How does Sup Forums buy their music?

How does Sup Forums buy their music?

amazon but unironically

soulseek obviously

amazon has some good stuff its just a crapshoot as to which pressing you get

I only buy albums from bandcamp and then I pay for spotify

Real talk , I've been pirating music more 10 years, but I started to buy some Boris and goreshit from band camp, then my computer died on me and now I have Apple Music .

>buying physical music
>not going to shows and collecting free local demos from obscure bands and trading with record store employees
Can't believe you plebs still buy your music. True members of the underground trade music.

I don't unless I really like the artist/musician.

>free local demos
Liar

>he's not a part of the underground music scene
Bands give out free tapes and CDr's all the fucking time. You're not going to the right venues.

I stop by the music store that's right across the street from my work. They're great for both CD's and concert DVD's.

>New-in-packaging "Metanoia" by Porcupine Tree and a !T.O.O.H.! album for ten bucks each

Bull

Shit

I've got more free shit from touring bands and those were just gifts. Nobody offers anything for free at a show ever.

>unironically paying for music

if you go to a house show with shitty banfs desperate to get theyre music out there yea. i live in a house that host basement shows usually once every two weeks. i get given shit constantly because people just want theyre music to be heard and i play in bands and makee solo music and will take any opportunity to shill my shit and give it away to anybody who expresses even the slightest interest. major mainstream acts wont obviously...

Then why the fuck would a record store trade for that? Your story is so fucking fake.

The point of contention was venues not some jerk offs having a party.

user, please. If you're going to lie about supporting your local scene, at least make it less obvious.

Not the user you're replying to, but I've been given so many demos at local bars and coffee shops. Small venues are still venues, you fucking pleb. If you were a fan of underground music, you would go to these places.

Not the one youre arguing with, but I went to a venue in NJ and after spending 15 minutes there I got like 5 free local demos. You must not get out much.

I work at a record store, and I've traded with a lot of our customers. If they have something cool, and I have something I don't want, we'll trade.

And how am I lying? And I don't "support" my local scene. I see bands I enjoy. If they're local then I simply get to see them more. I'm not "supporting" anyone or anything except maybe styles of music.

amazon, itunes spotify where else?

Yeah no fucking shit record stores trade. Again the point of contention is trading actual merchandise you paid for with a bullshit couple of locals giving it away for free. Not to mention no store literally trades. You get credit which makes it even more ridiculous that somebody would do that.

>local bars
As opposed to what chain store bars? You people are such fucking liars.

I have literally traded with customers. We didn't do it through the store. They had something cool, and I had something cool, and we traded. Customers have also given me records to listen to for free. I also get free demos at local coffee shops and bars. It's not uncommon. I'll post all of my free shit in a minute.

Unless it's a picture of a merch table with a sign that says free I don't give a fuck

>mfw anybody who goes to local/underground shows has a collection like this
>mfw this is just the stuff I could find in a few seconds and I have a lot more
I didn't pay a dime for any of this. Even the Ramones record was a gift from a customer. Most of them are local artists, though.

>underground artists
>merch tables
You clearly don't know what you're talking about. I'm talking about one of the band members literally handing you a copy of their demo.

This assertion is even more full of shit the more I think about it. People have free shows literally all the fucking time. Coffee shops almost exclusively have free shows. Why? Because they have music for SALE

And just because you got something for free doesn't mean it was free. Gifts don't count. Jess there was a sign on a merch table that said few then it wasn't free.

Fucking autocorrect

Jess = unless

>for sale
>not solely for exposure
Artists give out free music all the time, just for exposure. They literally do it for free, just to build an audience. You don't get out much, do you?

>not producing your own music

pleb

No because that's why they are playing the free show. That is for exposure. Again if someone gave it to you free then it was a gift. It was not a free demo. Like I said Ive had touring bands like Orthrelm and Sebadoh literally just give me their albums for free but that doesn't mean they were free albums.

>thinking like a business man
>not thinking like an artist
Artists don't always do it to sell merch. Some people just want to share their art.

>not putting music and important stuff on external hard drive

Fucking this.

>not having back ups or a hard drive
you're a goddamn retard

You and I clearly have different ideas of underground. I'm talking about real shit like this. I'm talking about extremely underground shows at small, hole-in-the-wall venues, promoted by word of mouth and shitty homemade fliers. The kind of shows your friends tell you about, assuming you have some friends. That's where you'll find the free shit. It's hit or miss. Sometimes the bands suck, sometimes it's great. The only way to find out is to leave your house, stop talking about music on the internet, and go listen to some real live music.
"Free" or "Open Mic" doesn't always mean bad. Some local/underground bands are really fucking good. They just don't have a booking agent.

You sound so fucking fake

Open mic night yeah wow I'll be sure to get all the free demos I can and head right to the record store to trade them in. I'm sure I'll turn quite the profit. Because that is what the contention was. Actual demo albums. Not some idiots pratice tapes that they scrawled marker on.

But I do have them backed up also it's just a charger all I need

Also it seems I have like special editions of stuff and some stuff that wasn't online that doesn't show up on Apple Music . Also the space jam rap song isn't on there

>If it's not open mic it's not underground
wew

that wholewheat album kicks ass, my roommate got it free too

>Not some idiots pratice tapes that they scrawled marker on
>won't even give local bands a chance
All famous bands start somewhere. Black Flag started by playing house shows. The Beatles were a club band. Pic related is Mayhem's "tapes that they scrawled marker on."
Don't pretend to care about local/underground music if you have this shitty "your music doesn't matter because it isn't professional enough" attitude. Fuck off, mate

Exactly. Some free underground/local music is really good.

There is a difference between someone having a demo and releasing a demo. And no I don't give a fuck. I see bands I like and some happen to be local. It isn't because I "care about local music." Still though I guaran fucking tee I had a better local aoty list than you did last year. Guaranteed.

It's not free. He's charging ten bucks for it. If they got it free then it was a gift. Big difference.

Are you retarded, mate?

Are you? It's not fucking free. It's even $13 with shipping.

Lmao this fucking jew even charges $3 for his file. Free my fucking ass.

>not pirating everything

The dude literally posted online a while back that he accidentally pressed too many records and he was just giving them away, so I took one.

Probably because he's such a lard ass he doesn't want to carry everything back with him. Literally that's a real possibility with this guy.

First of all how does someone "press too many records." Secondly he's now charging $13 for the fucking thing. Lastly this fat fucking jew is charging $3 for a fucking file.

I don't know, but that's how I got one.

Took one from where? A show?

I emailed him my address and he sent it to me. He posted something like "I have too many of these records. If you want one, email me" and included his email address.

And he paid for shipping? He sounds like he has a severe drug problem.

What's the cassette with the flowers?

Children Of Pop- Fiesta/Drift

Its a pretty neat psychpop album. You can find it on Bandcamp.

Thank you so much. I would've never gotten that from the image.

No problem, mate.

When I feel like an album really deserves it, I'll go out and buy it on LP. Usually though I just torrent lossless formats on my favorite tracker websites. For me a good pair of headphones and some .flacs are infinitely better than being an autistic faggot that buys boxes worth of CD's and records.

>wehh but that's stealing you selfish faggot

Don't fucking care.

>falls for the vinyl meme
>calls other people autistic

>buy

>cheat

I pirate it all
I don't feel remorse since I usually own it on vinyl

Exclusively LPs with download codes.

I rent music with Tidal XDDDD

>Buying

>burning youtube rips on cds

fucking pleb. I press youtube-to-mp3 on polyvinyl chloride creating my own gramophone records.

Amazon, record store, or if it's available, off the band or artist's site.

Amazon, Bandcamp or the site of the band/their record label.

i volunteer at a charity shop and im a newfag, so i test if i like any cd/record i recognise and if i like it, ill buy

piracy is the only way to kill this corrupt industry

I think all of the music I've bought recently has been exclusively bought from Bandcamp.

Would like to buy CDs and shit, but I really don't have the space, and buying digital just feels fucking stupid, so I only buy shit that I can't find on spoofy and can't find a link on the archive to.