Go back to shitposting glam on /metal/ cancer

Metal is post-patrician.

>metal
>patrician
lol

t. nu-male grimes fan

Dio is great, but vastly overrated.

Good point

Vastly overrated. Explain please. Lyrics? Vocals? Musicianship?

rainbow literally invented metal and dio has one of the best voices in rock period

Basically what this guy was saying, people act like they're one of the greatest metal bands of all time just because they were there first and had influence. However, there are many way better metal bands than Dio. I think the vocals, lyrics, and musicianship are all good, but not great, like a 7.5-8.5 depending on the album and song. Too many people act like they're in the 9+ range though, which is a stretch.

t. sweaty neckbeard

I cannot name very many bands that have all three. Maybe better lyrics, but as far as vocals and musicianship, that's a bit of a stretch for me.

I'll admit that Dio excels in vocals, but many other metal bands have much better musicianship an lyrics and pretty good vocals at the same time:
>Slayer
>Darkthrone
>Bathory
>Venom
>Kreator
>Black Sabbath
>Marduk
>Destruction
>Craft
>Quintessenz
and many others that I could list as well, but you get the point.

>>Black Sabbath

>Slayer
You cannot be serious. Drummer wise? Ok, I will give you that. But you cannot, in all seriousness say that Hanneman and King are better than Campbell. No way.

Their early stuff was better than their stuff with Dio, that's not to say their stuff with Dio is bad but it's not nearly as good as their first 5 albums.
Have you even listened to Slayer? All of their albums have amazing musicianship with the dual guitars going back and forth creating a wall of complex riffs, the lyrics are pretty good for metal lyrics, and Araya's voice fits the band pretty well. Hanneman and King are fucking guitar legends. I suggest you listen to Show No Mercy and South of Heaven, they have some of their most intricate riffs. Dio riffs are basically just catchy power metal.

Yes, I have. I bet I am a bigger Slayer fan than you are. I also know a thing or two about playing the guitar. There is no way you are going to convince me they are better musicians than Campbell guitar wise. Guitar legends? That's laughable if you know anything about playing guitar. You are just wrong. No use discussing any more, it's obvious you are uninformed, but hey, that's your opinion.

I have personally listened to each of Slayer's first 5 albums over 50 times according to my Itunes plays count, I practically have every riff they've done memorized. Dio's riffs are pretty basic, sticking to the formula of heavy metal/power metal that they're known for. Not to mention, they could only make one really good album, which is Holy Diver, whereas, Slayer's first 6 albums were all masterpieces in their own ways.

How old are you? I bought South of Heaven the day it came out. I had it on cassette. Wait, is this bait?

You obviously didn't listen to it, or you were deaf, one of the two. In all seriousness, you can't possibly be saying Dio's riffs are better than those in songs like The Antichrist, Fight Till Death, Metal Storm, Black Magic, Tormentor, Final Command, Crionics, South of Heaven, Live Undead, Behind the Crooked Cross, Mandatory Suicide, Ghost of War, and Spill the Blood?

Dio are the best Metal band of all time

You cannot read, you simpleton. I like Slayer better than Dio, but Campbell is FAR superior when it comes to musicianship. Two totally styles of music as well.

Not really, I doubt he could even play half of those songs live as well as Slayer live.

Do you play an instrument?

You probably think Possessed and Death are "simple" too.

That's not relevant to the fact that Hanneman and King are better musicians.

Ok, this is bait. You are fucking retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=IgC5_k0v15I

It is relevant if you play the guitar. Learn a Slayer song and then try a Dio song and tell me which one is harder to play. Slayer solos are a fucking joke. My retarded brother could play Slayer solos.

>first 10 seconds
>literally just doing Van Halen wank
Yeah, okay, nice """musician""" you've got there.

Show me your best Slayer solo, chief.

I thought Dio hated Glamfaggots

Huh?

youtube.com/watch?v=TfvFxa8Ou9E
Also, you can't tell me that the intro collaboration riffs on Angel of Death and Rain in Blood between Hanneman and King aren't the very peak of metal musicianship pre-1987.

youtube.com/watch?v=gdO61qQtfVQ

Wrong. Chuck is a true guitar god. I agree with that.

What's your point?

I agree, the riffs are good. I love Slayer, more than you. More than DIO even. My point is, technically speaking, not that hard to play.

All metal is for nu-males lel (even though I love it)

>orchestra version is my favorite
youtube.com/watch?v=0uFfy6b6DOQ

This is some excellent shitposting my man

>I suggest you listen to Show No Mercy and South of Heaven
Show no mercy is standard NWOBHM riffing with thrash on top, it's nothing amazing from a technical point of view.

better than being a massive pretentious autistic cunt

also bands a great in their own niche kind of way but nah
>no Cannibal Corpse
>no Death
those are the actual better musicians in death metal genre

and Black Sabbath are amazing

but Dio are better if you take off your fanboy glasses, you'll be able to see Appice and Campbell are beasts and can play any style of music.

lel

>Their early stuff was better than their stuff with Dio, that's not to say their stuff with Dio is bad but it's not nearly as good as their first 5 albums.
dude, just please stop baiting. while Dio's Sabbath albums never got to the top tiers of Sabbath classic Ozzy albums they weren't meant to.

their style is totally different to the Ozzy era. Iommi and the gang could have gotten a Ozzy clone and kept doing the same music but the musical landscaped changed. Sabbath went from pioneering that heavy rock sound that became metal and other bands were riding that wave into popularity. Dio helped them stay afloat and compete with all the popular 80's bands. They only think I might complain about Dio era Sabbath is Geezer stopped writing the lyrics. and Dio will always be their best live singer.

youtube.com/watch?v=JWSLMS_rt5M

youtube.com/watch?v=0t4rSlRn0-I

Cuckadise Lost

youtube.com/watch?v=jv5_PtpgaUc

I like how /metal/ can't even make direct criticisms of music anymore.

>youtube.com/watch?v=0t4rSlRn0-I
What are you getting at? It doesn't contradict what I said

AND TELL THEM

THESE ARE

THE FINAL DAYS OF ALL

Why is to the nameless dead so based? Is it the best folk album ever?

youtube.com/watch?v=aMorAdnCixg

>12 reviews on Metallum, averaging 97%

They definitely did something right.

>literally invented metal
citation needed

Sweet fucking quads user!

It doesn't even need to be Campbell, I'd pay to see Kerry play the lead intro from Overlove. I'm a huge Slayer fan but the only musician who can compete with the classics is Lombardo.

>harder equals better
Is it spring break for high schoolers already?

Musicianship. We were talking about musicianship you simpleton. Can you not read? Fuck off back to the grimesfag thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=4x_2T1i0lAo

>Patrician metal albums

so tryhard pretentious bullshit albums? deathspell omega discography

I never get people like you. Does it make you feel better to act this way? How much better?

A lot better

And now you're happy?

Real ones know this is better than their grind albums.

Metallica's first four albums are some of the best metal ever recorded and anyone who disagrees is a contrarian sack of shit

Inferior to Megadeth

Inferior to Testament

Patrician metal? What?

youtube.com/watch?v=SIWwWJ51Uz4

Metal that is patrician.

Just post an album you like, mang.

thanks to this image, now I know what leviathan-scar sighted is. thanks ironic bait-image kun.

This is an oversimplification, Dio's first two albums are most definitely in the 9 range
Holy Diver is a 10/10
Last in Line 9/10
Sacred Heart 7.5/10
Dream Evil 8/10
It kind of goes to shit from there but still fun

youtube.com/watch?v=nDoaGlrTdwA

>metal
>patrician

...pffft KEK

Good post. Good job.

Top tier taste

I don't care what metal fans think at all but this chart got me into some good shit, so thanks.

Most of what's in that chart is good. The term "nu-male" has literally no substance to it.

Scar Sighted is unironically one of the most deserving album on this chart
it's objectively nu-male metal on every single aspect

t. nu-male

spoken like a true nu-male
stay ignorant

>I hate tumblr but I really like their style of arguing

youtube.com/watch?v=cNKKsZCrDG8

Okay.

Explain

>anime poster
>doesn't like metal

kek go back to your containment board you pathetic weeb

Seriously, this'll just turn into another /metal/ general if you keep prodding them for answers to ebin maymays. Scar Sighted's a good album, Within Thrall has some tasty ass riffs.

youtube.com/watch?v=wnOh47h_6H0

an album made for nu-males, as you know that 80% of its fanbase consists of nu-males
cringe taste

Love SubRosa.

Saw them open for Boris and it was a fucking fantastic show.

I unironically enjoy Legacy more than anything Metallica or Megadeth have ever released.

Thanks. Just thought there should at least be some modicum of discussion in a thread about musical discussion. On a board about musical discussion.

Go back to shitposting on /metal/ you cancerous fuck

t. nu-male

I'd put Rust in peace above Legacy, but it's a great album. The new order is up there too, I feel like Practice what you preach was a bit of a step down

youtube.com/watch?v=X03ewrW_6HA

I bet they would be a fucking trip live. I'm not big into stoner/sludge, but there's something about their sound that's so captivating. The violins/three vocalists have a lot to do with that.

this