How can you guys stand reading books?

How can you guys stand reading books?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GlKL_EpnSp8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kindle text to speech is nice

Makes my thoughts more lucid and expressive.

Reading makes you smarter. Watching movies, if you're untrained, is just a waste of time. You'd be better off playing a sport or something and getting exercise.

Get your life together OP

youtu.be/GlKL_EpnSp8

what the fuck

Imagination, it's like kino playing in your head.

i don't
i've become so fucking lazy at reading that i tried reading some stephen king book and i couldn't get past the first chapter
its been 3 years since i read an entire book

easy. i hate people. you can get more out of reading a book for 15 minutes than you can bullshitting about nothing with some asshole for an hour. maybe you oughta read more.

OP here

Books are so boring, why the fuck read books when we have movies/documentaries? It just makes absolutely no sense, sometimes I really think that people who read books are just trying to pay off as intelectuals or something

It's just so illogical to do this

The greatest feeling in the world is being engrossed in a truly good book. Good movies don't come close because they can't match the intimacy of having your imagination build the story from words.

>if you're untrained
Say what now? How do I "train" myself to become smarter from movies?

I don't want to become smarter, wtf? I want to be entertained, I want to have fun

>ywn read the first 3 ASOIAF novels for the first time again

Why live?

This.

Well, your problem you can't become hooked with a good movie/series

I can barely blink sometimes

Yes, but usually I read so much career stuff, that in my free time I prefer to do anything else.

completely agree

I'm not a nigger and I'm not retarded so it works out just fine

>asking a television and film board about reading

Shouldn't you be asking /lit/ this?

But niggers love to read. They don't have anything to do except read in prison.

wouldn't they be biased? Also I want to ask my guys, the guys who share my hobby

/lit/ is kinda reddit af tbqh

they do pushups and situps and sell white ass for cigs. and sometimes they find allah

>niggers love to read
no they don't. A good percentage of them literally can't read at all

They're not that good nigga I had to speed read all the shit parts. Haven't seen the show though so maybe going from that to the books would be a big step up

Reading Ready Player One now. Pretty fun book, but the 80's references are really obnoxious. Every other line in the book has to reference a popular 80's movie or song or game. Can't see this making a good movie adaption though, probably going to suck.

Wow so unique! so smart, so edgy, so brash, so bold, so contrarian, so intellectually superior, a true patrician, a free spirit, a free thinker, an unique snowflake, clearly you can see what the rest of the population can't because you're so gifted, you have a talent unlike no other, no one but you could deliver these unique pieces of criticism that shows why thing that people enjoy is actually shit.

Can I follow your blog? You clearly are a renown critic famous for his incredible critical thinking skills and unique thought provoking arguments, I would JUST die if I couldn't follow your blog and have these incredibly amazing deep criticisms of popular media by (you), please have mercy on this poor pleb's soul and give me your blog so I can follow you, I'm just DYING to see what you criticize next, I'm sure it will be an incredible eye opening experience just like this one.

My you must be so popular, you must have thousands of followers ready to die for you if need be, eagerly awaiting your next thought provoking piece barely able to contain their orgasms as you hit enter and deliver that next blogpost, only to get an outstanding ovation, dozens of new followers, and the cycle repeats as your loyal fans wait for your next masterpiece of critique.

>Say what now? How do I "train" myself to become smarter from movies?

Have you ever listened to a critic?