State of the music scene

What is the state of the global music scene today? what are it's main maymays and trends?
As with film we currently live in the Fantasy-SuperHeroes era, what's the general direction that the music industry/production is taking?

>posting an image more interesting than your post
wew, buddy

I love you too

demon

who dis

fake freckles

as someone who loves freckles, I am not on board with the fake freckle trend

Low quality meme rap.

>fake
I knew something was up when I saw the picture, the freckles look unnatural on the girl, despite her being pretty cute. If this is a trend then holy fuck we have gone full retard.

To answer your question, the mainstream sound of pop right now basically the equivalent of soft rock but with edm. Its pretty pussified honestly

who is this jizz fizzer

JUST

no girl is ever going to love me.

>image search
>this is a result but not her

>TRAP INFLUENCED BEATS
>EDM/POP
>MEME RAP

why is minaxbell the photo for this..

puffy

the fact that maymays and trends exist in modern music the way that they do is proof enough that this medium has become a commodity

>The big corporations like to focus on a few things, because it keeps marketing cost low. Think about it: You have twenty bands of similar talent and style signed up, you can try to heavily market all twenty or just two or three. Take a guess how hard it is for you to hammer into my skull the names or even half of them if you try marketing all these guys. So, you focus on a few and make them very rich, even if that is totally unfair because these few aren't really super-brilliant compared to the others. When you have an established IP, your marketing doesn't start at zero people knowing about it. Even an obscure old IP looks like less marketing work than a new one, because a few people will remember, and a few is also more than zero. It makes sense to bring things back and into the cinema when there are people out there remembering the IP from their childhood and are now in the age where they have kids at the age they were in back then. It's just risk-averse funding.

Dude fucking everything has become a commodity
All interests and everything under this system has become one

dammit you guys ruined it for me, i thought she was the perfect girl..

it´s actually sad how true this is