Is God the bad guy in the bible?

Is God the bad guy in the bible?

Had to go to church with the family today and i noticed something

In the bible Satan barely does anything. They say he was the snake but all the snake did was tell Eve she would gain knowledge if she ate the apple, which was true. It was god who banished adam and eve and created death and cancer and toil and pain and suffering and disease to torture them not Satan. When you die you don't go straight to hell and if you were really good god tries to rescue you, what happens is god sends you to hell himself for not measuring up, god created hell and sends us and satan there.

Satanists are often said to engage in animal sacrifice but Satan never asks for that or does that in the bible. God does, he demands animal sacrifice for thousands of years, as blood payment for the apple thing. He impregnated a teenage middle eastern girl so her mangod son could be butchered as more blood payment. This is god's thing not satan's

God is the one who kills all the first born children of Egypt for the sins of their fathers not satan. God says jesus paid the blood sacrifice back but disease and death remain, and there does not appear to be anything we can do to sufficiently repay god for the apple thing to get him to end it. Think about it, there were no viruses in Eden, so god fabricated them when he kicked us out of the garden, said jesus paid him back for that but never stopped the viruses.

First step in learning religion is bullshit OP.. Have fun going down the rabbit hole.

don't take the Bible too literally. if you're actually interested in the spiritual knowledge in there, you have to look deeper and realize it's a lot of metaphorical story telling.

If you ever want to create good people, you need to put them through bad things in order for them to become good. You can't create good people out of a vacuum. They have to have experience and knowledge for their own faults and misunderstandings.

Satanists these days don't even understand satanism. Only around 1% of them actually do. Don't look at the majority to get an understanding of what satanism is about. Animals are animals, not humans. You are supposed to give animals to show that you're still devout, and then eat them so you can stay healthy. Jesus was born to teach people of their wrong doings, not just for blood.

A king can not rule without anything bad happening to him, for if this does happen, then he becomes corrupt. The king of egypt was corrupt. Yes, there is something we can do to revert our original mistake, and that's to convert everyone to the same religion and ask for forgiveness. It just hasn't happened yet because we won't allow it to. And viruses fall back to the fact that bad things must happen for people to become good. Death is a wake up call for most people, so then they can repent and ask for forgiveness for their sins.

Even if you point out all these things, people will still believe god is their savior, don't try, it's not worth your time.

Satan killed 10 people, with the instructions of God, God killed, using biblical numbers only: 2,821,364, with estimates of 25 million that account for all the unnamed men, woman and children, flood, ect.

So you decide what your definition of good or bad is.

>Animals are animals, not humans

I stopped here. You're an idiot.

" you need to put them through bad things in order for them to become good. You can't create good people out of a vacuum"

Please tell my where is random made up idea of your came from? By what measure does this make any sense?

"Jesus was born to teach people of their wrong doings, not just for blood"

There isn't any evidence that he actually existed and you can't provide any if you tried for the rest of your life.

"You are supposed to give animals to show that you're still devout, and then eat them so you can stay healthy"

Yo do not need to eat animals healthy. Scientifically verified. In fact, it can be argued that eating animals does more bad than good. Yes, I eat them.

The rest of your nonsense is just that. Non-sense pulled out you ass with nothing to back it up just like the entire religion of Christianity and the the others.

A bunch of unproved, believed for the sake of believing and or brainwashing, bull shit.

so do you think that we should give animals rights equals to humans? do you think we are on the same level as an animal? do you think we fling shit at one another just like an animal?

>made up idea of your came from?
not only is it supported in the bible, but you can also look at the real world for an example. men who have lived to grow up sheltered lives only grow up to be the feminine hipsters who believe the same amount of attention that females get should be the same exact same for them.

>evidence that he actually existed
are you seriously trying to use the "god isn't proved" point? do you want this to end in a stalemate? are you really this fucking dumb? you can't prove that he doesn't exist and i can't prove that he exists, so you can't even bother with that one. you will convince absolutely no one trying to use that argument.

>Yo do not need to eat animals healthy.
vegan detected. quit lying to yourself, you're full on vegan.
and I'd like to see you go without meat for a couple months. go on, and don't use any supplements, either. the people back then didn't use them.

>the rest is nonsense
>no points or reasons why
>hurr durr look at me im smarter than you even though i dont have any reasons

kill yourself. if you ever start a conversation with someone, don't do it just to ass blast them and walk away. that's just a waste of time for both you and them. you're a fucking moron if you think you're doing something with your life by doing this. either start with an argument and continue until the conversation ends or dont try at all.

I read the book a couple times, saw a movie based on the story line. If you pay real close attention to the characters, you will realize God and Satan are the same guy.

None of those bad things existed until the snake had eve eat the apple. God simply doesn't interfere with human affairs so we have freewill. Satan is generally frowned upon for interfering. However even in the middle ages Satan was praid to for success in battle. Basically everyone retells it in their own way each century.

>so do you think that we should give animals rights equals to humans? do you think we are on the same level as an animal? do you think we fling shit at one another just like an animal?

Irrelevant to the subject.

>not only is it supported in the bible, but you can also look at the real world for an example. men who have lived to grow up sheltered lives only grow up to be the feminine hipsters who believe the same amount of attention that females get should be the same exact same for them.

I grew up very sheltered and very rich. I believe no such non-sense. Also, Irrelevant to the subject

>are you seriously trying to use the "god isn't proved" point? do you want this to end in a stalemate? are you really this fucking dumb? you can't prove that he doesn't exist and i can't prove that he exists, so you can't even bother with that one. you will convince absolutely no one trying to use that argument.

It's not an argument it's a fact. You logical person would ask you to prove the non-existence of something that has never been proven to exist in the first place. There is simply no evidence that a historical Jesus ever existed. None at all. Fact.

"vegan detected. quit lying to yourself, you're full on vegan.
and I'd like to see you go without meat for a couple months. go on, and don't use any supplements, either. the people back then didn't use them"

I'm not an ideologue. I do not care for animals, human or not, at all. You have zero evidence, like for Jesus, to back up this claim.

You can't swim in a puddle in my intellectual arena. You're a mental midget, a small minded emotionally driven shit stain who will no doubt find an emotional meaning in my use of language because you only feel your way through your thoughts.

Eat shit and die you useless cunt who basically said nothing of any worth whatsoever.

Evidence or GTFO.

>Satan killed 10 people
What 10 people are you talking about?

Job's family

There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job ... And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters.
And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? Then Satan answered the LORD ... put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face. And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.
And there was a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house...And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. -- Job 1:1-19

>good point
>lol that's irrelevant
you simply can't win with idiots, i suppose. especially when they say that the point is wrong in the first place.

>I grew up very sheltered and very rich.
are you going to say that this entire conversation is irrelevant, you fucking moron? you brought up the point in the first place.

>It's not an argument it's a fact.
oh boy here we go. he's this type of moron.
let me say it again, because you're too fucking stupid to get it the first time. If something is a stalemate, don't fucking try to bring it up in an argument. You are getting absolutely nowhere. You are only wasting time.

>You have zero evidence
>posts no evidence of his own
kek

>in my intellectual arena.
KEK HAHAHHAHA WHAT THE FUCK
>You're a mental midget
THIS HAS TO BE BAIT OH FUCK
>a small minded emotionally driven shit stain
EDGE: THE POST

Fucking good lord, m8. You are absolutely full of yourself, aren't you?

>evidence or gtfo
>posts evidence
>lol irrelevant
k fam

I just don't get why she's posing like a retard contortionist.

the apple was actually a red pill

"god" is actually the devil, lucifer's just basically prometheus

>mfw a lot of christian beliefs and traditions are basically stolen right out of pagan beliefs

Fucking Christmas is Yule! Jesus wasn't even born in fucking December.

Clearly you're a teen. I'm done with you. Stalemate, what a retard. Hey, there a stalemate as to the existence of unicorns. Fucking kid.

>Jesus wasn't even born in fucking December.

yes he was

proof?
the bible is not a credible source

>the bible is not a credible source

I noticed that, and also did you notice how in David and Goliath, David uses a sling? Like, every time someone uses the D&G analogy, that's like saying a bear vs. it's hunter. Chances are it's gonna lose most of the time.

>can't win an argument
>resigns
>still believes they're morally superior
jesus you're a special case of autism, you know that, right?

god is a dick

>If you ever want to create good people, you need to put them through bad things in order for them to become good. You can't create good people out of a vacuum.
Why not? THIS IS AN OMNIPOTENT GOD. He could do it - if he ever wanted.

"Don't actually read the book, just read it with enough bias to mitigate all the contradictions and regressive ideas"

This. I'm an atheist and I still understand the religion better then most of them. You've also got remember the bible was manmade and has mistakes. Your god didn't write it himself.

Do your parents believe that spoiling you is a good thing? Do they completely fall to your whim and do absolutely everything for only your needs? Do you believe that your parents only exist to give you existence?

There are starving children in africa right now. Not even we, as neighbors, acknowledge them or even attempt to take care for them. They are supposed to learn for themselves that the only way to solve their issues is if they look inside themselves and realize that working alone and not as a team isn't the best thing to do. We are supposed to work as a team in order to get shit down in our world, see how any first world country was built. It falls upon us relying on each other, to build homes and railroads, not on us only relying on a single god to take care of all of our wishes. We have to take the steps forward and look for help to progress our civilization and ourselves.

Jesus died for our sins, right? His crucifixion was meant to be equivalent payment for all the bad shit we'd done over however many years.

What about the hundreds or thousands of people who got crucified before then? What about people who die in way more horrific ways, tortured by mad men? I don't buy into it.

Read The Marriage of Heaven ad Hell - by William Blake - it talks about this kinda, talks about how our conception on right and wrong has been misconstrued by the church

For god so loved the world he sent his only begoten son, jesus, that whoever believes in jesus shall have everlasting life.

Our lives arent meant to be easy, we are supposed to suffer so we could empathize wih the suffering. And god couldve made us all good, but instead he gave us free will. The abity to choose between right and wrong, and he knew that only a life of trials and struggle could create authentically good people. People who would choose wrong, but decide not too. Why do u think we are born sinners, and its part of the reason why a little kid would cheat in a board game, but a grandpa wouldnt

Yeah but its unethical for god to allow us to sin, knowing well that it will happen and for whom it will happen, and then punish whoever isn't like he wants them to be, provided that he could have just made people the way he wanted them. Thats like if I edited the genes of my child to make them short and then punished them for not being tall.

>bible literally says the point of life is to suffer
>belief in jesus gives you everlasting life, ergo everlasting suffering

Jesus = Satan confirmed

God is a bad guy in exodus which jews read. Everybody else reads from jesus onward god is a good guy

Sega genesis

Why was Lucifer punished eternally for giving us knowledge? It seems like in God's original plan we were meant to run around in Eden and just chill out indefinitely, essentially a bunch of cows grazing in a field. His plan got fucked up when Lucifer made us more than dumb animals. Why is he the bad guy again?

You're all retarded.

There cannot be free will if there is an omnipotent God. Being all-knowing, he would be aware exactly which of us would turn out devout Christians and which wouldn't.

In the old testament God is largely a prick. The new testament is more about God being love.

Why does everyone reference Lucifer as Satan? Lucifer is only mentioned in the bible as the brightest star in the nights sky.

Ah, and here we have the ignoramus projecting false wisdom.
Rope, you need it.

But... man changed the bible to accommodate today's world. They've removed some very important books such as adam and eve and the book of Enoch.

>lol im smater than you

Nah, you're just retarded. Sorry you had to find out this way.

Look up Luciferianism. He's treated similarly to Prometheus- he's the bringer of knowledge. I've always understood the snake to be nonspecific, but I'm going with the more common terminology. Why, though? Why do people say it's God's master plan and our trial but when he created us we were immortal and ignorant? It doesn't make sense.

Intelligent comeback, did you have someone else think of that for you?

amazing argument guys keep it up

I agree, George Carlin said it best.

Nah, I'm not retarded like you so I think for myself. I don't have a tard wrangler to dictate my thoughts for me, unlike yourself. Because you're retarded.

What do you believe in user? Since you're so busy to point the finger at someone. Let's hear it!

Are you still talking you fucking mongoloid.
Wipe your goddamn ass, you stink!

Nah, I don't need to explain myself to a retard. I mean you wouldn't even understand what I'd say on account of your mental retardation.

It's always amusing when retards try to use big words to sound smart. Even though you're only repeating what you've seen and have no idea what you're truly saying. It must be a magical experience to be retarded like you guys.

I will only mention one aspect that is very wrong. Most people that go through "bad things" end up imitating the abuser, harming other and continuing the cycle. Social and economical imbalances usually cause bad future actions. That can be seen in the amount of imprisonment and crimes in poor neighborhoods.

my parents aren't omnipotent though

Read Paradise Lost.

It is 100 times better than Genesis. Plus it has Milton's Satan in it, who is one of the best characters in all of English Literature.

Also Lotz A FukkeN.
>tfw you will never fuck Eve without lust and without sin before the fall

Someone didn't get enough attention as a child.

Nah, I got plenty attention. From my parents mostly. Unlike you who spent most of your time with your personal tard wrangler because you're retarded.

it's almost like the staunch evangelicals who wrote all of this religious rhetoric are completely uneducated about basic human history and elementary school physics

Yeah, cuz humans are fallible.
Don't listen to fucks that don't understand their own history, my dude. I'm an atheist, but I can appreciate some aspects of Christianity (the basis of a lot of western culture is Christianity, after all).

Constantine fucked up the bible, but he also codified it. It's weird that the churches don't paint him as some divinely inspired dude trying to "fix" the bible, since they're so keen on his version of it.

No, what you said actually helps prove my argument further. Most people go through bad things and end up as the imitator, yes. That's called "weeding out". Jesus didn't do this, and Jesus is supposed to be a representation of what to aim for when striving for self-improvement.

Yes he is the bad guy he is a sexist fucktard

I bet you're a woman posting during her unclean period, begone wench it's your obligation to separate yourself during the red tide to not taint the spirit of man with your filth.

Can we all agree on Fuck Calvinism?

>God chose a certain select group of people before the universe was created that would always get into heaven
>This group ("the elect", to use puritan terminology) will ALWAYS get into heaven. ALWAYS.
>No one knows who is and is not elect
>but there's still free will
>everybody else is pretty much screwed lol
>Your deeds on earth don't matter for shit
>If Hitler was chosen by God, he'd get into heaven regardless
>You can't become elected
>You just have to hope you are

I explained that very poorly, but Calvinism MISSES THE DAMN POINT of Christianity.

>satan trips
oh hi there

replace the word "parents" with "god". God is your parent in the essence that he created you.

Sounds like star maths and wishy thinking to me. All religions are packed with extra clauses and loopholes that let people feel like they're going to be rewarded.

Removing Christianity from the equation, nearly all of the mainstream religions promise that being selfless and a "good" person will allow you access to heaven, or some variant. People threaten non-believers and bad people with hell, but act in a specific way (against their natural behavior) in order to be allowed into heaven. Isn't that selfish? They use the idea of the strong moral code and being selfless as the reason religion is great, but it turns out they selfishly want an eternity of whatever they want (endless resources to be gluttonous, women to sleep with at will etc).

God is simulacrum of parents, who barred their children from full knowledge about life. This caused so called "mind viruses" which then weakened the body causing illnesses and made then prone to infection by viruses and bacteria.

OpSo I was raised Catholic, parents dragged me to church every Saturday, went to Catholic grade school, hs, had confirmation, all that shit. We were always taught the bible was "lessons" on how to live right, yada yada yada. Now being 30 and seeing how all this prayer and everything hadn't done shit for me infuriates me to no end. Yes I am an asshole a lot of the time, but I do everything I can for my family, friends and try to live a good honest life. I don't believe this shit that's written in the bible and don't really know why I feel like I'm constantly being punished. I am completely done with the Catholic church.

Underrated

>which bible
>which part
these are important. Jesus = a new god to save you from (((God))).

>don't take the Bible too literally.
tell it to charismatic christiants
then post video, if you survive

No offense, but this shows a big flaw both in religion and religious people. You are (were) a Christian because you believed you would be rewarded for being a good person. You doubt it because you're getting any payoff for your effort. Isn't that selfish as fuck? The entire idea promotes being selfish and acting under the guise of being good in order to profit later. The idea of Heaven goes against religion in my opinion. Anyone who wanted to follow the word of God and be a good person would have no need for Heaven later on, they would do it for the good of others.

Yes, put the blame on them for your inability to think rationally and with patience like everyone else there. It's their fault their methods aren't perfect, clearly not yours. You're a special snowflake, so you might as well be treated as one, too.

If all you're going to do is act like an asshole, then it's no surprise that everyone around you will think of you as one.

I don't think it's selfish as I should be treated the way I treated others. Instead I had a ton of really fucked up shit happen to me and it still does. I just want to know why. Why do I kill myself working everyday for hardly shit, can't get a better job, can't catch a break. Then there's people who just exploit others and get everything handed to them on a golden spoon. Why isn't god looking out for me?

>The entire idea promotes being selfish and acting under the guise of being good in order to profit later.
Who says that those type of people, the people who only do good deeds for their selfish desires, are allowed? Are you saying that you make up the rules as to who comes in and who goes out the gates of heaven?

You have to legitimately believe the bible to be true. If you only did it for your selfish desires, obviously that would show in your personality.

is the story about keeping faith under any circumstance. Idk about god but I don't judge you for not doing so, and I don't think most people can with honest hearts.

see aim to bettering your life yourself. god isn't your babysitter who will give you everything for free. he will help you only if you ask out loud for his help and follow his rules. no one is given a 'golden spoon', they worked hard to attain what they have themselves.

No it isn't you shitlord it's like me pulling out a fucking fairy tale book and saying it's a credible source for the existence of unicorns and elves. Fuck off shepards weren't even in their fields during that time of the year.

So by me changing my ideas, personality makes it wrong. Well clearly the other way wasn't working, hadn't ever worked, so why continue?

You have no idea what my life is like to judge me. I force myself to get out of bed just because i hate waking up. I do everything i can and it's still not enough.

I'm not claiming to make up the rules. Assume the follwing two scenarios, assuming what you say is correct.

>a man with selfish intentions prolongs the act of being a good person his entire life, always help others and donates and never harms another form of life. He attends church and would be considered by us to be a good person, but his sole intention is to reach heaven for his own benefit and seek recognition for his positive acts

>a person who always means well makes mistakes frequently, but he is always genuinely sorry. He may not be perfect, he made some bad choices, but he believes in God down to his core.

Are you saying the first man would be rejected from Heaven and the second would pass? If so, what's the point in this "trial" if 99% of the rules and teachings are pointless?

/thread
>he's right you know

Nah, I'm agnostic, but have read the bible just to see what all the shit posts were about. I've seen churches goto war against each other, we can all agree whatever the plan "is" isn't that bullshit.

When did I say anything about heaven?

I tried, I really did until earlier this year. I just gave up. I wish things would have been different, but they're not.

OP, unsure if you're still here, but do a bit of research into Theistic Satanism. Try meditating on the demon sigils and see if it's for you. If it isn't, so what? You get some meditation in and that helps either way. If it is for you, you may live a life full of splendor and self-fulfillment.

I understand and I don't want everything for free. I do get satisfaction, as corny as this may sound, from putting in a hard days work. All I want is for one thing to work out for me, just one. Is that selfish or reasonable?

Has it benefited you? I feel like that's along the lines of witchcraft, and we all know witchcraft is for emo teenyboppers.

>why isn't god looking out for me?
Because he's not real
>Christianity is just another copy religion out of the many others that had came before it

It has benefited me. I dedicated myself to Satan on October 12th, 2016 and I've meditated daily since then. Now, when I get deeply into meditative trance, I can hear the voice of Beelzebub, my guardian demon, telling me how I am going to do great things soon. I've got a current project I'm working on which I believe to be linked to this. Ever since I've dedicated myself, I've felt happier in every way. I do things better, too. I've practiced my singing for years and only after my dedicated did I learn to truly love my voice. It helps in all areas, user.

>and we all know witchcraft is for emo teenyboppers.
I'm guessing you don't want to be rich? Okay than. Also kek at the teenyboppers

Matthew 5:16 "In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."

Notice how it says to give glory to your Father who is in heaven, not yourself. People can call themselves a prophet of god, but if they are lying, then they are a blasphemer. They do not believe the word of God, they only wish to seek the salvation that comes with believing in God. By the book, yes, they would go to hell if they truly did what they did only for their own glory.

Refer to the quote above for that, too. He believes God down to his core, meaning that he is not hesitant to give God glory. A man with past mistakes can be forgiven and does not have a selfish mind any more.

It's not pointless in the slightest. Not everyone thinks for profit, believe it or not. The ones who do are weeded out and brought to heaven. The ones who do listen to all of the teachings and rules will be brought to the gates.

Damn checked. You have my attention.

Gotta do what you have to to survive.

Nice trips.
The main reason I don't tell irls that I'm a Satanist is because I don't want to be lumped in with the edgy crowd. It's not edgy if it's a genuine belief in Satan as your true god.

>The entire idea promotes being selfish and acting under the guise of being good in order to profit later.
And because of this, you don't believe it. I understand.

What I'm trying to say is that you're assuming the minds of every christian out there. There are some who do go into religion for the selfish output that they desire, yes, but that's not at all every single person. Who are you to assume that everyone thinks just like you? A lot of Christians out there do what they do because they believe that it's genuinely the correct thing to do. They aren't concerned with the payout. Attend a church if you don't believe this.

Wait... so basically, you're saying you've sold your soul? I don't believe in God/Satan. I don't rule out entities either powerful/weak good/bad, but to say there is a Satan is to say there is a God.