Easily the best Ween album

Their most cohesive and mature record to date. I love it.

God-tier songs: Tried & True, Zoloft, Transdermal Celebration, Among His Tribe, Happy Colored Marbles, The Fucked Jam, Alcan Road

Yep.

I love The Mollusk and Chocolate and Cheese too but this is ahead of both. I'd rank 'em:

Quebec > Mollusk > Chocolate and Cheese > White Pepper > Pure Guava > The Pod > GodWeenSatan > 12GCC > La Cucaracha

bump

I disagree.

>liking meme bands

the pod is their best album though

after all it is the best province

ween fucking suck

>The Pod and GWS that low

Sorry, but I can't really take "mature" ween that seriously, maybe it'll grow on me but I can only really digest their earlier work

Mature, yes. Cohesive, no.

The Mollusk is objectively their most cohesive. Hell, even The Pod is more cohesive than Quebec. Even 12 GCG is more cohesive.

Yeah, The Pod is that album that comes once in the lifetime of a band, when they are just firing perfectly on all creative cylinders.

Quebec is extremely underrated, though.

I'd have to go with:

The Pod > Pure Guava > Quebec > The Mollusk > Chocolate and Cheese > GodWeenSatan > White Pepper > 12GCC > La Cucaracha

If we count Z-Rock Hawaii as a Ween album I'd put it somewhere between the Mollusk and Chocolate and Cheese.

Quebec is overrated. Half the people on here rank it as their top album.

At least we can all agree that La Cucaracha is their worst showing. You can really tell it was made during the height of the problems that led to their breakup.

I saw them last summer and they seem to be working well. While I'm interested in seeing what new stuff they can do, I'm extremely skeptical now that Gene is sober.

Really?

Most Ween fans I talk to have it barely above White Pepper and 12GCC. Glad to see it's finally getting some love.

shinola is the most underrated. transitions might be their best song.

It's Gonna Be A Long Night where?
La Cucaracha was disappointing but at least we got Object out of it

They probably aren't going to write songs anymore. I'd be surprised to see a new real ween album. It'll probably just be live albums and shinolas and things like that from now on.

I love Shinola, but I don't count it when ranking because I always saw it as more of a B-sides compilation than an actual album.

If we're counting absolutely everything, I'd definitely add Shinola, Total Request Live, and Live in Chicago towards the top.

I picked this up in a whim the other day at my record shop, super glad I did. I did not expect the album to be this great, total surprise. I have heard Mollusk get praised to death, but I don't get how anyone can think it's better than this, other than the fact that it has a more cohesive sound design. Mollusk has some absolutely killer tracks and is fantastic, but Quebec just inches ahead

Honestly, I'd rather see that than a half-hearted effort at a new album when the magic is gone.

Yeah. The live albums are great. My favorite is Stubbs, because the version of lmlyp is just great.