If electors vote against their states tomorrow, should it be overruled by Congress?

If electors vote against their states tomorrow, should it be overruled by Congress?

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2016/12/14/electors-are-being-harassed-threatened-in-bid-to-stop-trump/
youtube.com/watch?v=i6uMV4fCVuw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It would be left to the House, and the House would still vote for Trump, because their constituency would skin them alive otherwise.

true I think. Aside from the electors themselves having to be on witness protection program the remainder of their lives

they should call for an investigation into the harassment of electors and arrest everyone who tried to tamper with the election by harassing threatening or bribing electors otherwise future election are redundant and presidents become elected by whoever can influence the college the hardest

And what is this based on?

dems spending a million bucks on commercials with washed up actors trying to sway electors

what?

multiple elector testimonies

Source?

That's not "swaying electors", that's advertising, which is what both parties have done since the birth of media.

what's it based on? The death throes of Hillary's psychpathic inability to accept her snake ass isn't wanted anywhere near the US presidency

Republicans won literally everything this election so it doesn't even matter if Trump gets kicked out. It would still be bullshit but we've won regardless.

what? Please.
nypost.com/2016/12/14/electors-are-being-harassed-threatened-in-bid-to-stop-trump/

Will not happen. It would take 37 Republican Electors to vote for Clinton to change the outcome. Not going to happen. But if you want a "what if" scenario, there are 55 million armed Americans that would take to the streets and take their country back. Not to mention mass food shortages when the red states stop sending food to the blue. What will the Blue do? Cut off television and movies?

I don't understand what you're saying whatsoever. There is no chance of Clinton winning the election tomorrow, the only thing that could happen, and it won't happen, is a handful of GOP electors could choose to vote for somebody other than Trump, in which case Trump would not get the 280 electoral votes he needs and it would then go to the House, which

dems act like mafia
the whole party should be disbanded

hear hear!

Where do you think those threats are coming from? I would highly urge you use Occam's Razor, here.

you were questioning elector harassment. What don't you understand?

So should the pubs. The American people deserve better than a two party system.

>this

THIS. its already decided people, no matter what.
>not knowing how govt works
>kills self
>all rejoice

Elector harassment is nothing new. Their identities are public knowledge and it's especially prevalent in the Information Age, where social media has the potential to elevate these attacks. What I'm asking is what proof you have of these threats coming from a federal entity and not just pissed off voters?

democrats are all pieces of shit this year. The original democrats are gone, and replaced with idiots that are doubling down on stupidity this, and in 2020.

It's sort of funny, yet sad.

Funny thing is, the electoral college worked exactly the way it's supposed to by keeping overpopulated and arrogantly out of touch population centers from dominating the vote.

What a whiny bunch of bitches

Unquestionably, from both.

that's why it needs to be investigated

who put up a million dollars to pay for 'correct the record' where shills harassed the internets for months?

Unquestionably? Because I am questioning you. In order for there to be an investigation, there has to be enough tangible evidence linking voter intimidation directly to an opposing party.

I feel like misinformation wasn't our enemy this year, it was misinterpretation, deliberately or otherwise.

Exactly! Now since that same system didn't work out for them, they're crying about it.

That is not a crime. I don't like it anymore than you do, but they didn't break the law. There are many things Trump did, that I do, that you probably do, that do not step out of legal bounds, yet they are probably not the most ethical of actions.

It can't! That's why the electoral college exists.

To be fair, Trump would have lost if it wasn't for the EC, so he can't really complain if they go against him.

It is a crime to attempt to change an election through intimidation and harassment.
If an investigation finds it was orchestrated by people connected to a party then the FBI should start making arrests soon.

As the user said, the House would still vote in Trump, then both sides would be anti EC and those assholes would lose their special little power that they cling to. Any of them who try to then run for political positions now that they're not Electors will have huge liabilities and unless they're independently wealthy or on nice fancy boards (which I'm sure most are), their future in power is hindered if not over.

So the EC will no doubt vote in Trump tomorrow.

Spotted Russia.

dude, we have whining liberal morons who can't believe it's not the end of time if Hillary isn't allowed to destroy the world. We also have vast sums of Soros and other establishment money bent on Trump's loss at any price to pay for whatever corrupt shit they like as has been amply demonstrated. The circumstantial evidence is galactic and entirely sufficient based on what has ALREADY been seen.

If they consolidate the evidence they need to warrant an investigation, yes, they will. What you don't understand is that what CTR did does not fall under the lines of voter intimidation. The people making death threats to electors, I guarantee, have already been investigated by either the FBI or secret service (I'm not sure who's jurisdiction it falls under). In any case, there is no probable way Trump won't win tomorrow. If Trump feels he needs to push for an investigation of CTR or the Clinton Foundation or the DNC, he will do so. This is a representative democracy, and for better or worse, we have entrusted him to represent us.

It's funny because I doubt Trump would have NEARLY as big a following if not for the Dems acting like entitled, petulant children at every level of power. The guy's obvoiusly entertaining, but without such a backlash against him, more people would recognize the risks.

That said, I can't wait to see what a CEO does to the country rather than a lawyer politician. Either way we were fucked, so let's see what this flavor of assrape tastes like.

Again, neither of these things are illegal. Again, I do not find them ethical either. Again, this changes nothing.

The demo are doing everything they can to take this to the Supreme Court.
That way they can truly stand behind "not my president."
It's going to do nothing, and for all we know he'll be the worst (or best) president ever, but since their epic loss they have to save face somehow.

That's the thing: Regardless of whether or not Russia intervened in our electoral process, a generation of Americans losing faith in the federal institutions that were built by a citizen body for centuries would make a great show for any competing world power. It could all based on something, it could all be based on nothing. We don't care. The American voter will never point the finger at himself.

I'm betting all my nonexistent Internet Dollars that the "Russian interfered with the election" evidence that the alphabet agencies actually *do* have are IP addresses for Sup Forums and reddit posts originating in Russia, i.e. they're making a mountain out of a shitposting mole hill. Jokes on Russia, they don't need to pay people to shitpost for Trump, we Americans will gladly do that on our own, thankyouverymuch.

I laugh at all the liberals crying and drinking the Russian Kool aid and believing the propoganda from our state run media.

2 things

#1 if Russia hacked the election in favor of Trump why did Hillary win the popular vote?

#2 if you take California out of the election, Trump wins the popular vote by almost 2 million.

Lol, still have that little bit of hope in ya still? Lol. Tomorrow will be like twisting your foot on a cockroach to make sure its dead. Giving yourself political blue balls. You lost faggot. Get over it.

People like you are why there needs to be more major political parties in the US.

we wait
democrats sqwawk holler throw fits then refuse to eat their words when they are proven to have their head up their asses

Maybe not. The Reps would need to hold together behind Trump as a block. That may not happen. Could imagine a chunk of them peeling off to vote for someone else, combined with the Dems voting against Trump could deny him the presidency.

Most likely is he's voted in, but it's not impossible.

Yes. What kinda dumbfuck question is that?

TRUMP WON, DEAL WITH IT, STOP BEING FAGS.

Y'all Queada, heard from

Yes, but hopefully the whole fiasco can be leveraged to abolish the Electoral College through an amendment or tie the hands of the electors to the national popular vote through the state legislatures.

No, Trump should not be in office. I don't care how many retarded faggots it pisses off.

Are you retarded or do you just live in a large population center?

It's illegal, it's unethical and it's worse than "fake news, Russian hacking"

Dems couldnt vote Trump anyhow..enjoy

On credible information from all of the Republican Electors. The thousands of emails, letters and phone calls, harassing them and threatening their lives.. that's what..

We been fucked since day one.. Now it's time for. CEO to try..

Quite the opposite, shit bag

You do realize...
A. Your a fag
B. The president can't be a CEO. Congress is not a board of directors. Congress will tell trump to go fuck himself and take over. All that happened is we created a Prime Minister.

They would not risk losing a re-election. The constituency determines the politician, not the other way around, as hard as that is for us to accept. And they have way too much at stake, Trump winning has given them an administration, the House, the Senate and the Supreme Court.

On what grounds is it illegal? And I hold that misinterpretation is still the main issue.

All of them? And yes, as I said, I'm aware they receive these threats. This has happened before, and they have all the agencies of the executive branch to protect them and pursue who and what they can. There has not been enough tangible evidence linking an opposing party or other federal/private entity to voter intimidation, and if the FBI has what they need to warrant an investigation, they will investigate, and if Trump wants to do it anyway, he'll do it anyway.

I'm Donald Trump four years ago.

>your
>ignoring the reference to a skill set rather than a change in job description

Trump ran as a republican, Congress is dominated by republicans. They WILL overturn it. They are as predictable as a whole as ants are to dropped damp candy.

It's already set in motion. Tomorrow the electors will vote against Trump and the House will elect the only true Conservative Jeb Bush to the white house. Long may he reign.

youtube.com/watch?v=i6uMV4fCVuw

And I'm hillary before she flops all of her positions to meet what the public wants her to think.

>#1 if Russia hacked the election in favor of Trump why did Hillary win the popular vote?
I don't believe Russia "hacked the election", but why would they try to change the popular vote? So Trump would have a mandate? An Electoral College victory is normally sufficient to get into office and it would require changing fewer votes.

no