Are there any cons for running Boot Camp on a mac?

are there any cons for running Boot Camp on a mac?

>inb4 why even use mac
For the time being, I have to use this mac.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Apple_Macbook_Pro_Retina_(early_2013)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I use parallels and like it much better than bootcamp.

Any special reason for using parallels instead of bootcamp? What are their differences?

Nootcamp is fine if you only want to be able to access the Windows partition.

Parallels is a VM and you can access both the Mac and Windows sides, and run both kids of programs.

only reason i've ever used Bootcamp was to play games.

I found boot camp really buggy and slow. Lots of missing drivers.

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Apple_Macbook_Pro_Retina_(early_2013)

So for playing like 10 different games or so, I should go with Bootcamp?

For games as well?

I think everybody else covered it already but parallels is far superior because I can run multiple OS simultaneously without losing access to any resources. Bootcamp creates an island that you are trapped on with only what you remembered to bring.

so parallels are better in all aspects?

No, not for games. I played a lot of games and had my PS3 controller plugged in and it worked fine. I just don't like the constant switching to use Mac OS again but it works great. I'd recommend it. Just long annoying process of adding windows then getting all the proper Mac drivers to use all the keyboard functions and track pad gestures but that's not a big issue for games.

If you want to run anything resource intensive, like a game, use Bootcamp.

If you need to interact with Mac and Win programs at the same time for work, Parallels.

It has been a while since I've used either a VM or Bootcamp, but I think Parallels and Fusion can run the Bootcamp partition as a VM, too. So maybe Bootcamp + VM for the most flexibility.

Why do you want to run Windows?

Also, don't forget to install rEFInd.

a) Some lightweight misc. tools that I obviously can't access

b) So few good games for mac
c) hab heard that games that ARE availible for mac AND pc still generally runs better on PC

He said for games already

you kinda comparing apples to oranges. parallels is a virtual machine. bootcamp is not. all bootcamp really does it set aside a partition ands some device drivers so Win can use Mac hardware...kinda.

Main problem:

No service that I know of will allow you to keep and use a computer (mac, PC, or other) during BCT or Boot Camp....

Just take a phone, I hear you can keep your cells during Basic now... Because fuck discipline, right?

Okay. Here's what you do:

Create a Bootcamp partition with your games and misc tools. Install Parallels on the Mac side.

Boot into Windows for games. Boot into Mac for everything else, run Parallels to launch the Bootcamp partition as a virtual machine as needed.

I'm not OP, but thanks anyway.

meant for :

Thank you user, I will do so.

There's always Funtoo if Gentoo isn't your speed.

also, windows 7 or 8/10 for gaming?