So I have a killer PC but i still have random slowdowns in CS:GO

So I have a killer PC but i still have random slowdowns in CS:GO.

My setup:

> dual Core i7-5960Xs
>dual GTX 1080s
> Windows 10 (of course)

But still I randomly drop down to 20 fps. FML.

First person to solve this for me gets a 40-dollar CS:GO skin. For fuckin' real.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/ASovietUnicorn
support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01603067
steamcommunity.com/id/caffinefreedietcoke
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

drivers faggot

Turn DVR off in Xbox app
Check temps
Make sure drivers up to date
Turn off retarded video settings like v sync

Turn off vsync. That also stopped crashes on csgo for me.

Dual 5960? You have 2? Post your complete setup

Inhave the latest drivers

Way ahead of you.

I'm about ready to destroy this POS computer.

steamcommunity.com/id/ASovietUnicorn
im waiting faggot

Since the new update, people having issues with the HRTF option. Go into sound settings and disable it in the game by changing it to something else. Fixed for a friend of mine with a similar issue.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? But fo real, tried to reinstall that shit?

Why do you have 2 1080 so overkill. Try it with one card

which motherboard do you have OP, respond quickly retard

Random slowdowns could be due to temps. In this case if vsync is off, turn it on. Did you make a killer machine and popped in the cheapest coller money can buy?

Random slowdowns could be due to temps. In this case if vsync is off, turn it on. Did you make a killer machine and popped in the cheapest cooler money can buy?

same problem here, please help

QRXManta801i

for
If it wasn't obvious enough.

But yeah, HRTF has been a real piece of shit setting for some.

>coller
jesus.

Try using just one card and see how that works. There is a possibility that SLI doesn't work the best for the 1070's and 1080's at this point in time

>QRXManta801i
what the fuck is this, link me to it now

>i7-5960Xs
>dual core
Pick one faggot

that's what I was getting at, OPs either retarded or trolling

Have you got more than 256mb ram though?

tell me your ram speeds

I've never owned 2 graphics card, but from what I hear it's still a buggy setup, so I would try disabling one card

other than that, try using default settings for the game after updating your drivers

support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01603067

i mean that i have two of them

what temps are you getting?

something i noticed was getting water cooling massively helped my temps and performance.

my 4970k was 50 degs C on stock cooler, 70 under load. now it's 30 degrees and 40 under load. thanks to corsair h100i.

same deal with my gpu. i had hd7990 3gb, bought msi 1080 sea hawk (comes with watercooling all in).

temps affect performance.

Wow I didn't realise that. What Mobo do you have?

>Dual Core
>i7 5960Xs

PLEASE AN HERO

Take one of the gpu's out.

Your SLI might be intefering with performance, its a common problem.

Then you know what it is, and you can figure it out from there.

And disable one of the i7's you dont need this much for CSGO, chances are something is going wrong cause of you retarded amount of hardware.

>support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01603067
what the fuck is this OP? You're telling me you got 2 cpus on there? did you fucking stack them one on top of the other? and 2 1080s in that piece of shit, youre fucked

Stop using sli for csgo stupid nigger

I have a corsair h100i mobo.

>corsair h100i mobo.
and where the second cpu go retard?

You fucking idiots still don't realize you're being trolled?

in socket 2

Go to the notifications in settings. Turn them all off. Turn off Cortana. Turn off all the random shit apps Win10 installs. It should help a lot.

Turn off your dad's ass.

latest drivers arent always best drivers

Turn vsync off

>So I have a killer PC but i still have random slowdowns in CS:GO.
valve fucked up something, I have exactle same problem on dotes 2

Not OP, but I have a 144hz monitor and v-sync is pretty useful.

Try verifying the game files through steam, it might be a corrupted or missing file fucking with your shit. That's happened to me with a couple of games. Other than that, check your CPU usage while the game is running, make sure no other applications are taxing your CPU. Some others here mentioned v-sync, could be an issue for you although I've never had an issue with it. Check that super sampling isn't turned on or anything stupid like that. Check your component temps too, could be thermal throttling. Not sure if there's a way to do this without physically removing it, but disable one of your GPUs, I know that some older games aren't SLI compatible. What the fuck do you need TWO 1080s for anyway? You better not be playing at 1080p and your monitor's refresh rate better be over 100hz.

Also
>i7-5960Xs
>s
>dual core
Do you know what you're talking about? You don't have TWO CPUs and the i7-5960X isn't dual core.
Download Speccy and post it. I'll post mine as an example.

[spoiler]CSGO runs fine for me at 1080p 144fps[/spoiler]

>no ssd

>> dual Core i7-5960Xs
>>dual GTX 1080s
>playing csgo

Fucking why?

It's an old screen grab, not sure why it didn't pick up my CPU type exactly.

My C: drive is actually the only remaining component from my original build 6 years ago, I've been expecting that thing to die on me and force me to buy an SSD but it just hasn't happened yet. Not really worth getting one in the situation I'm in right now, my boot time is quick enough and nothing seems to open or load any slower than on my friend's PCs who have SSDs.

I'm moving countries in a month and a half, looking to sell my PC before I go and rebuild once I'm over there. It would probably be worth deconstructing and rebuilding it once I arrived, but I'm due an upgrade anyway.

Add me on steam > HeavenHammer. Ive fixed my friends issue on this a couple months ago.

Turn down lighting and shaders.
steamcommunity.com/id/caffinefreedietcoke

Check if your RAM is properly working, it needs to be on your motherboards properly and might actually be the thing causing this. Please try putting the RAM in a different slot if you can, I had about the same thing and this worked for me. Actually ended up replacing one of the strips later

If you we're smart you'd look 2 cm down and see the repost. I aborted when i saw the typo it but the system still posted it. Sadly, your brain department is lacking.