Ask a Chef anything about food or cooking

Ask a Chef anything about food or cooking.

How do you like your steak?

Med rare

do you spit/piss/jerk off in the food?

Excellent indeed.

only in yours

do you feel guilty for murdering animals like you and I ?

i don't personally slaughter them, but not in the least.

Why do my spaghetti-o's keep making lightning?

What spices are good when cooking just eggs?

too much tabasco

Why are most of you arrogant cunts who watch the F word and think you're the next big shit after Ramsay?

salt, pepper and a little paprika goes a long way

You fucking wat?

That's normally the opinion of some asswipe who sits in their parents basement, who knows nothing about the real world and has never stepped foot in a restaurant that is owned or employs a Chef.

I deboned (took out the spine and keel bone) a whole chicken. Its currently flat in a roasting pan. How long do I cook it?

another inbred moronic retard!

Tips on how to cook a good quesadilla? Should I cook it in a pan with a lid and a little oil or with a 20 dollar quesadilla maker from a store? Or maybe even grill it?

Are you actually a chef or just a cook?
What is your training as a chef?
Where did you earn your stripes?

Till the internal temperature is 165f or 75c

What is the best tasting carbs to heat in the microwave after having been in the fridge? potatoes taste funny and pasta gets very over cooked. rice is sort of ok

How to make a nice chicken sauce?

I like a good beef florentine sometimes, but I prefer my meat redder and can't balance that and getting my spinache cooked enough. Any suggestions?

I considered trying to precook the spinach, but I wasn't sure if there were any other tricks I might be missing.

Thanks, yo.

pic not really related.

What would you do if I asked for A1 sauce on my steak?

yes I'm a Chef. Stratford Chef School, Ontario Canada

Just the shell or the whole dish?

Your signature dish?

Any cheap and healthy recipes for a broke college student?

I need a little more info....what are you planning to serve with it?

Most veggies hold up
I agree with the potato comment, potatoes reheat way better in the oven if you have the time

Are you the OP? This just proves my point that y'all retarded and think that your housewife skills are cool and important. I was a sous up until couple years ago when I just gave up working with fuckers full of themselves, not having a gram of understanding about business, customers or anything else outside your little kitchen. Just get the food to pass and fuck the rest. I'm a restaurant supervisor now, and I still see the same shit from you stove monkeys. Fuck you and your knowledge

grad of Johnson and Wales here. Git gud man.

"Sorry sir, we don't carry that condiment in our restaurant".

Going to chef school doesn't make you a chef.
I've been working in a kitchen for 9 years, trained by some of the best and I still consider myself a cook.
A chef is someone that has completely mastered cooking and run their own kitchen.

So my question was more about, what chefs have you trained under and for how long?
What kind of restaurant are you a chef at? How many people do you have under you cooking for you?

Favorite dish to eat? Favorite dish to prepare?

I put my steak/chicken on top of my cheddar/Mexican blend, I add my buffalo sauce/Tabasco and crushed red pepper in my half folded shell and lay it in a pan but I know there must be better ways to cook it.

Best way to prepare labia. I was thinking Sushi rolls...

When and by whom was cooking invented?

is Marco Pierre White sane, and would you/would you not suck his cock?

first off Chef/op here and nice double dubs
checked.
I'm sorry to hear you have worked with some asshole chefs, but there are asshole in every business in every country. You, yourself also seem like an asshole because you are generalizing all the Chefs, everywhere. How you ever got a managers job in a restaurant is beyond me. I would fire your bony ass in a fucking minute. Now, GTFO!!!

Would you like to share some videos you know to learn more techniques? I'm a cook and I finished cooking school at jamies oliver's fifteen in Amsterdam this october. I had a Canadian chef too but he got fired after a month. Could have learned a lot English terms too. How old are you? Now im currently working in " Het Rijks" in Amsterdam. You'd like it I think.

Another chef here, I sample nearly every dish I make for "testing the flavor", but really I wanna dip my hands in somones food they pay for and eat, I get hungry being in a kitchen

Hard to say...it changes with the seasons.
I'll get back to you....don't go away
trying to catch up here
depends on the time of year
right now real basic comfort food, Shepherd's pie, lasagna, slow cooked roasts....all good

If you're OP then you're an arrogant fucking shitstain with an over-inflated sense of your own worth.
If not OP - good bait.

chef here. you either own your own restaurant or work in healthcare, because FUCK working someone else.

Ive got some old potatoes, they are pretty old and got soft on the outside.
Can I still eat them if I peel away all the soft stuff?

Shepherd's pie, lasagna

and this fagot paid for chef school?

Not OP but yes. Try also green potatoes. They're the best!

more like pic related

I started off working in pubs clearing tables and cleaning pots and pans
from there prepped salads, and started cooking. After a few years I decided I wanted to pursue this and went to Stratford
when I graduated worked as a cook for 2 year locally saving money so I could go to europe. Got a job in one of Pepin's restaurants in Paris for just under a year, then worked for a year in Rome's est Artigiani del gusto before returning home for a stint at Sooke Harbour House in B.C and now where I work.

OP chef, do you do this?

on a flat oven pan
oven at 375f
you can fold in 1/2 and do 2
or shell top and bottom
cover in tin foil
in for about 20 minutes
should be good

I'm actually super nice, at work. Im blowing off steam here. Generalising chefs is fine, reason being most of you dont seem to appreciate the work put in front of house and disregard waiters. I didn't think much of service, but once I moved, realised that there's whole lot more involved than you'd think, particularly if the house is tied to a hotel.
Well, each to their own.

I have eaten there and yes it was very good.
anything by Pepin or Julia Child awesome teachers

no. I'm OP and we don't offer that condiment in our restaurant . How does that make me an arrogant shitstain with an over-inflated sense of my own worth. You need to take a deep breath then come up for air.

Damn I tried them in the oven, thought there was a better options ok, thanks.

op here..........we this was a pretty good offer from an industry leader when he bought the restaurant...it's worked out well. I love it

yes...one of the most resilient foods on the planet
if they are discolouring on the inside they are over..if they are getting a bit soft, makes a great mashed potato dish

How long to cook pussy?

I don't get to make this at work so at home it is a luxury

what are some meals every person should know how to make themselves? whether bc its "basic" or bc it tastes so good.

also what are food items you have to try before you die iyo?

op here....all i can say is wow, sorry

I'm the head chef, so I don't sample a lot, I trust the other chefs to do that. But if something looks awesome I have to put a spoon in there and take a taste.

youre too trusting, but tasting and whatnot is expo's job. as chef, i like to go in and unfuck shit up before its too late...

did you cover them?
The other thing is have your filling pipping hot then steam your shells like a hot dog bun b4 doing the roll up
good luck

Well in my kitchen its just the head chef, me, the sous chef, and some other chef. We normally make too much to go on the plate, I actually hope some falls out of the pan on to the table, like when a fat shrimp falls off of the plate on the table it is like winning the food lottery

fellow chef reporting in. can confirm. i never leave work hungry and never spend a dime.

Kinda makes you think what kind of people are fingering my food

If i see a dish come back believe me, I want to know why and I will be all over the chef that put it out to find out why. You need to have the trust and respect of your whole team. The manager, the servers, the prep, the sous, the chefs....everyone.

we call it quality control. gotta make sure it tastes right before sending it out.

ya....lol i know how that feels....everyone looks at it at the same time.

How often do you sous-vide food?

OP here, I admit, I graze a little.

how do you reduce clumping when adding milk to a roux?

stop playing with food children.

Jeez, calm down. If you get this upset over a place not carrying A1, it's probably best that you don't go out to eat.

to be honest, I am just learning the technique and I'm really fascinated by it.

There are quite a few chefs in this thread, how long have you been working as a chef?

no and any person that doesnt is a fucking retard

you dont get a slap on the wrist for putting pubes etc in somebodies food, you get put in jail for fucking poisoning their food

it is called food tampering and you can be put away for decades

Cry baby little bitch. You belong in foh with all the whiny little fucking retards. Is there gluten is mashed potatoes? And what about cheese? What about the rice? Is this good for a vegan? They want their steak well but still juicy. shit your probably the asshole manager who tells at the cooks for making a "burnt" well done prime rib. Get over yourself. You think you can d it yourself then shut the fuck up and do it little bitch.

This, it isnt like the movies. If a customer is a cunt hand hands his perfect food back to me I have to make it again with all my burning hate, but I dont tamper with it, I make food how I would like to get the food

What is something simple and healthy I can bring to work and eat every day until I get tired of it? Currently doing potpies(cook at home, rewarm at work) and frozen birds eye veggies

Ha bitch. Got your wasted dubs dubs replaced with my meaningful dubs dubs little bitch
Op of both these out.

hot roux....ice cold milk
make sure you have cooked all the water out of the butter
" till it stops singing"

Potatoes contain starch, but some of it becomes so called resistant starch, when cooled in a fridge. Resistant starch cannot be processed by human enzymes and are a kind of dietary fiber.

3 dubs

are you still here?

Not op but a really good cook or kitchen manager ..Kale is a cheap super veg salads are cheap and easy. It really only gets expensive when it comes to buying meat, I would suggest bulk frozen chicken and ground beef as good staples for a lot of different dishes. Just depends on your skill of cooking

I worked as a server for Red Lobster for a couple years while I was in college. There was a girl there that, and I shit you not on a stack of bibles, if you pissed her off she would add urine to your scampi butter sauce. I have personally witnessed her do this dozens of times.

I'm a pizza guy and there is an argument recently
Should toppings go on before or after cheese.
Your stance?

4 months, been in the game a decade though. It's an experience every day to say the least.

What's your favorite grain and what do you do with it?

Is that from chiles?

I'm op asking a student way back in the thread if he was still around because i put him on hold for a bit
he was asking for some cheap recipes for starving students

Not op, but chef here, depending on your budget, you can make some pretty tasty ramen soups, with onions, mushrooms, garlic, spinach, peppers, green onions, an egg and some cheap ramen. Salad is cheap as fuck, and if you go to the right places like farmers markets you can get vegetables very cheap.

(one way I make egg for ramen is I crack it in some boiling water and let it cook there, it goes in to perfect tiny strands, then you drain the water and add it in your ramen)

I could make a gourmet meal with canned and frozen ingredients if it came to it

Mix it up and go half and half and tell the two arguing to shut the fuck up. You'll be amazed how far you will go with thoughts like those

a little salty, a little bitter....that just might work

and you didn't fucking report her?

you are what's wrong in the world

Have you ever come across raw asafetida resin from India? Amazing spice.