falls over*

le wacky super intelligent young 20-something black hipster who owns a macbook and works at nasa guy

>yfw this thread is literally better than Ridley Scott's The Martian

It really isn't though. I'd give the movie a weak 7/10 but this thread doesn't really have people pinpointing major flaws in the film. It was definitely reddi-tier humor though.

Brutal but true.

This is a valid complaint. The complaints about Watney are not. Astronauts are chosen often for their Independence and ability to stay calm under pressure. Lots of people use humor to deal with stress and that comes though with Watney being kind of weird the whole time.

read the book you fuck

cant even fucking act so he has to do an impression of a character(Abed) his friend did

>I sure did enjoy my role in Interstellar.
>If only the whole movie was about me.

But the humor was literally redd-tier. The same kind of cringeworthy circlejerking shit you can find on that site.

Define what "reddit-tier" humor is. I have never been on their site. Can you provide some details? Is it the format of the jokes? I'd really like to know more because I here this complaint all the time and it means literally nothing to me.

CHRIST

DIVORCE ME FROM MY WIFE AND LOOSE ALL MY MONEY THROUGH ALIMONY, THAT'S JASON BOURNE

why don't you study this blackhole, faggot

If you come here and ask people to define reddit-tier your contribution is reddit-tier

CHRIST

C.UCK THAT WHITEY AND BREED HIS BITCH, THAT'S JASON BOURNE

So "reddit-tier" means "anything I don't like".

Thank you for clarifying.

Interstellar was better

pretty much

I'm flying like iron man guys

Don't you kids love the iron man?

I'm pretty sure that's exactly the comparison most 20-30 year old males would think of when coming up with the plan.

I usually get pissed off at "muh book" people, but with this movie I was just pissed.

They took a good book that took the little science it relied on somewhat seriously and turned it into the "yeah bitch science" memeage that is destroying everybody's facebook walls.

The movie is less reddit than the book is, particularly with the humor. Nice try though.

All his jokes consists of memes. That's reddit humor.

Really? What memes did he use in the movie?

"I'm gonna have to science the fuck out of this" wasn't even a line in the book.

Get back to Sup Forumseddit, you cuck beta nu-male.

Well it was.

I accept your apology.

meme-like reddit-like humor you cuck

>Mark Watney, space pirate
>I'm going to be Ironman

you fucking autist

So we've now moved from "memes" to "meme-like". So if it's not a meme what makes it "meme-like".

t. autist

It just wasn't anywhere in the book, I read it again last week

>The Martian
>good book

lemao.
>''My favourite books are The Martian, A song of ice and fire and eragon

The dialogue is so unrealistic. He didn't even stutter or become too shy to speak even once.

>He didn't even stutter or become too shy to speak even once.

It's a good easy read and annoying Watney aside the science parts of it are kind of interesting since it's supposedly all pretty realistic.

Literal direct quotes from the book:

>Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped.

>Also, I have duct tape. Ordinary duct tape, like you buy at a hardware store. Turns out even NASA can’t improve on duct tape.

>How come Aquaman can control whales? They’re mammals! Makes no sense.

>I can't wait till I have grandchildren. When I was younger, I had to walk to the rim of a crater. Uphill! In an EVA suit! On Mars, ya little shit! Ya hear me? Mars!

>Maybe I’ll post a consumer review. “Brought product to surface of Mars. It stopped working. 0/10.

>A space pirate!

>Look! A pair of boobs! -> (.Y.)

>That’s what she said.

>Live Another Sol would be an awesome name for a James Bond movie.

>You know what? "Kilowatt-hour per sol" is a pain in the ass to say. I'm gonna invent a new scientific unit name. One kilowatt-hour per sol is... it can be anything... um... I suck at this... I'll call it a "pirate-ninja

>Fear my botany power

LOL guys, I'm the best botanist on the planet!

And?

holy fuck that is so redd-it it's not even funny

i'm cringing

Can someone make some complaints about the movie that don't use the word reddit?

some of those are pretty cringey but for most of those you might just need 4 magic little words.

lighten the fuck up

I can stand infantile and reddit tier humor because I don't feel compelled to think it's below me.

>I can stand infantile and reddit tier humor because I don't feel compelled to think it's below me.

That's because it's not.

He's an admitted nerd who's stuck alone for a year and a half. I don't know why people think it would be so weird for him to wonder about Aquaman or make other stupid jokes. Anything to keep your mind occupied and off your current terrible situation.

it should have had Sup Forums humor.

>I'm gonna have meme magic to science the cuck out of this.

>A space Jew!

>look at this shit you autistic nigger jew!

t. butthurt redditor

Ok, now I get what Reddit humor is.