-3x6=-18

3-18=-15

-15+2=-13

BIDMAS/BODMAS

math major here
your syntax incorrect

also, this thread is full of retards

-13 you stupid fucks

OP, it don't matter if the teacher said different, you do it in order from left to right unless there are parenthesis. the answer is 0. teacher said -13

retards...

243, I was using a tinyint.

going by the retards way, it would be 2. going by Order of Operations its 13

>BIDMAS
>AS
>A S
>3-18=-15
-15+2=-13

You dense fuck

-13 sorry

PEMDA
Parantheses
Exponents
Multiplication
Division
Add
Subtract
Then go left to right.

3-3 x 6+2
3-(3 x 6) +2
3 - 18 + 2
15 + 2

Pemdas, and Im from America the land that sucks at math.

Thos. Any other answer is just embarrassing yourself

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=3-3*6+2

>Then go left to right.
>Rearranges to subtract 3 from 18 rather than 18 from

Go back to school fucking burger

True I probably need to go back to school, but aside from the placement of the 3 and the 18 it is correct.

3 - 18 is -15 ultraretard

3-3 x 6+2
3-(3 x 6) +2
3 - 18 + 2
3-20

It's not fucking hard 'tards, looks like the winterfags are here in full force with an average age of fucking 8 this yeah

3 - 18 > 0.

> Im from America the land that sucks at math.

Obviously dude. Punctuation also.

>Besides from
nigger this is simple fucking arithmetic, there is no besides from, it's black and white, potato or not

Its 0.

You see, you work from the middle. Which in this case is the times. So we do the things on both sides. Cause of bedmas left to right.

3-3=0
6+2=8
0×8=0

Cause i think you autists forgot, anything multiplied by 0 is 0.

I swear b is full of 12 year olds. Jeez..

Addition first dipshit, you're both wrong

Obvious bait here you go faggot

>3-18=+15
I think you should check your work

OP here, the lesson I learned today on this thread is that no one here is a genius.

No one understood the problem or tried to at least. No one used other methods than their own to find the problem. This shows how retarded we are.

Oh my golly gosh, you Amerifats are so dumb.

Fuck you and your fucking trips you stupid fucking faggot do you have any idea how to even do fucking maths you stupid inbred piece of shit you don't even show what answer you got fuck you nigger you're a stupid little jew aren't you I be you fucking suck jew dick fuck you how about you show us what answer you fucking got huh genius you stupid cunt I be you didn't even attempt the problem what's wrong was it too difficult for you fuck you faggot I hope your mother is gay like you and eats dick like you and what kind of food do you eat I bet it's chinese haha like dogs I bet you eat dogs don't you you fucking chink I'm not stupid fuck you fuck you I'm not stupid your mother is stupid fuck you faggot your mother kiss my feet and I liked it fuck you I bet you stopped reading this already because you're a stupid nigger jew who has no idea how to fucking read you illiterate fuck kill yourself and take me with you I bet you wouldn't dare because you're not a very nice person and honestly I'm all out of anything to say but I need to lengthen this reply for the humor ugh nevermind it's all boring now fuck me hard in my bumbum pls and show me ur tumtum

3-3x6+2
3-18x+2
3+(-18x)+2
5-18x

3(-3x6) +2
3+(-18)+2
(-18)+5
was not hard

What the everlasting fuck

Parenthesis
Exponents
Multiplication
Division
Addition
Subtraction

Still got -13 either way

autist

Guys stop posting in a troll thread

3-3x6+2
3-(3x)(6)+2
3-18x+2
5-18x
18x = -5
x = -5/18

"simplify", ok. To simplify, you reduce all the terms and operations to the same priority. So PEMDAS says in this instance that you do the multiplication first so 3-3x6+2 becomes 3-18+2. What is tripping people up is that addition and subtraction are equal priority operations. In other words, just because addition comes first in PEMDAS doesn't mean you add before you subtract. In you perform the operation from left to right. 3-18 = -15, -15+2 = -13. think of it as the sum of 3, -18 and 2.

>pemda
did you not learn to subtract properly? Stupid faggot

-13 or -17. Both are right, anyone who disagrees can't math

this is what I want Sup Forums to understand
thankk you user

Only right answer

Kek'd

bingo

My son in 3rd grade solved this, the answer is -13. I seriously hope that anyone who haven't gotten this answer is trolling anything else would just be sad.

-13=?x?
?=3.60555128 i

2 u fucks

Everybody say Amen!

So, so wrong

18x would = positive 5 you autist

-18x=5
(-1)(-18x)=(5)(-1)

The goal is to get 'x' alone, you autist.

nice bait

/thread

trolls need to step up their game smh

That's not the letter x its multiply you dumb shit
top kek

the 'x' is a multiplication symbol you fucking retard

doubles

that's what your teacher said, but look at it with your eyes

im to tired to write , and its late
but that would be

(3-3)x(6+2)

ye , so, off to sleep

That's what you think.

autists
its -13
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=3-3*6+2

3-3x6+2
3-18+2
5-18

Windows calculator has spoken

:v

BODMAS
O
D
M
A
S

5-18x=?

actual autism, the still the right answer

-13 it's obvious u fags

please be bait

easy. i(sqrt(13))

Einstein is turning in his grave at the idea that solving this is for "genius" (it should be geniuses). Here is a real puzzle.

google bitches

8 isnt their age budro, its their IQ

but if you were solving for x wouldnt it have been italicized? because when i went to school all of the letters i was solving for were italicized..

WHY WOULD YOU JUST ADD PARENTHESIS. All the fucking time in math class the teacher will just add parenthesis to a problem that wasnt there, and then itll make sense. But theres no rule or instructions on when to just place your own god damn parenthesis. Fuck math

-13?

retard, you don't needs brackets

That's odd... all the letters I solved for in school were bolded...

That's because when problems like these are created arbitrarily. There's no basis for where the expression comes from, and without parentheses, it's ambiguous.
For example, if you were given 1/2*5*5^2 you could read that multiple ways, but considering where it's coming from (it comes from the formula for kinetic energy) you know it's (1/2)*(5)*(5^2).

>3-18=15
laughing_niggers (dot) tiff

Okay so a problem that needs to be solved a certain way may not have parenthesis, and you need to find out what formula needs to be used, then remember where the parenthesis placement goes? Math is still a shit subject made obsolete by computers