1. Your country

1. Your country
2. What do you think of the nuking of Japan?
Does the average person in your country think the nuking of Japan by America was an overreaction to the attack on Pearl Harbor?

I think the same thing that has been said in the last 500 threads asking the same fucking question.

1. flag
2. deserved it
3. see above

What a refreshing and original topic.

what's the white stuff on bruce's arm

It was good but you should have nuked Germany aswell

crux

It was justified and they deserved it.

Two nukes weren't enough.

Also this

Very sad but the Japanese army were absolutely rabid at the time.

that was already justified and hence I long for nuking at China when it has a battle with the US before long.

oh no

I'm reticent.

It def wasn't just because of Pearl Harbor, but more so because attacking mainland Japan would have costed so many lives and the war would have lasted several years longer than it did.

They got us back and made our generation social retards with anime so I'd say they got us back good.

The last time in the military history when the "Shock and Awe" actually worked in the grand scale.

Hasn't worked since.

now that the dust has settled, seeing how the eternal nippon proceeded to bring much worse shit to the world (read: anime) i think it's fair to say that they deserved it all and more

what's so bad about anime?

Massacre the civilians because they attacked the army.
Americans slaughter a child while laughing.
That is America 's justice.
Very objectionable.

>2. What do you think of the nuking of Japan?

Terrible idea, but considering everything at that moment, I can't blame Truman that much for using it. It was not obvious to anyone that Japan was going to surrender as soon as they saw how the Soviet invasion crushed their army and they knew they were next if they didn't sign out peace.

On the positive side, the horrors there worked as a deterrence for both USSR and USA about using those weapons again.

>Does the average person in your country think the nuking of Japan by America was an overreaction to the attack on Pearl Harbor?

Yes, they do.

>implying this story checks out

The Japanese High Command instituted martial law after the Soviet invasion and Hiroshima. They prepared to fortify the island for invasion until news of Nagasaki hit. Even after that, they spent days in deadlock debating over the terms of surrender until Hirohito himself forced the issue - which resulted in an attempted coup.

This modern revisionist idea that the Soviet breakthrough at Manchuria had more impact on the Japanese than two of their cities getting nuked is ludicrous and designed to demean the American impact on the course of the war in favor of more Russian circlejerking.

Japan was already willing to discuss terms of surrender. Completely unjustifiable.

"With regard to unconditional surrender we are unable to consent to it under any circumstances whatever. ... It is in order to avoid such a state of affairs that we are seeking a peace, ... through the good offices of Russia. ... it would also be disadvantageous and impossible, from the standpoint of foreign and domestic considerations, to make an immediate declaration of specific terms."

They wanted to keep their emperor, that's why they refused an unconditional surrender. Seeing how they got to keep him, even after unconditionally surrendering there was literally nothing to be gained from pushing them closer to the brink of complete annihilation.

>implying the US was even involved in wwii
Never forget the 11 bazillion soviets who died/froze to death in wwii.

japan
totally justifiable and two was clearly not enough.

Haven't you heard, user? America has never done anything good but in fact is the cause of most bad things that have ever happened.

1. flag
2. pic related

Should have nuked us instead so we can deny warcrimes too lmao.

should have just executed him on the spot

>Muh innocents

Yeah I'm sure they were all sitting comy watching anime when the bombs dropped and not supporting and helping one of the most evil regimes of all time.

Plus almost all the American soldiers were just civilians pulled into it by the nips anyway.

Murica, the nuking of japan wasn't a direct response to the attacks on pearl harbor.

The reason that we had to end the war in that way was because of the mindset of the Japanese in that time period. In the final days of the island hopping campaign we saw the Japanese become more and more desperate to slow the American war machine from taking soil on the Japanese mainland. They were training anyone that could hold a gun or a could carry a suicide vest to attack the Americans, had we entered mainland japan in a traditional ground war the losses on both sides would have been innumerable and horrific.

The bombing was a necessary evil that ended many thousands of lives but ultimately saved hundreds of thousands more by preventing another campaign on the Japanese mainland.

kek

bullshit you wanted to get there before the soviets and show them you arent dicking around

Japs were literal savages who committed countless atrocities and any kinds of inhumane warcrimes against innocent asians. Not only the soldiers but whole the nation passionately supported the war. Japs just deserved extermination, two was too little.

Can't understand why only two nukes are magnified.
Bombing of Tokyo was real deal.

Well trained dogs.

The nukes have been somewhat dehumanised whereas burgers can't really bring up the firebombing on Tokyo without everyone behind reminded of just how fucking cancerous their disgusting there nation is for doing such acts. There is no possible way to justify such war crimes so they ignore it.

>1. Your country
Germany
>2. What do you think of the nuking of Japan?
disgusting. but i think the whole war was dumb too

>the whole war was dumb too
how so

killing is bad

sometimes a bad thing done for a good reason makes all the difference between good and evil

>Americans slaughter a child while laughing.

Japanese don't laught when kiling a child, because one can't laught while cumming.