/vinyl/ general

Been wasting all my money on pre-orders so I haven't had any cops in a while.

Post recent cops, vinyl discussion and general autistic shit.

The vinyl for Crying's Beyond The Fleeting Gales is hella nice btw.

The 12" version (amnesiac) they made in September 2016 sounds really good except for side C which isn't as good

>mfw favorite album's vinyl only has one pressing and it's absolute garbage

even worse when there's only one pressing and its some bullshit that's been price gouged

Had to stop crate digging for a while. Ran out of space for new LPs. Again.

>finally have Giles Corey and Deathconsciousness after 2 years
fgm

Which album, out of curiosity?

Which POs, out of curiosity?

>Which POs, out of curiosity?
Hoops - Routines
Alex G - Rocket
Thundercat - Drunk
Freddie Gibbs - You Only Live 2wice
Denzel Curry - Imperial

Are we aloud to talk about gear? I found these in my parents garage, and curious if they're any good.
>Toshiba Stereo Amp SB-M36
>Toshiba Cassete Deck PC-G22
I'm gonna build a system once my taxes come in, and I thought these would save me some dough. Thoughts

I'm too susceptible to hype for these things, I had to physically restrain myself from also pre-ordering the new Migos and Jay Som records, as well the vinyl release of NV's Binasu, which I might still end up getting.

Although of those five, I pre-ordered two of them after hearing them (Thundercat and Denzel Curry) and the other three are all can't miss in my opinion. Freddie Gibbs being the one I'm most worried about, but I'd be pretty shocked if he released anything less than a 7. The cover is also gold, so it's worth owning just for that tbhaitch.

>he buys new vinyl
woahahhahahahaha

>he buys readily available vinyl that can be bought at any time for $15

>copped the Texas Jerusalem crossroads repress
feels good man

Be careful man...

When I first got into vinyl years ago, for the first year or so, I pretty much preordered every release from artists that interested me. This lead to my collection being full of albums I liked but not *loved*. My thinking is that if I'm going to spend $20 on a record, why not spend it on an album I know is wonderful and will be happy with in my collection? I'm in the process of selling about 50 albums right now because I regret not spending my money on albums that I completely love, which there are a ton of.

Thanks for the advice. That's actually a really good thinking point.

While I think artists like Hoops, Alex G and Freddie Gibbs are all can't miss, I'm sure you've thought that about plenty of the records you pre-ordered.

Most of my vinyl budget has been going towards upcoming releases, so I guess I really should get to looking at some of the classics in my, for lack of a better term, backlog.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but as someone who's been buying vinyl for years, and pre-ordering just as much, there have been maybe 3 pre-orders I've regretted in full. Refused's last album is a glaring example. I buy more than the scope of "10/10" albums, because if I did that I'd only have a crate of records. I think it's okay to pre-order records and keep them even if they turn out to be 7s, 8s, or 9s. But it makes a lot more sense to practice than mentality AFTER you've caught up buying all the 10s on your backlog.

I had a similar problem when I was a lot younger and had just started collecting, in that I started buying every thrift shop LP I found that caught my interest. Now I have several hundred discs that I haven't even toughed in a decade. I think it's time to purge.

bump

>boy, Id sure like to pick up the blade runner soundtrack
>$60+

I saw that reissue all the time a couple years back. Surprised it's gone up so much.

Why do you guys buy vinyl?

I buy vinyls because there is no feeling that tops physically owning your favorite music

Mainly for collection.

My headphone set-up costs a lot more than my vinyl set-up, so I'm actually getting worse sound quality when I listen to them.