WEEN GENERAL

TODAY QUESTION: Is Pure Guava better than The Pod?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/jayocaine/deaner2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WEEN!

I'm right now getting into Ween, this week I have listened to The Mollusk(second time), Quebec and Chocolate and Cheese twice. Gonna go true their discography and I'm hyped, I have a feling thy will go down as one of my fave bands.

Yeah man, they're one of my favorites too. Listen to White Pepper and then Shinola next. You'll love 'em. Then Pure Guava, then their country album, then The Pod and GodWeenSatan last since they are the most experimental and hard to get into for some.

Some guy said that I should do it chronologically, but thanks anyway

Album rankings

La Cucaracha
White Pepper
Chocolate & Cheese
GodWeenSatan
The Pod
Pure Guava
Quebec
12 Country

>general thread about a band that hasnt released a new album in 10 years

DUDE OVERPRICED REUNIONS SHOWS LMAO

Why do Ween threads always end with people arguing over which album is the best? It's really hard for me personally to rank their discography. They just have too much good shit.

where's The Mollusk?

>La Cucaracha ever being that good

LMAO

The Pod feels much more consistent but is overall weaker. Pure Guava has some weaker tracks but the strong ones really shine on. But I'll go with The Pod because of The Stallion Pts 1 & 2 > Pt 3

Also that pic is depressingly relatable.

My old roomie got me into ween, and so I had the privilege of listening to the main stuff mostly in chronological order. I really like the earlier albums, I "get" the Pod.

If I had to pick a favorite, I'd personally pick Pure Guava. Good pop tracks I'd sorta-forgotten about, and I was obsessed with Mourning Glory in my younger years-that song made a big impression on me. It's like some big WhatTheFuck godform is moving across the countryside and is alternately killing and liberating people's souls.

AND HE DOESN'T EVEN SMOKE DRUGS AND HE DODN'T EVEN DRINK BEER WHY WOUD U BE SUCH FUCKERS ALL I DO IS PUMPKINS

I can remember really not liking Chocolate and Cheese the first few times I actually heard it (though of course I knew the album cover from childhood, it's a pretty well-known album cover). I felt like Ween "fell off" at that point for having actual production values now.

i made a fingerstyle rendition of what deaner was talking about, unfortunately it doesn't stay true to the energy of the original. Still working on that

soundcloud.com/jayocaine/deaner2

Moving Away is Ween's most beautifully desolate track, not Alcan Road though (and they do have several)

Some guy really fucked up, packing his car, has to leave his friends and home town for ever and ever. He really has to leave, and has no choice.

He doesn't have much money.

Ween is one of my favorite bands but I will now list songs from each album I do NOT like

You Fucked Up
Bumblebee
Common Bitch
El Camino
Nan
Licking the Palm for Guava
Mushroom Festival in Hell
Old Man Thunder
Puffy Cloud

Strap On That Jammypac
The Stallion, Pt. 1
Laura
Moving Away

Little Birdy
The Goin Gets Tough
Pumpin 4 the Man
Mourning Glory

Candi
Buneas Tardes Amigos
The HIV Song

Im Holding You
Japanese Cowboy
Pretty Girl
Mister Richard Smoker
Help Me Scrape the Mucus from My Brain

Back to Basom

Among His Tribe
Captain
The Fucked Jam
Alcan Road

I Fell in Love Today
Did You See Me?
Israel
The Rift

Blue Balloon
The Fruit Man
Shamemaker

Holy shit you have bad taste, many of those are great songs.

But, Quebec is their best...

HIV song would be good if it wasn't for the lyrics

Not sure why its such a live staple

>You Fucked Up
>Bumblebee

>Jammy Pac
>Stallion Pt1

>Mourning Glory

>Buneas Tardes Amigos

>Im Holding You
>Japanese Cowboy

>Among His Tribe
>Captain
>The Fucked Jam

These are some of their best songs pleb

Gene Ween is 85% of Ween, Dean 15%

>You Fucked Up
Take it for what it is,angry teenager with high energy letting out steam

>Common Bitch
Just an extremely groovy track, imagine jimmy hendrix+punk
>El Camino
build up track
>Nan
I don't understand whats not to like about this, extremely accesible speaks for itself.
>Licking the Palm for Guava
I can understand this, not very melodic, no energy to it, feels like filler
>Mushroom Festival in Hell
obviously you're not a fan of butthole surfers, it's understandable to not "get" this one
>Old Man Thunder
HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU NOT LIKE THIS. This is ween imitating the Boss, and doing the Boss better than the Boss. The short and sweetness of it leaves me wanting more, very catchy.
>Puffy Cloud
Apparently you've never smoked too much pot
>Strap On That Jammypac
build up track
>The Stallion, Pt. 1
This is a caricature of weens humor, if you don't laugh your ass off, then you just don't get their humor. I'm lucky because it's mine and my old friends humor to a T.
>Laura
The slow lowfi (slow-fi) qualities of this song make it etheral as fuck, try listening to it when you're relaxed and going to bed
>Moving Away
It's becoming clear you don't like their atmospheric slow stuff
>Little Birdy
No idea how you wouldn't like this one to be honest, it speaks for itself.
>The Goin Gets Tough
Again, you just don't get weens humor i guess
>Pumpin 4 the Man
How the FUCK could you not understand the humor in THIS one?
>Mourning Glory
This is usually the last ween song to grow on someone its understandable. Listen to it like you would a noise track because that's what it is.

>Candi
Some mighty fine brownness, it's groovy enjoy the absurdness
cotd.

>The HIV Song
You hate fun for some reason, I really don't feel like ween is for you
>Im Holding You
How the FUCK could you not enjoy this great solumn ween self loathing song
>Japanese Cowboy
This is the last little bit of racist humor we can hold onto in 2017, hold on to it tight. It wont be safe from tumblrites forever.
>Pretty Girl
The nashville shuffle, the violin, the fucking MELODY. Honestly i'm at a lost for words what's wrong with you
>Mister Richard Smoker
OKAY WHAT THE FUCK, how do you not find this song hilarious/catchy?
>Help Me Scrape the Mucus from My Brain
Honestly dude, you're not a ween fan. Go listen to pink floyd or Vampire weekend if you want serious my life sucks and im going to be dramatic about it music. Ween is "my life sucks, but i have a sense of humor about it" music.

>Among His Tribe
>Captain
>The Fucked Jam
>Alcan Road
>I Fell in Love Today
>Did You See Me?
>Israel
>The Rift
>Blue Balloon
>The Fruit Man
>Shamemaker

Nice troll post, at first you had a case but then you added some of the best off of Shinola and Quebec...you either have really weird taste or you're trlling. Either way, get out or listen again.

>>TODAY QUESTION: Is Pure Guava better than The Pod?

Absolutely. But The Pod has some great tracks. Pure Guava has a cooler psych low-fi feel though and some funny ones. The Pod is cool but a bit eh to me sometimes.

Lighten up, it's hilarious. Such a happy go lucky light hearted song about a very dark and sinister topic.

I enjoyed reading your commentary senpai, thanks

Ween is for me, no doubt about it. Those songs arent

Theyve written over 100 songs (including b sides unreleased) I do like so..

Name your top 20 Ween non-album tracks (b-sides, unreleased, outttakes, etc)

....GO

You have shit taste then. Especially not liking Alcan Road, Among His Tribe, Did You SEe Me, Mister Richard Smoker, Puffy Cloud etc

Man you are a faggot.

ignore the rabid fans who feel offended you don't like the stuff they do.

Come to think about it, why ARE you so upset user? You seem buttblasted as fuck

White Pepper is the grower in their discography i'm finding, Bananas and Blow might be the catchiest song i've ever heard

Quebec is best though

Alcan Road, Among His Tribe, Did You See Me lack any fun to them and are just examples of boring songwriting. Scaruffi agrees

Mister Richard Smoker is awful. Stupid "DUDE GAYS LMAO" song with a commerical jingle melody. "Im Gay And Im Proud" by the Moistboyz is much better

Puffy Cloud is pretty elementary, songwriting and lyrically, not much to elaborate on there

thanks senpai. i dont trust people who love every song an artist has put out

>implying deaner's tasty guitar sounds aren't just as delightful as gener's singing

Yeah ween fans aren't like that, it's just Sup Forums (insert band) fans.

When you hear (insert bands) fanbase is shit, it's literally just the Sup Forums fans. Sup Forums is just shit.

Because those songs are classics, fuck you cunt FAGGOTY BITCH!

White Pepper is perfect

I dont like every song but not liking those songs is pleb

So we can't talk about bands who haven't made music in a certain amount of years?

That is just plain wrong, are you honestly saying that the guitar does nothing for you?

I guess school got out early.

what ween songs from each album do you NOT like you fuckin brownnoser

Gene can play the guitar fine on his own though

Dean cant really write songs, on the other hand

12 Country is great. They really show they understand song structure which makes their deconstructions even deeper. They aren't just two dudes pounding on instruments and coke.

They only sung on it though

they wrote it all though, and that's what he's talking about

WELL FUCK