/grimes/

Let's discuss peacefully about the singer/songwriter/producer/sound engineer/music video director-editor-colorist/visual artist/dancer Claire Boucher aka Grimes.

Newzsz:
Watch this visual masterpiece, Venus Fly: youtube.com/watch?v=eTLTXDHrgtw

>almost finished building like 20 or so 5D multi timbral synths in roli equator, they'll be released for roli blocks later this year. never made synths from scratch before, its pretty fun
Video with her playing a mean jam: instagram.com/p/BP6JQUMjSd_/

Grimes produced a new Aristophanes song, Humans Become Machines: youtube.com/watch?v=BHmVqMISPLw

Remember: be nice to Grimes!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA
clashmusic.com/news/grimes-scrapped-her-album-because-the-material-was-depressing
djbooth.net/mobile/feature/2016-07-22-album-covers-no-face
youtube.com/watch?v=cdDjrQOJ8eQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

best thread on Sup Forums right now

not trying to be offensive but she is very cute!

I can't stand Grimes! She sounds nothing like my precious Hannah Montana! Or my precious Sia Montana. Or my precious Rihanna Montana. Or my precious Britney Montana. Or my precious...
She doesn't even have a diamond encrusted Disney microphone! What the fuck!
I'm going to hide in my safe space now so that evil Grimes can't hurt me with her different sounding pop music. REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA

This

What is her most intimate song? IMO it's Skin. This song sounds so good on headphones.

You?

Grimes doesn't actually exist. She's just a madeup figure created by some global corporation whose sole purpose is to showcase their clothes and fashion wares through this Grimes character. Think Ronald McDonald for upper-middle class tweens with daddy's credit card.

Reminder that Grimes is sitting on tons of unreleased music:

>"The album was scrapped cuz it was depressing and I didn't want to tour it," she wrote. "I may release it one day. I throw out music all the time, i have almost 1000 gigs of unreleased music on my hard drive. I just want the next album to be as good as possible. 'Go' was never on the album anyway, it is a collaboration with a close friend that was released for fans as a 'Thank you' for waiting since my album was being delayed."
clashmusic.com/news/grimes-scrapped-her-album-because-the-material-was-depressing

Grimes is not real?!

If that was true the bots would have given her 50,000,000+ hits on all her youtube vids, Like they did with all the other phoney musicians.

They didn't. So that tells me a different story.

btw I am not SLIM FUCKING JESUS!

Glad to see my comment was stimulating a discussion rather than just flames. Nice to see an opinion validated once and a while, thanks guys.
And yeah, the re-release would have to have some changes, I.E. covers, tracks liner notes, ect. .

slim jesus what's your favorite grimes song?

hey, you know how i know this is slim jesus?

Whoops, meant to quote

The problem with the big labels is that they don't allow too much freedom to the artists. To release an album like AA they would butcher the album, including the cover. For instance they wouldn't like a song like Scream on a pop album.

>An artist's face is their most recognizable feature. The face that makes fans swoon when seen in public, the face that causes paparazzi to act erratic for a photo, the face that companies want to use as marketing for their products, that's what tends to appear on album covers. Deciding not to use the one thing that people know you most for is daring and shows dedication to a concept or design. ScHoolboy Q is fairly famous in the rap world, a character on social media, his face is one people recognize. He said in his Breakfast Club interview that he couldn’t go anywhere with a bucket hat because people would instantly know it was him. On the cover of Blank Face, there’s no ScHoolboy, there’s no bucket hat, for people who still go through the album section of Target and Best Buy they might not realize they’re staring at a ScHoolboy album. Even though it's daring and creative, sales are at risk if your fans don’t know or don’t notice that your album is on the racks. The decision to release a faceless album cover isn't one to take lightly.
djbooth.net/mobile/feature/2016-07-22-album-covers-no-face

There's a Darkbloom era interview with Grimes and D'eon where they muse about the importance having one's face on an album cover plays in pop music. Her decision NOT to feature herself on the front of any release since (she's on the back of Art Angels disguised as Najinsky's fawn) is therefore clearly a purposeful artistic statement.

Go look at the covers of virtually every major pop record hit from the past 60+ years. What do they all have in common? The artist(s)'s face. There's a reason why Art Angels has a cartoon version of Grimes' face included almost as an afterthought in the top-right corner. She might be making pop, but it's on her own terms.

1000 gigs of music and AA was the cream of the crop? ouch...

I'm not SLIM JESUS you FUCKERS!!!

Yes, she is a 3D hologram of anime character.

im stlll going to Destroy grimes btw

>Scream
That's not really a good example, that shouldn't have been there no matter how much she likes it. It's the weakest spot on the disc.

Easily is the weakest though
Scream is secretly great

No way, Easily is a great slow jam.

it's just so poor and boring, no way this is great
Butterfly is a great slow jam

Grimes sucks. The fact that you talk about her image more than her music is proof that her music sucks.

If you like Grimes, you have bad taste

Yeah, nailed it user! People like Kelly Montana are so much better! She even has a diamond encrusted Disney microphone like Hannah does. The mark of a true artist!

Scream is of the best songs she ever made!

Have you even read the thread, you autist?

can you get more pleb than this?

Grimes, St. Vincent, Lauren Mayberry, Lorde, Charli XCX, Marina Diamandis and Lana Del Rey walk into a bar

I throw a grenade

>not being nice to grimes
kys

......I'm........not...........SLIM FUCKING JESUS!!!!!!!!!

what Do you mean by that?

David

Oh, that's Grimes creeper stalker that always seems to lurk these threads.
No worries though. It hasn't been out of the basement for about 20 years, and sunlight hurts it badly.
All bark no bite.

...and then realize you forgot to roll down your car window. And your car has bucket seats...

you're probably bloodpop or some shit

so yeah. good girl

I wish...

me too

i sure don't know her, you got me there

WTF thats Miley Cyrus

Anyone who makes music has like 1000 gigs of unused stuff. It piled up quickly.

Good luck on ever touching most of it ever again though.

Thanks for your opinion but respectfully I disagree with all your points.

>i have almost 1000 gigs of unreleased music on my hard drive
thats a flat out lie if i ever heard one

She's fucking ugly.

me too

The fact that grimes haters talk about her image more than her music is proof that her music is actually good.

She's pretty hard to attack from a musical point of view, so most haters choose the easy way, ad hominem attacks to her appearance and her fanbase. Tbch I never saw a real argument why her music sucks. Not even once.

take that back

Scream has its place on AA. Apparently Grimes herself loves that song.

...and Grimes throws back the grenade at you. You died. RIP.

she's really not

You don't know her. She released a ton of music so far besides those 4 albums. All that in 6 years. Dig deeper.

This. The haters are so mad because they CAN'T attack her music.

Its probably stuff still in DAW format so not simply a terabyte of just mp3 files

You must not listen very often when other people talk.

Why do you care?

i can't believe people can hate grimes so much kek

they're actually jealous and frustrated at her for being too likable

these songs are tight

>Remember, be nice to grimes!
This is the 3rd time I've seen this thread
Has anyone else gotten tired of this shit

Oftentimes it's not even that. Most of these "haters" are actually just attention whoring trolls fishing for (you)s.

YOURE SLIM ANUS HAHA!

i've been tired for a long time Owl

they could be closer than you think

Lol welcome to /mu.

If you ever decide you want to leave, now is probably your best chance.

Not at all. Listening to pathetic whining from people like you never gets old desu.

reported

grime.....stupit

i've noticed user

nobody gives a shit about your waifu, they hate faggots like you shitting up the already shitty board

>they hate faggots
user, if t you're gonna pretend to be a hateful person on the internet at least have the courage to own up to it.

Exactly. These working files tend to be huge. I'd say she has about 200 to 500 unreleased songs.

Simply envy.
>This is the 3rd time I've seen this thread
3rd time? These threads exist for a long time. You better get used to them.

youtube.com/watch?v=cdDjrQOJ8eQ

Where's your music discussion, autist?

claire is beautiful

This

she's perfect and i love her

Holy shit she's grimey

i love her just how she is

i want her grime on me

Some people are into scat some into hobos and some are into scat on hobos

Grimey Grimes

maybe that many ideas, but don't go thinking she has 10 albums' worth of finished, unreleased songs

im into grimes

i never saw her live

farm animals? ok

>about 200 to 500 unreleased songs

you're approximating between 300? that gap is way too big. bad liar

Those numbers are totally made up. Don't call me a liar, I implied it's my opinion, not a fact.

>I'd say...

There's an interview somewhere that she says she has around 100 songs that didn't make Art Angels. I wouldn't be surprised if she did have enough for 10 lp's, it's probably not great, but songwriters can be prolific.

you want to fuck a farm animal? nice to kno

Maybe on the next tour.

100 songs seem unrealistic. even 100 demos/sketches seem like a stretch, desu. even with four years between Visions and Art Angels.

Grimes is a special case, though: even her worst songs are decent. I imagine there must be a ton of great songs that probably no one (except her) will hear them... ;_;

Is Grimes a problematic waifu?

I'm a part of what some people call the "voignamirian horde" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the plebeian/patrician culture that dominates Western music criticism.

>I'd say...

so you're calling yourself a liar, not that i didn't already know that