Is there a documentary about how Occupy Wall Street failed?

Is there a documentary about how Occupy Wall Street failed?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SCwhlZtHhWs
youtube.com/watch?v=SCwhlZtHhWs
cc.com/video-clips/d4hmi3/the-colbert-report-colbert-super-pac---stephen-colbert-occupies-occupy-wall-street-pt--1
youtube.com/watch?v=x-MraD1Ys3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=18p23-mE4e0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It didn't fail.

5 years is a long time to be in denial user

It is time to let go

how did it fail? it created division, dissent and distraction. just as it was planned by it's wealthy benefactors. subversion is alive and well.

Usually a documentary asks a big question and then makes an attempt to answer it. Think of it as a long-form essay in film format. Occupy Wall St. failed for very obvious reasons. It was a bunch of disorganized leftists squatting in a financial district without any clear goals or means of accomplishing them if they had any. Sure the zeitgeist of the discontent at economic disparity is real, but not enough for the tipping point of any kind of revolution. All it took was cold weather for these "protesters" to go back to their bread and circuses. They never stood a chance.

Go watch a documentary about something less lame.

Just because there's still homeless people sleeping in parks across the country doesn't mean they are part of a movement

Yeah GamerGate didn't fail either lol.

Protip: Big money always wins

D E L U S I O N
E
L
U
S
I
O
N

What was gamergate's endgame? Did it have any?

yea it's available on YouTube

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SCwhlZtHhWs

The left would never make that movie.

How genuine outrage at a system turned into cultish far left faggotry.

GG succeeded in creating a unified opposition to SJWS. Post-GG Internet is a very different place.

However, I agree that they failed to achieve their stated strategic goal.

Harrass women in the gaming industry.

Yes. That youtube video. You know the one

kek

>>>/tumblr/

Stop corruption in the media.

S J W D E T E C T E D

That's the one I mean

>GG succeeded in creating a unified opposition to SJWS

That was Sup Forumss doing and the general Zeitgeist shifting.

SJWs still control the videogame industry so yeah GG lost.

This right here

Soro is King
>why be the king when you can control the king

Make journalists accountable for their breaches of ethics.

Why weren't YOU part of the revolution, user?

"ETHICS IN GAME JOURNALISM"

However, it should have been the destruction of all games journalism.

Nah, I have to disagree even though I'm a Sup Forumslack through and through.

>SJWs still control the videogame industry

Don't buy their games you idiot

No. A quick summary of gamegate is

A bunch of people pissed off at industry professionals for corruption calling them derogatory words, and then said professionals starting a defensive movement over the grounds of sexism.

Everyone lost the moment they started a reactionary argument with reactionary group as if videogame journalism wasn't completely corrupt in the first place anyway.

End result was fuck all change, made worse by the fact that gamergate is a confusing piece of shit you can't be pro- or anti- on picked up by the media and blown out of proportion to make money with.

The shit didn't matter in the first place.

>GG succeeded in creating a unified opposition to SJWS
No you didn't, you only elevated the status of the people you were trying to tear down. You Sup Forumsermin are hilariously delusional.

That needs to be defined further. I know it is a meme-phrase, but "what did they mean by this?"

>SJWs still control the videogame industry so yeah GG lost.

We got you to admit that the video game industry is run by SJWs because they were denying that point.

GG has successfully dismantled any trust or faith people had in the games media.

Politically driven gaming blogs/vlogs are failing left and right.

To deny our influence is just being contrarian.

Stop indie dev and journo nepotism. At least at first.

Michael Moore could make documentary about it and how America is evil and how everything in America is bad, how conservaties are blood thirsty monsters and everything in Europe is perfect, but for some reason he still chooses to live in USA.

The problem was that no one really gave a shit except for man-children who take their hobbies a little too seriously.

Man, I'm so sad that Jim left(twice now). He had a talent that could potentially be very useful.

The guy was too redpilled for GG

i warned you faggots when gamergate was first starting that it would just turn into another chanology

why didn't you listen?

The answer is simple. They got cut up into different SJW sects.

He left to spend more time with his mentally ill lesbian girlfriend.

Wonder if he's still ploughing that rice picker.

>it's a stormweenies spew preposterous antisemitic canards episode
ugh

How was she mentally ill? She drew pretty funny propaganda t.b.h

>having a qt Asian bi grill with huge tits as a gf
I am jelly af

I hold no ill will toward Jews in general, but Soros does seem to have his fingers in a whole lot of farther-left pies for a big Hillary contributor.

>Sup Forums ruining another thread

Fuck off with this GG bullshit. You faggots brought in an large influx of an immature demographic onto this site, gave a shitty OC and a thousands of dollars to some random feminist that claimed to be on your side, caused rampant harassment across the whole spectrum, and gave your community a bigger stigma than it already had.

And don't spout this bullshit about it being for the ethics of gaming journalism. You people just wanted to jump on the easy target being
a sexual scandal. If it really was about ethics, you people would have done something between 2009 and 2012 when even greater examples of of corrupt journalism were open.

Y
E
A
RULE

There's a story in it somewhere

but you'd need to work hard to find it

youtube.com/watch?v=SCwhlZtHhWs

Women aren't going to fuck you because you try to defend them online, you know that right?

So they focused on going after a female game dev instead of the male reporters. Brilliant.

thats why i can see the impact its efforts made when i look out my window everyday

A female game dev who slept her way to the top of the gaming press

>it's a libtard denying his puppet status episode

Don't know what those GG faggots expected.
It's like they're sheltered or something, anyone with half a brain knows 99% of journalism of any kind is either propaganda or shilling, even more when there's loads of money to be made off a product.
They only ended up giving more attention to professional feminists that are in it for the money like Anita and giving the media some flavor of the month subject to cash in on.

yes it did

it was absolutely embarrassing about how much of a complete failure of a movement it was, and Sup Forums as much as it tries to forget did take part in it

tbqh, the number of anti-SJW content creators and thei audience multiplied on YouTube after that.
So allies grew just as much as enemies.

>ugh
Fucking end yourself, redditfag

Ugh? What is with the faggotry? Fuck and die you worthless shit

The user that first brought up GG ITT () is obviously anti-Gamergate.

But keep blaming Sup Forums for the worsening state of Sup Forums, even though Sup Forums coexisted with the rest of Sup Forums for years until Gamergate brought a horde of uninvited SJW bitches to whine and "shame" any board that wasn't PC enough for them.

Sup Forums NEVER got blamed for the shitposting until Gamergate, it was always (correctly) identified as Sup Forums. Now you want me to believe that "manbabies" from Sup Forums are the shitposters? Even though exactly 0% of the shitposting is videogames related?

Go fuck yourself all the way back to Gawker.

You're the unwelcome one, dipshit

Requesting that Sup Forums reply that said occupy had no leadership and failed because there were no clear leaders or goals to further the cause

Soros sold out Jews in hiding to the Nazis. He's the anti semite.

Are ther more screencaps form the guy talking about Occupy on Sup Forums? I've long felt that this identity politics stuff is a large part why the the left has become irrelevent.

I find funny that SJW bullshit is all the American left ever talks about. It's like they're complteley fine that income inequality is skyrocketing and that the middle class is becoming non-existant, but transgender bathrooms are the great issue of our times.

Even fucking Sup Forums is more filled with SJWs now, let alone the rest of the godamn internet. Holy Christ I wish I lived in your head.

because it was ran by liberals

You literally have your own website to go to, cripplefag. Came crawling back, did you?

>if it didn't literally destroy the world then it had no impact
It raised awareness, if nothing else. The harassment claims were either false flags or routine internet trolling blown out of all proportion. Milo Yiannopolous, a journalist that took the side of Gamergate, had daily death threats and syringes full of brown gunk sent to his house. Not a peep from the media about that harassment.

But so many people saw through the one-sided media closing ranks that faith in the general media plummeted, Gawker and their subsidiaries lost credibility amongst all but the most delusional progressives (as well as millions in ad revenue from petitioned sponsors), and the corrupt mechanics of games "journalism" were laid bare for all to see.

It wasn't an efficient or Earth-shattering operation, but you can't say it was completely ineffective.

Who was a symptom and not a cancer.

Bunch of worthless faggots, anyway.
SNAP FINGERS

Yeah, except one side was getting looks on national television about it and a chance to make the other side look crazy. Which side was that again?

That's because it doesn't cost anything to the dominant classes.
Let's make issues about nothing and incite the poors to fight between themselves for scraps.

no, sorry

but I do have this video showing what faggots the SJWs were

cc.com/video-clips/d4hmi3/the-colbert-report-colbert-super-pac---stephen-colbert-occupies-occupy-wall-street-pt--1

>I find funny that SJW bullshit is all the American left ever talks about

From the '60s/'70s onwards the Left was taken over by upper-middle-class university-educated brats that changed the focus on "oppression" from class-based to gender/race/sexuality-based.

Now you've got media organisations like Vox saying that the only reason Boynie Sanduhs wants protectionism is so he can fuck over impoverished Third Worlders to secure the comfort of middle-class Americans threatened by free trade

>cites an example of another failed movement
>Sup Forums spergs out about it and blames everyone else for their reaction
Nothing new here.

What the fuck are you even talking about?
You really should have been a blow job.

To crush Gawker and their affiliates and Peter Thiel accomplished that.

ironically the left now protects outsourcing and mass immigration while the right complains about it.

The world is upside down.

youtube.com/watch?v=x-MraD1Ys3Q

Noble goal.

I don't know man did you play Depression Quest? I needed chemo after that shit

Assault on Wall Street

Well that was predictable. Should we cancel free speech because adversaries are on side of the establishment?
Sounds like you actually belong to those adversaries.

Peter Thiel is a closet NRxer. He is even bankrolling Moldbug's latest project.

Occupy Unmasked

I don't think it has much to do with GG

>ironically the left now protects outsourcing and mass immigration while the right complains about it.

It's like living on Clown World, 2bh.

We're only a year away from articles with headlines like "The Unconventional Racism of Opposing Wall Street Bailouts" from places like The Grauniad

>bunch of white kids sitting around complaining about lack of jobs instead of actually trying to get applications
>waaaah I can't get a job with my liberal arts degree!
Yea, it was one hell of a movement, alright.

Nigger what? I have no idea what you're trying to get at or how you got that from my post. Your reading comprehension is so skewed by your delusions that it's not even funny anymore. It's called picking your battles and predicting cause and effect if you want real results. Giving people who already have professional victim status more fuel for their fire is literally the last thing you should have done, you only made them look better and you look worse in the eyes of the people you should have been trying to convince.

You should have all made accounts with Arabic names and framed Muslims.

>doesn't know cripplechan
You really are the one that doesn't belong here.

No wonder that commie faggot Klabnik hates him so much.

No of course I didn't fucking play that game. You did?

OWS was originally started by highly qualified people. In the beginning, when only RT was covering it, I saw lawyers, professors, economists, veterans and so on giving highly articulate interviews. They had clear goals, a plan, and a shitload of optimism and determination.

Then a major US news outlet, possibly CNN, started covering it. Suddenly it was 100% hipsters, crazy homeless people, vague chanting about being "the 99%" and banners ranting about everything from weed to communism.

I saw a post from someone who was there at the start and saw the decline, and they said it was the SJWs that killed it. After a certain amount of time, the movement was forcefully co-opted by a group who claimed to represent the protest but only ever talked about identity politics. Anyone trying to discuss the corruption on Wall street was shouted down as "privileged," and made to wait until "oppressed minorities" had their say. Look up "progressive stacking" for more info on how that works.

Being constantly yelled at and called racist, misogynist or in some way bigoted for wanting to talk about something other than identity politics takes a toll. The qualified activists dropped out one by one, taking any chance for meaningful political reform with them.

SJWs killed OWS with the help of the mainstream media, who were all too happy to paint the movement as consisting of these aimless lunatics rather than having been infiltrated by them.

GG caused the influx of Redditors. The influx of SJWs is just the general liberalization of younger generations and oldfags leaving.

I wouldn't even blink if I read that

This is about as good as it gets.

For over a decade everyone knew that game journalists and the video game industry were partly in bed with each other. Back when magazines were still big, this was commonly joked about. It was at the point where anyone old enough to understand the connection viewed the games media with some skepticism.
Yeah everyone rememebers the gamespot Kane and Lynch 2 incident, but all that did was confirm what were already knew, that big game journalists were in league with the publishers. It was more accepted at the time because anyone who thought about it would understand that without the game publishers, the game journalists couldn't even exist. You cant go pissing on all your ad revenue.
Why GG was different was the fact that it wasn't a huge game publisher paying off journalists anymore. It was about some shitheads journalists who (allegedly) fucked some chick in exchange for favourable review scores. The idea was so laughable that it changed the way we thought about them. It wasn't just about the money anymore, or securing their jobs even. Just sex for press.

Regardless of if it actually happened or not, what followed was a stream of proof that the whole industry was shit, and definitively needed a purge. Of course that never happened, in fact if anything things got worse. All we can hope is that the memories of this shitty movement carry on and in the future can be used as an example when people again want change in the industry.

>Grauniad

Of course I did, where do you think my brain tumor came from? Smoking?

This is more plausible, but not every board is as bad as Sup Forums. Most boards are pretty Sup Forums

>Hitler's world is not so far away

God I hope so and I'm a shitskin

It stopped being about economics pretty quickly

youtube.com/watch?v=18p23-mE4e0

Social Justice seems to be the magic bullet for globalists and wall street to obscure any conversation.

>OWS was originally started by highly qualified people. In the beginning, when only RT was covering it, I saw lawyers, professors, economists, veterans and so on giving highly articulate interviews. They had clear goals, a plan, and a shitload of optimism and determination.

I remember this, the real life Godon Gekko was there aka Asher Edelman in the beginning.

I think the brain tumor caused you to think it might be a good idea to play Depression Quest.

All Goobergaters did was remind me how videogames are childish. I'm so glad film doesn't have these problems.

I have to remind myself that one is an art form of pure kino (Movies) while the other is for manchildren (Games).