I cut the other day, Sup Forums. Haven't done it in years, thought I was over it...

I cut the other day, Sup Forums. Haven't done it in years, thought I was over it, but depression just doesn't slumber forever.

I want a therapist, but I don't have the insurance. Maybe medication, but same problems. Sick of self-medicating with bud and cigs, sick of waiting to get better. Not gonna an hero, but fuck, I don't wanna start cutting again either.

General feels thread.

Kush will never help in the long term. Working a shit ton on film sets helped me cause I had no time and was too tired to be depressed.

Always good to hang out with your friends or chat with them on the phone and joke around though.

Sorry you fell back into it, keep ur chin up OP

thanks m8. I do need to be more active. Too easy to get lost in that shit when you're isolated and not doing much. I'm not like a 360lb mammoth, I'm 198lb at 5'11, but even still.

Just sucks that I don't feel like I can open up to real people about this, even my closest friends. Idk what they're supposed to tell me anyway.

Somethings wrong with your carrot

Working helps, haven't cut since cause Im always busy. Also gave me some more confidence and now Im fucking two different chicks, which also helps

lost

Lol.. made up attention whore problems thread

it is a little pale, isn't it?

nah but that ain't me. google images.

Just had to get it off my chest, my friend. Can't really tell personal friends, don't want to open up that can of worms. I feel like I'd be ostracized or alienated.

Start drinking and doing real drugs. Easiest way to connect with other people who have the same problems. You might even get laid from it

People only cut for attention.

So you should.. literally billion of people on the planet. Cunts can't afford to eat, people dying in the street but your life's a little empty? Give me a break.. go valunteer or fucking move country if your life's to bleak or complicated.

Gotta get my rear in gear, it sounds like. I just get so morose over thinking about the cycle of it all, yknow? Wake up, work, pay bills, take one good shit, go to bed, rinse, repeat. Gotta be more out there. Just life, I suppose.

Bullshit, thats a fucking parsnip!

It's gay as fuck... agreed. Only reason I keep doing it is because I'm too much of a pussy to kill myself.. it'd make my family sad. Also the new hunter game looks pretty cool I guess.

Not an alcohol person, and real drugs scare me tbh. Also, zero sex drive, not super concerned about the laid portion.

Some, sure. That's pretty aggressive, though. I always cut because it felt like a counterbalance to internal pain, externalizing it as a release. It's psychologically founded. Others, yeah, it's a cry for help. I cut my legs, it's not like I go around showing them off, so it ain't for attention.

Never said my life was so empty, or bleak, or complicated. Depression is what it is man. My life could be perfect, and it still wouldn't fix the neurochemical imbalance in my brain.

Just what the world needs. Another whining Borderline.

The grinds not that bad, sure it sounds shit on paper, but depending on what you do, it helps you meet people and get your mind off things

I've lost too many buddies to suicide. It just passes the pain from one person to another, but it doesn't neutralize anything. I'm almost positive it would drive my mother to suicide if I killed myself, so I stay alive for her.

Like I said, I don't think i'm in any danger of suicide, but I am sick of thinking about it.

Yeah look. Fuck it maybe I'll giv cutting a go then. Doesn't it hurt? Or is that the point m. I'm constantly depressed as fuck.. I just sleep

Yeah, that's certainly true. I'm an audio/video tech for large conventions. It's fun, it's just winter now, so it's dead. Contractor work.

Don't start, dude. You'll never stop, seriously. It's an addiction, and it sucks, and I wish it didn't help.

idk, it sounds dumb as fuck to anyone who hasn't self-harmed, but cutting just seems to balance out internal pain by negating it. you're not thinking about the pain when you're doing it.

don't do it, man, seriously. much love.

Yeah, I'm a bartender/waiter at a restaurant and the social aspect is what really helps me

I should give that a shot. I'm pretty personable, I bet I'd dig that for the winter.

Cheers, man, much love to you. Shit'll work out for both of us.

If you start, its hard to stop. Its like a drug addiction man. Not gonna tell you not to, cause its your life but it's definitely not a good habit

I just kinda embrace the depression. Try and enjoy it.. then occasionally something cool happens and you enjoy that, but just become happy with sitting at a negative 5 on the happiness scale. I think that's what I do.. I wake up and I think.. fucking sweet I get to be a normie Fuck up all day again today.. oh great it's raining. It's funny

Swag m8

...you know what, user? I'm gonna fuckin' try that. That actually seems like it might do a thing or two.

If anything I think it's funny people think they get to be happy at all.. life is really really fucking lame. Who told you it was supposed to be fun though.. who told you that it was going to be good.. who promised happiness. Nobody did. Life isn't supposed to be happiness. I think people get depressed assuming other are happy. I think deep down most people are barely functioning.

Seriously it sounds retarded. I sit here on the couch with my good job, mortgage and girlfriend and think. Fuck I hope I don't wake up in the morning.. and then I smile and watch some retarded bullshit on Netflix and sink in to the blackness

it ain't like people with depression choose to be depressed tho, yknow? It's a legit sickness, it ain't like people choose to have cancer or aids or what have you. It's something I've got that I can't get rid of. Again, my life could be absolutely perfect with everything I ever wanted, but depression is still a sickness.

That's not to suggest it's hopeless, it's merely to outline the fact that it's not a choice, yknow?

I'm a decent guy. Decent looking, educated, lots of friends, job I enjoy. Wouldn't consider myself a beta by any measure.

Yet I've not been laid in 2 years. Fuck my life up fam.

Nice cat scratches if that picture is actually yours.
Come back when you've got some scar tissue.

I know some men that I respect deeply whom I don't consider betas, and they'll grab a prostitute every now and then. If you're really hankerin' for some puss, give that a thought.

Remember; sideways for attention, longway for results

nah, not mine. Random google image.

Yeah totally.. the seasonal depression is actually insane. I get depressed as fuck. I just think the brains a retarded organ.. and you can trick it.. by being depressed as fuck, and enjoying it somehow. I hate a lot of normie stuff because of it though, I fucking enjoy being angry and pissed off about everything now. But I've moulded my brain in to this to get around the depression

I never cut, but I used to burn a lot. Same basic principle, much less evidence.

Wasted trips. Feel better OP

Shit, didn't even notice. Cheers, man.

Appreciate the support, gang. I'm sure shit will be fine. It usually is.