Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums,

my father died of lung cancer three days ago. The doctors said, it was because of his smoking habit. He smoked half a pack every day the last 20 years. Sorry, if I write really bad, I am drunk as hell.

I am a bit scared, because I have a similar smoking habit. Whenever I am in stress I smoke a cig and my high times are at 50 cigarettes a day.

Did anyone of you manage to quit within one day? What are your secrets. I can't imagine it, but I would like to see myself becoming 60+

start smoking weed

Not an option, I get tachycardia from weed, to the point that I have to concentrate on not getting a heart collapse

I got diagnosed with stage 1 COPD. That night I bought a pack of cigarettes and a bottle of whiskey. Smoked and drank the night away. Quit smoking cold the next morning. Haven't smoked for almost a year.

Simple solution: Don't buy cigarettes. If you have them you will smoke them. So don't have them on you. Also try e-cigs. It won't get you off of your nicotine addiction but at least it doesn't give you cancer etc.

Isn't it really hard to never think about smoking again?

Vape. It's what I do. Now cigarettes disgust me unless I am as drunk as you, then I have to be out with friends and bum.

smoke em if you got em

>Did anyone of you manage to quit within one day?
I watched my grandmother die of stage iv lung cancer while taking smoke breaks. Vape. Best $150+ initial investment i've ever made.

For the first couple of weeks, yeah it fucking sucks. After you are over the withdrawal, you don't even think about it. I had one smoke to see if I still liked it, it literally made me sick.

>smoking weed doesn't cause cancer

Read Allen Carr's book or watch his full 1 hour video it worked on most of my friends.

>I get tachycardia from weed

This made me sad user

>this thread again
>didn't even bother to change the filename
sage + kys

Yeah, the problem, I have, is, that tobacco is less expensive. I really hate the govt a bit for not reglementing it at least a bit

No shit tobacco is less expensive. Vaping is expensive as fuck. Either enjoy cancer, COPD, and asthma, pay up and vape, or just stop.

Weed can cause anxiety in some people...hence the tachycardia.

Sorry, I took the image, because I saw the pasta threads every day. But have you ever seen this text to it?

It's easy to quit.

Sheer will power.

i've done it, I smoked for 8 years or so, decided enough was enough one day.

faggots get tachy-whatever the fuck you call it.....real men get high. you'll probably feel better suck on a dick.

faggots are quitters

>weed
>high
come on kid. real men don't get high off weed, they maintain.

but that doesnt mean quitters are faggots according to rules of logic

fok yeah

Ultimately the only way to quit is to want to more than you want to smoke. Try to think in positive terms, like how once you get over the withdrawal you'll start feeling healthier every day. Your endurance will improve, you'll be able to smell things you forgot you could smell, your circulation will improve (no cold fingers or toes). It can help to keep a list in your pocket or anywhere that reminds you of smoking of all the reasons you want to quit. Make a list of positives about quitting like I listed, and a list of the negatives of keeping on smoking. As for the withdrawal, I found nicotine patches really helpful. Follow directions, wear step 1 for two weeks, step 2 for two weeks, step 3 for two weeks, then no more patches. DO NOT DRINK. It's hard as hell to drink without smoking, at least for the first couple of months. Eventually you can drink again, but give it a few months if you can. It helps to quit (and step down between nicotine patch strengths) on weekends, or 3 day weekends if you can take the day off work. Avoid stress at those points when withdrawal is worst. After 2-3 days, you will have hit the worst of the withdrawal, although you'll still feel it for a week or two. That's why they say wait two weeks before stepping down patch strengths. But if you survive 2-3 days without smoking, you can know each coming day will be a little easier than the last, and if you handled the worst days you can handle those. Try to stay away from stress, and gradually do more and more again as you can handle it. Keep reminding yourself why it's important and why you care more about it than smoking. Find fun rewards to give yourself, little ones for little victories, big ones for anniversaries, like 1 week, one month, etc. And don't give up if you smoke again. Keep on trying again and you'll succeed.

you probably still smoking the same oshbagosh bullshit you smoked in middle school feg. if you dont get high off purple kush you ded

Vape.
I smoked a pack every two days for 3 years until I started vaping about a month ago. It was amazing how easily I quit after that. Like it was no big deal whatsoever.
The funny part is that a week ago, I tried a cig and it made me feel sick and disgusted. I completely lost the taste for it.

Nah, after a decade of getting normal it is one of the two habits I quit. Thank god weed isn't addictive.

look for a cheap authentic kit on fasttech just don't order anything that comes with a battery. Batteries get held up in customs for some reason. Look for some kind of brand name kit like the kanger subox, that's just off the top of my head. You can probably find something better and cheaper if you look. Illumn is a good source for batteries at a fair price (like six bucks a pop and then 15 for a charger)

>this is what pot heads actually believe

I smoked for 22 years, quit 4 years ago. Smoked anywhere from 1-3 packs a day that whole time. Had my second kid and thought it would be a good time to quit. I used those disposable ecigs for about a month to ween myself and then quit the ecigs too. Man, it's nice being able to breathe. I smell better and I also have a shitload more money in my pockets. Well worth a rough month of breaking the habit.

Yes ive quit in a day.
Just go home without cigarettes and then on the way to work just don't buy any. It's pretty simple, you just deprive yourself of the access to the cigarettes and of course have some willpower for God's sake

RX200, three LG batteries, and a Uwell Rafele. Don't cheap out. Go big and you'll quit.

Yeah genius, find one documented case in all of human history where marijuana causes cancer. There are none. It does not exist.

I disagree a bit. I went for the cheapest shit I could find, a Buck Wild Naked pen. It completely made me quit with fucking ease.
I'm thinking about upgrading, so maybe that's where you're right. But for just the initial quitting, I think cheap should be fine.

The smelling better was such a shock after quitting. It was weird to have one of your senses near-forgotten, suddenly spring back alive again in a little under two weeks. Bad thing is that the first thing I started to really smell again was myself and how shitty my hygiene had become.

Overkill. Dude is broke and I'm sure something like a subox kit would be just fine even with a 3mg juice. If u needed more than 50 watts id say maybe a x cube mini and a tfv4 mini

smoked for 25 years, tried and failed to quit countless times, then tried hypnotherapy a few years ago and haven't touched one since. Cost £300 but it paid for itself after a few months. give it a try

Or get lower nicotine level juices and then work down

I thought about hypno several times. But at the same time I fear, that the guy will rob me of all my money

oh yeah and never buy juice from a vape store. buy online from a place like ITC or MT Baker or Vape Wild. ITC will give you four times the amount you'll usually get in the store for 20 bucks.

Same here, first two weeks were the worst. Been smoke free almost 6 months now. I had few cigs along the way too but like in your case it made me feel sick and tasted horrible. The sense of smell and taste regained is one of the best things you get when quitting.

Dude, Why would they rob you ? Thats mental ! the one i went to took a cheque and did the 3 sessions before it was cashed. I could have robbed him, but i didn't, most people don't rob people. especially those who's business relies on good PR

Well fuck him, I am young god!