Chicago Man to Plead Guilty to Hacking Celebrity Photos

>A 28-year-old Chicago man has agreed to plead guilty to hacking into the Apple iCloud and Gmail accounts of over 300 people, including the accounts of 30 celebrities, federal prosecutors said Friday. Edward Majerczyk faces up to five years in prison, though the plea agreement anticipates a sentence in the range of six to 12 months.
>However, prosecutors have said they have no evidence that either Collins nor Majerczyk posted the hacked material online. The investigation is still ongoing, said Thom Mrozek, a spokesman with the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Los Angeles.
>Though the charges against both men are very similar, Collins and Majerczyk were apparently operating independently, Mrozek said. Each is accused of using a phishing scam to obtain usernames and passwords from his victims. According to the plea agreement, Majerczyk would send emails from accounts like “[email protected]” or “[email protected].” Thinking the emails were legitimate, the victims would click on the links and type in their usernames and passwords.
variety.com/2016/biz/news/celebrity-nude-photos-jennifer-lawrence-hacker-kate-upton-1201807802/

A real American hero

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hqDLEO7qu2Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>The case is the second to arise from “Celebgate,”

They can't say fappening in the news?

I will fap for our fallen comrade tonight

she really is just like me

Also this guy didn't do it. There are tons of people that steal from celebrity iclouds and trade them around in secret. The thing is that they are always foreigners so they can't get caught.

There was a bunch of people who did it just one was retarded enough to post in Sup Forums to sell.

Cringey as fuck

I want her to viciously slap and spit at me in the face while calling me a worthless piece of shit loser.

Their damn fault.

youtube.com/watch?v=hqDLEO7qu2Q

Maybe celebrities shouldn't keep naked selfies of themselves on their phones if they don't want the pictures to ever be seen?

that mean all those unpleasant chloe pics were shooped?

>Thinking the emails were legitimate, the victims would click on the links and type in their usernames and passwords.

No fucking way. No one is that dumb to give their password out in an email

maybe you shouldn't have kept that money in the bank if you didn't want it to be stolen?

If self-pity was a drop of water this post would be an ocean.

I think there's a bit of a difference between money and naked pictures of yourself.

Yes, these people are the only ones in the history of the internet to fall for phishing.

that is not hacking. it is just fucking retards being retards

>celebs are tech retarded
What a shock.

How to spot a newfag

>you can never go back to 2004-06 Sup Forums

;_;

>Celebs are normies
What a shock.

That isn't hacking at all.

That's just fucking taking advantage of morons.

The horribly incorrect use of the word "hacking" triggers the hell out of me, I don't know why.

>Phising
>Hacking

99% of "hacking" you see or hear of is simple social engineering, you'll be pissed off a lot if it gets to you.

>"every time you look at my naked pictures is like youre raping me"
im just happy i was part of the million man jlaw gangbang

Dude there was a huge network, this guy is just 1 guy among hundreds.

>that dumb equivalency attempt

your ohome isnt a super secure vault. And even if that vault were to be emptied. your money is insured. Youre not losing a single cent, the bank and the government are.

this is a Sup Forums urban legend