Been saving up and found one of these bad boys used. Is a R34 worth it? General Car thread

Been saving up and found one of these bad boys used. Is a R34 worth it? General Car thread.

how much?

$17,500 CAD its about 2000KM away from me. But its my dream car, and It has a left hand drive conversion and is fully compliant to CSB

>17,500
>R34
Either you're full of shit or it's a replica. No way will an R34 ever go for that

>17.5K
There's no way that car doesn't have anything wrong with it.
That's a fucking steal

at GTS or GT-T would - not a GTR

Canada. We had them imported, and you can import them here.

is it an R24 GTR ?

The car is a 1997 R34 Skyline Gtr, hes selling it for 25K and his 1992 Skyline for 17.5K Is it still worth it for an R34? I dont like the 92 so id get the 97. It has a left hand conversion and is CSB compliant. I dont know what has to be done on it but im willing to do work.

I find more attractive the R32.

97's were the R33 chassis moron

have you seen the car in person? Because if it is a 97 it is an R33 which looks pretty different from the car you posted in your original pic.

Sorry, I must be autsitic, because to me 1997 and 1999 are the same numbers. he one im looking at buying is the 1999. thats the $25K one.

if it doesnt have twin turbos its useless

25k seems like a decent deal if the KMs are low. I'd go for a RHD import and not some hacked up LHD swapped car if I were you though. You don't want someone elses project nightmare. Trust me I've been there.

are you one of those people that thinks twin turbos are automatically better than single turbos?

So I should walk away from it? it is quite a drive away from me. I was going to trade him my car and pay him. So i should just find a RHD then?

because they are cuck

Use your money on any other JDM car, and if you're not from U.K. or Japan have fun using it legally. Get a Supra or RX-7 for $17,500.

not even close retard. Im not going to get into technical details but running two turbos of the same size actually is less efficient than running a single larger turbo in terms of building reliable power. That is because each turbo only gets half the amount of exhaust gasses as a single turbo and basically there is twice the amount of power loss due to friction of not one, but two bearings in the turbo. Oh and the amount of intake piping you need with a twin turbo set up is greater. The lengthier your intake piping, the more lag there is. There's a reason nobody makes true twin turbos anymore. Its all single turbo or bi-turbo (note: bi-turbo and twin turbo are not the same thing).

also, you're a retard

if you can find a RHD car I would get one. Unless the work is super good quality I would be very careful.

$25,000 for a 18 year old car, no I wouldn't say so, no matter how uselessly fast it may be.

fuck just realized that I said I wasn't going to get into technical details and then immediately went into technical details. Im going to bed.

good night faggots.

also OP, go to /o/ for better advice

Alright, thanks man.

Not uselessly fast. I have a $20K pickup and havent been more dissapointed in a vehicle. I would love a Skyline.

still worth checking out however. You might be able to find a LHD one cheaper because they are potentially less desirable. If the work is done well and the car is good then its a good deal. Most people who buy R34s want them RHD. I know I'd want my R34 to be RHD. Right side drive is fun.

when I say check out it doesn't necessarily mean go over and see it in person right away. Ask for more details on the conversion. Who did it, what methods, picture of the conversion, etc..

Ill do that. I want it for more practicality, and i've drivin an RHD one and didnt like it. Also, do oyu happen to know a reputable mod shop, or people that would do body work on a car in alberta canada?

3rd gen

Only 123k original miles on this.