Ask Queens guard anything

Ask Queens guard anything

Seen another bloke do this but he didn't seem like he was legit, so ask away.

>no I won't show my ID

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YtwkfhOYU_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FAQ

Is the "hat" heavy?
>no its actually the lightest thing we have on

How long do you stand there
>2 Hours in the winter months and an hour in the summer/warmer

How long do you train for it
>minimum 28 weeks

> train for it
you didn't know how to stand before?

have you even gotten flashed?

Not just guards, we are an infantry unit. And no but the chinks try grope you ALOT

sounds nasty

what was the background check like? i imagine it was quite extensive.

It's pretty much done by the government. If you've done lived here all your life then there isn't much hassle. Being from a forces family it was reasonably straight forward. But some lads I know from other countries (even an Iraqi) there's took 8 months or more to clear them

Idk why it put that done there I'm not a redneck

how many different firearms are you proficient at?

7 (although 2 are near enough the same)

What martial art do you train?

range day must kick ass.

how expensive is the queen's guard uniform? is it provided or something you had to buy?

Ok then, if you're really a queens guard, then what can you do whilst standing still all day long?

We don't, we shoot and stab cunts. If push comes to shove and it's a fist fight, we are mostly working class lads trained to go to any length to stop the enemy, I could safely say the blokes would all be proficient if they had to fight an enemy with their hands

It's pretty expensive and it's provided. The tunic is about £800 alone and the bearskin is about £500. On top of those we have the boots, the trousers (tweeds), gray coat, Cape, and shit white gloves

how much skirt do you pull being a queen's guard?

Depending on where it is, March 15 paces to the left and 15 to the right, present arms, change arms, butt salute, and if you're at St James the coppers usually bring you a cup of water, just go in your box and drink it

What can you tell me about the SAS? What martial art do they train? Ever met one?

The Americans love it. Like love it. Some lads have had girls literally showing them their Facebook profiles while on guard as well

Couldn't tell you but yeah I've met a few on taskings (playing enemy for them on exercises) all nice blokes

Whats the pay like? Royal servant and all that, must be pretty cool job anyway

I salute you, countryman

does this assignment lead to a chance of guarding the royals on the civil servant side?

which regiment are you in? rank?

I salute you, Sir.
Keep up the good work.

knock it off. don't dox the guy.

What do you know about their training?

About £1,360 after tax and deductions

It could depending on what courses you do while in the army

Scots Guards, guardsman

Joining next year as a Grenadier, just how useless are the Irish Guards?

not planning on doxing. Father in Law is Welsh Guards, im currently OCdt so it's just from an interest standpoint.

Nothing more that I'd be allowed to say than what you'll find on Google and youtube

Good luck mate, grit it out, training is tough but just keep your head down and show them how good you are on exercise, that's where it matters

How did you find the training? How was Phase 1?

Why the guards and not say, RIFLES or PARA?

Don't mean to sound like a faggot but god damn, you lot are my heroes, have you done trooping of the colour? If so whats it like?

Training is tough but rewarding. You meet really good blokes there too. Didn't wanna do rifles ever, and i started paras and passed PRAC, but I'd would have been another 4 months waiting and I couldn't have had another 4 months where I was at, plus had mates in the guards

How famous is Andy McNab in the military?

It's great bud massive pissup after. The months leading up to it are suitable though, constantly rehearsing for literally months

sounds like a good choice. Tbh PARAs have a very short shelf life and unless you fancy the PT corps there's not much else to do afterwards I guess. Ever consider entering as an Officer or not ever interested?

No one ever talks about him

Why not? Isn't he your finest soldier/idol?

how many cunts try to poke/touch you?

Nah mate I respect officers all alike, but I couldn't see myself being in a year and telling a 16 year veteran what to do, if I want to commission I'd be a late entry

About 60% of people
And no he's not

youtube.com/watch?v=YtwkfhOYU_Y
Is this what they do in the SAS?

That's a very mature outlook. May i ask how old you are? Most YOs are hated and I can understand why. I suppose it helps that NCOs basically bring up officers but yeah, being told what to do by a snot nosed young un would be shit.

how long have you served for so far? ever considered a career change?

Are you allowed to do anything if someone touches you, or do you just have to be motionless and deal with it?

20 been in since 16. And never have mate

Tell them to stand back they usually do when you shout

What's your opinion on the RLC?

just left BTC?

If a person touches you or your uniform or equipment, will you outright smack em over the head with the button of your gun? I've seen a video where a Chinese tourist touches a guard and the guard pushes him and yells "get away from the Queens guard!" or something

Good at stores and driving. Shit at anything else

You can get hands on if they carry on after verbal warnings and the police don't move them off but it rarely happens

Is your weapon loaded with live ammunition? Stupid question really as you'd be pretty useless without any. Is it standard ball ammo?

Also, do you get any overwatch from snipers? Seems that the Queen would be a massive target so I bet the security is pretty intense and not just a squad of guys in brightly coloured tunics. There must be plain clothes police patrolling?

What would you do if someone flew a drone over the fences/barriers?

Also, I have massive respect for you guys.
And incidentally I actually just got this Xmas card from my uncle today of the Household Cavalry. He was in the services also but can't tell you which.

How many hours per week do you do?

How is it like standing while theres cold out there?

Do you have to do something special when you finish your turn?

Bump for interest

Is OP died? Probably got caught by his XO and is now in court marshall.