Michael Cimino

RIP in piece, sweet prince
also, was Heaven's Gate good or bad? Discuss.

has anyone even seen anything apart from heaven's gate and deer hunter?

Literally who?

OP here. No I have not lol.

can we stop with these death threads for old ass actors no one has heard of

looks like a somewhat attractive older woman tbf

>not mentioning Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

Get a fucking education, fag

RIP Elvira Kurt
your Comedy Central special was GOAT

F

He looks like the old kardashian

>mfw i bought Heaven's Gate criterion on blu ray a few years ago, and still haven't bothered to watch it.

who?

DUDE BLOW LMAO

He's not an actor. He's an old ass director you've never heard of, you fucking chump.

He fucked up so badly with Heavens Gate that it was the end of studios letting directors having total control of their movies

It's real. Give him his sticky, mods.

>its true
MODS STICKY NAO

It's the facelifts and heavily-styled hair. Steven Tyler has the same look to him. Efforts to look younger on his part are unsurprising - even in the Seventies he presented himself as younger than he was, stating is year of birth as being 1943 rather than 1939.

this is the worst news in a long time

he was a true visionary and heaven's gate and deer hunter are completely unique masterpieces and will stay that way

i sort of thought he would make something else before dying

RIP

It's part of the reason UA isn't a major film company anymore.

good riddance you fucking hack
Sunchaser was awful

He singlehandedly killed New Hollywood by sinking United Artist yet I still love the work he did there

RIP Micheal Cimkino

Heaven's Gate is the most underrated movie of all time

Yeah just saw this on the news. RIP.

i'm really surprised that isn't mentioned more, then again a lot of films with Eastwood that he didn't direct or aren't westerns are never really brought up

year of the dragon is not a masterpiece.

I've been meaning to buy the Criterion Heaven's Gate as a casual purchase for ages but it's stocked in the place I always go.

Might as well plunk down a few dollars on Amazon because people jack up the price.

>was Heaven's Gate good or bad?
yes just like deerhunter

he was an autist who brought in capeshit blockbusters by bankrupting an entire studio

Valentino?

I have no respect for this fucking hack. Heaven's Gate is garbage.

nice meme

making him even less irrelevant

Head over to the trivia section for Thunderbolt & Lightfoot on IMDB and you'll find out that Cimino more or less said Eastwood is responsible for his career in Hollywood, because Eastwood was impressed with the script work he did on Magnum Force

The Sicilian is also worth checking out as well

No sticky?

>even less irrelevant

The Deer Hunter is garbage. He directed a couple movies with Clint Eastwood, but i haven't seen them. Are they any good?

THANK GOD

>The Deer Hunter is garbage

One of the greatest American director.
Deserved a better country.

It wasn't singlehanded, he was just the final straw. Scorsese, Friedkin,and Bogdanovich had big flops before and Coppola at the same time

Sticky when?

Had the pleasure of meeting Michael Cimino at a charity do once. He was incredibly down to earth, and VERY funny.

This man deserves a sticky

If only his movies had the same qualities lmao

heaven's gate is one of the greatest films of all time

So he's the guy to blame for mainstream hollywood movies all being terrible now?