/chart/

New chart thread for the sake of all that is holy
Other one has gone to complete shit

Make sure to rec and not lazypost or anything
I will come back with recs for some cool dudes

from last thread:
I have been really getting bored of the music I usually enjoy, the stuff on pic related, I mean, I love it all the same, it just doesn't click with me like it used to. I need a new favorite album.

Other urls found in this thread:

caddywhompus.bandcamp.com/album/the-weight
youtube.com/watch?v=9cXcLiRj31c
youtube.com/watch?v=RD4pSxvgtQM
youtube.com/watch?v=RQbXWD7l4vw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Giant Web - Dark Claw (for OPN)

blooooo

what's everyone's favorite jim o'rourke release out of his free improv releases?

Whats that album between lemon kittens and LRD?

I appreciate the rec but I have listened to Giant Claw quite a bit back in the day. Good stuff though :)

+Aphex
+Noisebloom
+Your Infamous Harp

Check out Imaginary Softwoods - Imaginary Softwoods

old chart i found, but kinda sorta relevant i guess
>palmless prayer that high up
:(
>jesu
you need to try Angelic Process
rec caddywhompus.bandcamp.com/album/the-weight
dont ask me why

Festival by Richard Youngs
Nostalgic soundscape-y ambient, perfect for walking on ocean piers alone at 4:00 pm

>>palmless prayer that high up
>:(
The location of albums on my chart mean nothing. My chart should not be seen as a ranking of 100 albums, but as a chart of 100 albums I enjoy.

>you need to try Angelic Process
I have I enjoy them.

you'd probably enjoy Master Musicians of Bukkake - Totem Two if you haven't heard it before

Doronco Gumo - Old Punks

Autistic Daughters - Uneasy Flowers

Thanks for the rec, noted.

bump

Just for a change of taste, try Visible Cloaks - Reassemblage
+Autechre
+Newsom
Nice background color.
Vanilla - Origin

ah. i figured bigger albums > higher on your favourite list, or something.

I've also heard them before, this songis goat
youtube.com/watch?v=9cXcLiRj31c
cheers. sadly i dont have anything for you, chart2obscure4me, only recognize current 93

>ah. i figured bigger albums > higher on your favourite list, or something
yeah that's just the format they've forced upon me. i just arbitrarily place them. but yeh i love that song good shit. is that your favorite sunn release? the one with boris?

used to be into oo void a lot but i love me some MYYY WAAAALLL on white1. Altar is great but it's kinda strange to compare it to Sunn solo stuff imo. like this one's so special, and far from the white/oo void stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=RD4pSxvgtQM

murmuüre
klaus Schulze - x
paul dolden - who has the biggest sound?

>bats
that's something i haven't seen in a while

fuck you don't tell me what to not do

ITT great bands that hype forgot i guess

CHART THREADS ARE DEAD

THANK YOU LAZYPOSTERS
H
A
N
K

Y
O
U

and nothing of value was lost

I hope I actually get some reccs PLEASE

King Gizz - Quarters

Television Personalities - The Painted Word

Boredoms - Pop Tatari

David Bowie - Hunky Dory

Neutral Milk hotel - In the aeroplane Over the Sea
Radiohead - Kid A
Slint - Spiderland

I dont don't understand irony anymore so thanks for the recc

fuck off I gave him a rec in the last thread and he started this one

all shit

2nd gen - irony is

peste noire

yo mind hitting me up with a rec? i like your taste

++ parson sound
very cool

infinite body - carve out the face of my god

heldon - heldon II: allez teia
i like this chart

the horrors - strange house
four tet - rounds
pantha du prince - black noise

>Even Oxen
1999 - What is loved will never die
A Girl Named Faye - Sweet Amber Rain

>infinite body - carve out the face of my god
listening to Dive right now and it's almost exactly what i wanted. it's not as noisey and loud as i'd like, a bit on the light side. but thanks a lot.
I'm gonna take a chance and recommend you Little Kid - Logic Songs. Great lofi bedroomcore. They played live with car seat headrest once so that's basically only why i'm reccing it

Some good taste up in this thread

Try some Tangerine Dream my guy

Get some Digable Planets & some DJ Screw in you my dude

Check out Saetia, Fugazi, and Bitch Magnet's 'Umber'

I'll think about some recs and come back to you later

Bad Timing is still so great

Only un-obvious recs please or just guess things about me

I rec'd in my second post kys.

here's a song i like. you like it too i'm sure but maybe not this one if you get what i mean
youtube.com/watch?v=RQbXWD7l4vw

R. Stevie Moore - Delicate Tension (1978)
Kleenex Girl Wonder - Ponyoak (1999)
Лeoнид Фёдopoв [Leonid Fedorov] - Лилoвый дeнь (2003)

your taste is just so all over the place, i can't tell if it's contrarianism or some kind of dadcore poptimism or what

have you tried Television before? Marquee Moon is GOAT

Serge Gainsbourg or Scott Walker may also be up your alley but it's hard to say

heard the second one. haven't heard the first one though. listening to it right now and its pretty good. thanks

i've heard it. thanks though. glad you like infinite bodies. check out their other work too. carve out the face of my god is probably their best work but they have some other good stuff

Every once in a while a chart speaks to me so much that I have to listen to everything I haven't heard from it. This is one such case. Would recommend Imaginary Sonicscape by Sigh, and Doppelganger by Fall of troy.

groovy, thanks

any recs appreciated

how about you rec some other people first

i recommend being a better contributor to the thread

heard em
Bitch Magnet are underrated as fuck, relative to Slint

Doppelgänger would probably be on there if this wasn't a recent-favorites-bias chart
Sigh were actually kind of disappointing to me, Unexpect did everything i was hoping Sonicscape would. Hail Spirit Noir are a p interesting Sigh-like band though

meme bts album
meme anco album
meme flaming lips album
not even best modest mouse album
not even best pavement albun
not even best dinosaur jr album

i'll give you NO RECS

you should listen to that one jazz album Bull of Heaven did, it's #261
and
Ekkehard Ehlers / Joseph Suchy / Franz Hautzinger – Soundchambers

hold up cowboy is that a real bull of heaven rec? what sorcery is this, i thought they were ALL meme garbage?

i've listened to that leonid fedorov album before and i wasn't into it then but listening to it now i like it a lot more for some reason, strange. i also really like kleenex girl wonder and r stevie moore thanks

>heard em
don't mean to be a hater but i'm always surprised when music people have heard doesn't show up on charts when it's clearly better (than, say, MCR or Asking Alexandria or whatever)

how about some Polvo, some Unwound (overrated but still p good) or Moss Icon's 'Lyburnum'

oh and definitely check Rodan's 'Rusty'

nah there's like 4, 5 decent one-off releases between the meme garbage

thank you my guy

Personally I find Unexpect a bit exhausting, whereas Sigh has more memorable songs I can keep coming back to. But anyways for other recs: you might like the first Foxy Shazam album.

>it's clearly better
naaah, i like MCR's pop appeal and AA's glossy production way too much, among other things
Hot Cross > Saetia from what I've heard

oh yeah i actually haven't heard Polvo yet btw so good on you
Moss Icon doesn't look like my kinda sorta thing but it seems like it's probably worth hearing anyways so i'll give them a shot i guess

>i like
yeeeaah but we're not talking about subjective things here
and I don't mean to suggest that i believe there are any objective parameters for measuring music but I do subscribe to the ideology of New Criticism - and "pop appeal" and "glossy production" don't float as far as critical theory goes

I have not heard of Hot Cross so I'm taking that as a rec - ty

It's my taste dude, although some user here called me cool by virtue of being uncool so the dad thing works

Marquee Moon is of course the goat dude, that shit is W I L D

Never was big into Gainsbourg, but I'll try again. Love Walker though, his baroque work is fuego

Four Tet was awesome, thanks for that!

Stopped after Jack the Ripper, that song was pretty bad. I'll come back to the album sometime in the future tho

cool cool, so you're allgood with baroque pop in general?

that being the case maybe see if you like Louis Philippe's "Appointment With Venus" - sneaky gem from 1989

i'm still trying to think of more recs for you though

da ba dee

I'm guessing you're the same dude as above, so you already reccd me Gainsbourg and this guy, so that's good enough for me

Where's your chart, feel obligated to give some back

Animal Collective - Campfire Songs (best imo)

Damien Jurado - Maraqopa

well i just don't give a shit about your ideology and happen to think those are completely valid reasons to like :) and praise something for even if they may seem "superficial", because everything you could come up with at all is valid, if it's sincere at least. and criticism based on constructed criteria and theories of art is disingenuous

let's keep it civil my guy

>sincerity will result in validity
that's naive and overly defensive isn't it? if people didn't feel that their taste aligned so closely with their identity then i suspect we'd see far fewer people clutching for tools like subjectivity (and sincerity etc etc)

my chart is :)
but do check out Louis Philippe! I promise you it's coolio

>that's naive and overly defensive isn't it?
if you see it that way it may be, to me it's just how i feel

now in your opinion, what sort of motions do i have to go through, what boxes to check to pass judgement on an album etc?

argh ok i'm sorry if i offended you - i really didn't mean to

we're not on the same page here so i'm dropping the yarn

peace to you and yours

yo anyone know some stuff thats in the vein of machine girl?

Shit, I just posted in the other one a few minutes ago... anyway. Again, I don't feel like replying to all.
You make stupid jokes that only your friends laugh at because they know they suck but they are your friends and they're nice with you and you're nice with them so everyone is ok.
Something about you feels hollow.
Anathema - Judgement
Maybe you'll like it or something.
You look cool.
Uh... I don't know what to say about and I'm only replying because you reply to the others and that's nice so I wanna be nice with you.
Listen to Colour Green by Sibylle Baier.

Lazyfags BTFO.

Priests – nothing feels natural
Tuxedomoon – desire

tim buckley - happy sad
giuseppi logan - giuseppi logan quartet

shady - world

lilys - in the presence of nothing

judee sill - s/t
scott walker - tilt

you didn't, don't worry, didn't mean to come off that way but i admittedly did try to make this sound confrontational to heat things up because it coulda turned out interesting. on the other hand i'm too tired for a lengthy debate over stuff that hardly matters so i'll just read the New Criticism wiki and see if i can get anything out of their points
good night user, maybe some other time i'll give you a rundown on why Stand Up and Scream is a 9/10 ~intersubjectively~

Oof, Man Down the Stairs is a helluva track. Good stuff here.

If you like Eliane, check out the Lappitetes. Reminds me a lot of the "chillwave" post-punk subgenre, along with some glitchy sections thrown in for good measure

Also, you might like the Weird World of Blowfly, dirty stuff

Sibylle Baier is very pleasant my guy, thanks for the reply

your taste is pretty swell so i'de just recommend anything from my chart that you haven't heard and you think looks swell

scott walker is great - i'll be sure to check out judee sill

read books! wikipedia is very helpful but ultimately you need more content than it provides to get into critical theory
talking intelligently about art is tantamount to encouraging more good art in the world :)
good night brethren

>your taste is pretty swell so i'de just recommend anything from my chart that you haven't heard and you think looks swell
Listened to most of your stuff already, but evem when I knew about Andrew Hill I never listened to nothing by him, so I'll try it.

bump