youtube.com/watch?v=AEEETCopMBY
deathmetal.org/review/autechre-elseq-1-5-2016/
youtube.com/watch?v=D5-_4VbzF_A
youtube.com/watch?v=a267gFmAxTw
youtube.com/watch?v=g7ocRBxsntY
youtube.com/watch?v=mstny88Apo0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mayhem were shit after Deathcrush desu

hey guys i like riffs what should i listen to?

Is this the first war metal album?

youtube.com/watch?v=lMPDX2SoE9U

Why do you guys hate melodeath?

reminder that it's 10/10

Can I shill my band and how much will you rip it to shreds if I do?

youtube.com/watch?v=i-RdsIst6p4

I had enough of seeing this
Should I give it a try?

Definitely

In a somewhat greater perspective of time, you are practically nonexistent

I AM RAPE
I AM HATE

CHUGGACHUGA CHUGGACHUGGACHUGGA CHUGGACHUGGA

youtube.com/watch?v=wFV1oK-pYV4

Would you rather listen to groove metal or melodeath

I think we should really split /metal/ into /death metal/ /black metal/ and /other metal/, it's the onyl way this general can be saved

probably some riffs

>havent been keeping up with music
>decide to check if agalloch has released anything new since 'the serpent and the sphere'
>not only have they not, but turns out they disbanded last year

this is not a good feel

youtube.com/watch?v=I0oH8S3xaWo

What the hell is with this new guy spamming metal random albums with YouTube links in threads?

Well at leas he's sharing decent stuff unlike djenntspammer

youtube.com/watch?v=_pa-gruFS1Q

What kind of riffs?

youtube.com/watch?v=LAbSsQZ3b3g

Probably some guy that's just now getting into metal and is excited by every new bands he finds. It's not like he's posting obscure stuff, you can find everything he posts on p4k.

>you can find everything he posts on p4k
lol what
since when has p4k reviewed Life of Agony, Paradise Lost, Type O Negative, Sentenced, Pantera, Bathory, Fates Warning or Nile

youtube.com/watch?v=VLiR5QKQ44U

Are there any metal bands that have a female mascot?

And no, the Nasty Habits and Marianne Gravatte don't count. I'm talking about fictional characters you paint on an album cover.

as a representative of Anonymous, I request that you post a link, along with a brief description of your sound

we won't rip it to shreds; most likely it'll just get 0 (You)s

who nwobhm
youtube.com/watch?v=WWzwr7tMXyc

i can do that rather well, don't you think?

>dat drumming on Famished For Breath

Yeah lad, they just came outta nowhere and went "lol we cba anymore". It was even more out of nowhere than Altar Of Plagues.

youtube.com/watch?v=kMZSJCgn_K8

>sharing stuff that everyone who's been in the thread for more than 2 days already knows about

stop shilling shitty albums you degenerate

youtube.com/watch?v=Zfxo4i_gBC0

youtube.com/watch?v=PRGOFefxMGU

gotchu covered

wew lad

youtube.com/watch?v=qMCsv-zj56s

who kvlt here?

youtube.com/watch?v=dLuLez3XzV4

KATOAA KAIKKI MITÄ EDESSÄSI NÄET

dead kvlt here

I'm really loving this, can't wait to hear more.

youtube.com/watch?v=-j6xwCU-r7Y

youtube.com/watch?v=K6QTtPO5tJA

Why do you autists circlejerk this awful site again

youtube.com/watch?v=CeCaqr84o3Y

>Immolation are creatively bankrupt, paroding themselves yet again more verse-chorus-verse style songs. Immolation haven’t release a worthwhile record in fifteen years. Atonement even makes liberal use of the “Ride the Lightning” breakdown like a second-rate Sodom record. Riffs are arranged randomly as in Satyricon or metalcore rather than in the modal riff mazes of most of the better done death metal. How the mighty have fallen! Echoes of Here in After through Unholy Cult litter this record but just make listeners want to go back and listen to those infinitely superior releases rather than Immolation turning themselves into C-list speed metal for a lowest common denominator festival audience. The gig is up guys.

Jesus fuck

Cynic moved on from the promising death/speed metal of their demos to present a queer techno smorgasbord of random jazz fusion on Focus. Funk bass lines mix with techno beats, speed metal rhythmic riffs, bouncy Pantera grooves, ambient interludes, bluesy guitar leads, and shred solos. Tracks are made up of a bunch of random shit thrown onto a tape and held together loosely in a verse-chorus-verse fashion with a common chorus. Vocal styles are similarly a random conglomeration of castrated choirs, Enya, a vocoder, and rasps. Cynic’s composition is awful, atonal, off-key, and gives the mood of a conga line rather than a death metal head trip through time and space like Demilich‘s Nespithe. Cynic is a turtlenecked Pantera for pudgy Berkeley Jazz Institute douchebags wearing blazers over t shirts with pitiful goatees to add a jawline to their corpulent faces. Without the straightforward single-mindedness of a straight, sober, and strongly heterosexual songwriter such as Chuck Schuldiner, Cynic could never hope to equal their contributions to Death‘s Human.

With Oden on Our Side is another Amon Amarth album of mediocre speed metal with riffing incluenced by Metallica, Slaughter of the Soul, and Kreator. Song structures are again rock ‘n’ roll constructions with catchy leads and choruses for drunk frat boys to sing along to. Everything Amon Amarth play here is forgettable, generic, recycled, and nondescript stadium heavy metal. With Oden on Our Side is one of those albums of entirely rehashed filler produced for an experienced band to tour behind and sell something for the label. Listening to it is like reusing tea bags or old coffee grounds found in a trash can. Occasionally riffs are so awful to be metalcore breakdowns as that wasn’t coffee, that was dirt. Amon Amarth ultimately sound like Opeth trying to be Iron Maiden and failing just as hard at playing heavy metal as they did at death metal under the Bloodbath moniker. Amon Amarth need to throw the towel into the shower in hope that they slip on it and crack their skulls open. Being found dead with their brains all over the floor like Dead from Mayhem on the cover of Dawn of the Black Hearts would be the closest Amon Amarth would have ever come to well-written music.

There is also a really gory picture under that review but I'm not gonna post it

On The Somberlain, Dissection successfully shoehorned riffing reminiscent of Emperor‘s lead work into Iron Maiden style songs. Storm of the Light’s Bane was Dissection Nuclear Blasted into outer space for a more mainstream audience just as Wolverine Blues, Domination, Necroticism: Descanting the Insalubrious, and Massive Killing Capacity were. After a brief intro, “Night’s Blood” surges forth and despite the unnecessary bridge is the peak of the album with its New Wave of British Heavy Metal guitar harmonies. Yes, all of the songs on Storm of the Light’s Bane are verse-chorus-verse rock formations. Storm of the Light’s Bane then falls on its smug, sell-out face. Bouncy rhythms in the riffs are tailored for jumping up and down and moshing and sappy over-emotional leads perfect for those hopped on the black metal bandwagon from Guns N’ Roses’ Use Your Illusion to play air guitar to. The riffing was again bowdlerized Emperor with David Parland‘s on Necrophobic‘s The Nocturnal Silence being a new influence. Dissection even added in a power ballad for anyone in a battle jacket who wanted to show Steve Perry their lighter. Lyrical themes revolving around The Temple of the Black Light cult provided an unthreatening, non-denominational evil for the funderground to adopt despite a few mentally unstable persons sacrificing stray cats and homosexuals. Ridiculous anti-cosmic gods don’t put yuppies off as much as imagining the Pope on the end of a rope or wanting to send the world back to the Dark Ages you know. The funderground and bar crowd worships Storm of the Light’s Bane as it was targeted toward them: Dissection were a wannabe Queensryche closer to Opeth and Pantera than they were to Alf Svensson’s At the Gates.

If you really takes this awful site seriously you seriously need to get the fuck out of this general

there really is no website more pseudy than DMU

why does DMU call everything they don't like "speed metal"

You see, it's this kind of attitude why metalfaggotry has this containment thread.

The Jester Race is the VH1 version of Slaughter of the Soul. In Flames are not a poorly-done, warmed over Iron Maiden or Artillery; In Flames are the type of lame sing-along lite rock that can otherwise be found on the heavier Motley Crue LPs. The closest comparison I can think of would actually be the speed metal influenced Skid Row – Slave to the Grind but In Flames have more estrogen in their bloodstream. Medical literature reports that listeners testicles retreat into the body cavity upon hearing the opening riff. To make an In Flames album one must merely kidnap five relatively sane beer metal fans in Iron Maiden t-shirts, inject them with a potent cocktails of various benzodiazepines, and buy them an afternoon of studio time. The Jester Race is what would result. In Flames were not a band who wanted to kill everyone like Metallica in 1983, rather they were the assholes in Animal House with the acoustic guitar attempting to make New Wave of British Heavy Metal music a few years later for born again Christians. In Flames are the Swedish Stryper.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dvbl2vOXbT4

DMU is the best website of all time

>stop shilling shitty albums you degenerate
Maybe you should return to the shithole that is /pol

Kreator went from playing hyper-aggressive but random speed metal to melodeaf. Gods of Violence sounds like rejected tracks cut from an Amon Amarth album that were tossed in the Mac recycle bin at the studio as Amon Amarth decided that they sounded like empowerment music for chubby 14 year old girls mad at their moms for not taking them to see Slipnot instead of rehashed Iron Maiden for drunk 22 year old virgins who watch anime and think Unleashed and Enslaved are too heavy and headbangable for Monster-fueled Hearthstone sessions.

Because their thesaurus don't possess synonyms for metal sub genres.

youtube.com/watch?v=wy-8hFuYeIA

Fuck off they're right

Technical deafcore composed of randomly recycled riffs from earlier in the band’s career and from Sarpanitum. The riffs only exist to get to the shred leads while the vocals are awfully hardcore and awfully out of place in such spacey guitar wank. Do not pass go on this. Insert the CD where it and all other tek deaf releases belong: hammered through the brain-case of its maker’s skull.

>Fuck off they're right

Heard any good doom lately?

>he doesn't only listen to Demilich and Arghoslent

It's like you don't even DMU bro

You are the cancer killing /metal/

youtube.com/watch?v=AEEETCopMBY

>the most positive review on their website is for a fucking electronic album
top kek

deathmetal.org/review/autechre-elseq-1-5-2016/

I tell you, the philosophical basis behind that religion (which few here
understand so I can talk about it openly) mindfucks people. It is such an
easy answer - easier and more addictive than heroin, I think - that they will
not let go and will contort themselves in any way possible to make it
consistent. The easiest method of course is to remove all value from life,
so it exists as only aesthetics... then there is no need for logical
consistency. Subjectivism? Aestheticism! Glad I nihilist stand to observe
the joys of chaos. I wish almost that I could feel that old-school USENET
feeling of raw hatred in flaming the fuck out of others, but to tell the
truth, I'm having a good time. Because there is something beautiful in
seeing truth in the shit. The same shit we suffer day in day out that wastes
our time and destroys our world (notice few could comment on that (revelatory
mentality)) is here put forth in words... there is no medium like it. I've
never seen clearer revelations of what more people actually think than what I
learn to interpret from what they say through the codex of double
equivalencies established in a flame war. And to them, this paragraph is
only "big words to prove you have a big dick." I can say anything, and
they'll never know! But you, me, and several others can talk - and because
of the reference nature of this resource, many more will read - I'm still
getting email about posts from 1996... the battle continues.

Isn't that that fucking album by the guy from Liturgy?

Sega Genesis power metal with a chop suey purre of leftover riffs. Manilla Road with Megadeth style speed metal riffing if Dave Mustaine was autistic and loved The Lord of the Rings for the lurid descriptions of tower battlements, wizards’ beards, and elven breads. This makes one want to crank Cirith Ungol.

Also why ddoes that site have so many Sup Forums tier gore and shit images
It really looks like a blog started by a raging Sup Forumstard

I worked with a Lithuanian woman and she was kind of a Plain Jane (kind of like pic related), but one day at work, she received news that her child had been hit by a car on the way home from school and she turned into this quivering wreck in floods of tears. I'm not ashamed to say I started to get really turned on watching her sobbing, the tears running down her pale, white face while she tried to wipe them away. Her long brown hair was all over the place and she looked like a distressed young maiden crying as she evacuated her village to escape the approaching Nazi Army. I got a really hard erection and had to hide it behind my desk. I thought of how great it must have been to be an SS Officer and round up women like this, demure looking homely girls, and maybe take them to a barn and try to make them cry more. I would dearly love to hurt her face and make her fellate my pistol while I lick the tears from her face. I would lubricate her anus with her own tears and the sheer eroticism of the setting would mean that two fierce pumps in her torn, bleeding hole, and I would be spent. It wouldn't even count as a real orgasm for me until I turn her around again and shoot a bullet through her cunt. It would be important to make sure that she knew that she was about to die. I would savour this moment for a while, perhaps telling her what I already did to her elderly parents. I thought of all this that day, and when I got home my underpants was soaked.

Sheepdom is a state of mind; I don't think it's genetic (though in many cases
it is, and a healthy dose of murder there would be appreciated by all - even
the victims!). Defeating philosophies from the outside so your society can
be strong however prevents a dominant mode of sheepdom from delaying
everything you do through the delay and cloying fear of the stagnant,
trembling masses.
Copyright © 1988-1999 Spinoza Ray Prozak

>Autrechre
>related to Liturgy
You're retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=D5-_4VbzF_A

Calm down DMUdrone, not everyone can be right all the time, that is why I put a question mark after my sentence, because I was displaying my openness to being corrected.

Does DMU even like anything

youtube.com/watch?v=a267gFmAxTw

Did you people seriously only just find out about DMU and ANUS?

>DMU likes Crimson Massacre

Confirmed for the ultimate pser metal band

youtube.com/watch?v=g7ocRBxsntY

Seriously give me some good doom recs.

I knew about it for some time but only recently I decided to read more of their reviews

Why do you people like this awful website?

what have you heard/liked

I miss when /metal/ was not just DMU lite

Why is modern metal so boring, especially death metal?

In death metal, solos can easily ruin a song if they're done to prove
how technically/musically competent the guitarist is. (Technicality for
technicality's sake makes for cold art; see Nocturnus, and Atrocity's
"Hallucinations;" the speedy up-and-down the scale solos bore me) I'm
not a musician, so I don't have that slant on guitarists; I respond on a
gut level. I don't judge "good" or "bad," but I do judge solos by
whether they (a) seem appropriate to the song they're in and (b) have
some emotive power.

In any case, I'd have to say that some of the most appropriate,
inobtrusive (but still great) solos in death metal are those done by
Allen West. Alot of his solos are fairly minimalistic, but I love the
way the guitar will reach a very high note and then 'roar' down to a low
note. Particularly on "The End Complete," West's solos fit the austere
sound which Obituary put forth on that album. Though I likewise love
Murphy's dramatic, melodic and almost baroque (by comparison) style on
"Cause of Death," I can't picture Murphy's solos fitting in to "The End
Complete" anywhere.

Death (Schuldiner & Co.) occasionally have solos that strike me as good
(my opinion). Alot of the time, though, they strike me as cold,
technical solos.

>Why is modern metal so boring
Hello DMU

Are there any glam forums?

Electric Wizard, Acid Bath, Kyuss, Earth, Sleep, Om.

inb4
>band name
>doom

I'm asking for recs because I don't know much about the genre and want to expand. Thanks.

Candlemass, Saint Vitus, Cathedral
They're all good and you're a faggot for not getting into them earlier.

t. nu-male

melodeath

t. faggot

djent

Isole
youtube.com/watch?v=mstny88Apo0