Holy shit

holy shit

congrats on listening to the sonic jew user
carly rae jepsen is the textbook definition of a plant

so fucking overrated. People listen to this album because it's one of the only pop albums it's "Cool" to like because it's p4k approved etc, and think "wow this is so good" because they realize they like pop music, but don't realize that the album isn't even that great of an example of good pop music.

who's got em

I got em too

you must be fun one

Boy trouble

I've got doubles

we've got double

don't know what to do

holy kek

>We've got double
>digits
congrats user, you win

That wasn't funny...

holy shit

Carly Bae Jepsen

Emotion>all that>when I needed you>run away with me>let's get lost>boy problems>making the most of the night>run away with me>I really like you>warm blood>your type>black heart

name a better pop album (recent)

>your type that low
first of all how dare you

Lemonade
ANTI
Beyoncé
Art Angels
The Pinkprint
Joanne

>1989
lul good one

in terms of genre? Kishi Bashi's Sonderlust is better, Lady Gaga's The Fame (if that's recent enough, if not I also thought Joanne was better), i don't love 1989 much but I honestly thought it was at least as good too. "Anti" was better, Sky Ferreira's "Ghost" EP, Bonzai's "Lunacy" EP, "Dangerous Woman" was at least as good I thought, Chairlift's "Moth", off the top of my head

>1989
DISCARDED

i like it because the production is top tier, i love singing/mouthing the words, and it has a masturbation-worthy cover

>Beyoncé
>1989
>Art Angels
kek

What is your dislike for Black Heart and Warm Blood? Those are quality jams, man.

LA Hallucinations > Warm Blood > Black Heart > Emotion > Run Away With Me > Let's Get Lost > I Really Like You > Your Type > Gimmie Love > Love Again > Making The Most Of The Night > When I Needed You > I Didn't Just Come Here To Dance > Boy Problems > Never Get To Hold You > Favorite Color > All That

B Side
Store > Fever > Body Language > Roses > First Time > The One > Higher > Cry

yeah but it has a reputation as being some insane 10/10 diamond in the rough, a "patrician" pop masterpiece. it's a fine pop album, fun enough, but that's about it

yea I don't see it being much higher than an 8. I'm a big poptimist desu.

"LA Hallucinations was a jam"
>insert Rick and Morty .gif here

>10/10 diamond in the rough
I've never seen anyone call this album a 10/10.

To what are you referring? I am not saying LA Hallucinations is a jam, I am saying it was my favorite song on the album.

Everything Everything - Get To Heaven

oh I totally agree LA Hallucinations is the best song off the album

i have for sure. this album has a capital f Following, and a lot of people who don't usually listen to pop have given it some kind of special seal of approval since it's one of the only times they've heard a decent pop album.

yea same, but i hate that the term "poptimism" exists, it kind of implies that poppiness is a niche or lesser quality of music that you have to be a certain kind of person to like. I mean we don't have "raptimism" or "Rocktimism", we just assess the music for what it is and if you like it you don't have to wear a special "raptimist" label. just goes to show how unfairly maligned pop music is in "serious" music spheres

Robyn - Body Talk which is also P4K approved, I think.

carly rae jepsen is fucking trash

Put it off for a couple years and finally got around to listening to it this past week.

>expect a more mature pop album
>get "boy problems" from a woman approaching 30

What the fuck is this. The only good song on the album is "E-MO-TION" since it's the only song where she actually sounds like a woman. I want to bang the CRJ singing on that song, not the teenage girl singing on all the others.

congrats on filling your pop music quota

Honestly all the songs just sound approximately the same to me, production values or not.

TEN FEET

TEN FEET TALL

Carly Rae Jepson- Side B

HOLY SHIIIIT

If you liked it listen to PRIEST - PRIEST (2015). Similar high quality girly synth pop.

holy shit beach house sucks

delte thsi

Tfw no qt low album sales gf

iktf

>hating on 1989

Watch out guys, your interior pleb is showing

1989 is just boring, it has a couple of good tracks, but a lot of it is filler. New Romantics is great though

Art Angels is def. better than Emotion

TYPICAL FUCKING GRIMESFAG FUCK OFF AND KILL YOURSELF

>"boy problems" from a woman approaching 30
that's kinda hot

Red Velvet-The Red

>sonic jew

keeeeeeeeeeeeek