>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8rT5Qagf2D4
clyp.it/actq5gvi
clyp.it/gfs3mk23
55chan.org/b/src/1489522317192-0.ogg
55chan.org/b/src/1489522317193-1.ogg
youtube.com/watch?v=xpK_7-23eaU
youtube.com/watch?v=Ym96GPFu6fI
clyp.it/geh04ck2
youtube.com/watch?v=LUiYRxAns5A
youtu.be/Z5d4ql9IaBo
youtube.com/watch?v=e7OGjJfPyBA
youtu.be/KyNXeCfPB2U
youtube.com/watch?v=IA5xtHxfiTI
youtube.com/watch?v=Txvox3dIY9A
youtube.com/watch?v=Ya0cHhZaxIs
youtube.com/watch?v=kk0WRHV_vt8
youtube.com/watch?v=-6R4kCQk6XA
youtube.com/watch?v=VPnpSRg01ao
youtu.be/b0SPda0PgNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TV7OIs-4i6c
youtube.com/watch?v=hLJOYgo584c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for whats your thoughts on this picking technique?

youtube.com/watch?v=8rT5Qagf2D4

Second for "Lets do a shootout on Slate Digital's plugins Virtual Mix Rack and Virtual Tape Machines."

2 clyps for comparision: the recording straight from the mic, no processing. And processed with the Slate plugins.
Plugin settings used are in Pic Related.

No processing
clyp.it/actq5gvi

With Slate VMR + VTM
clyp.it/gfs3mk23

Unprocessed
55chan.org/b/src/1489522317192-0.ogg
Processed
55chan.org/b/src/1489522317193-1.ogg

Whats your thoughts? Too heavy? Doesnt change at all?

Never mind that, what are your thoughts on THIS picking technique?
youtube.com/watch?v=xpK_7-23eaU

why doesn't the strat bridge pickup have a tone knob?
is there any reason?

I think he got sloppy after the 80's
Today he's very adopted of picking more with the arm instead of just the wrist. Its still sloppy but sounds big and punchy
But he still sound better than those studio videos when he's "on"

>Page's '''picking technique'''
>sloppy wide strumming intensifies

What's wide strumming

It seems Page picks sloppy but his brain and left hand know what he is playing, doenst he?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ym96GPFu6fI

rofl just found out that screaming into your guitar makes a sound

Listen to this poop

clyp.it/geh04ck2

Thats just regular chord strumming

nice riffs will you use it in your song

No, that would be theft.

Not my style, but I guess you played it well. Just sounds like standard metal

Guitar power rankings:
Actual guitar tier:
1. Fender
2. Gibson
3. Music Man
4. G&L
5. Schecter USA
Meme Tier but still quality

6. PRS

///power gap////
Due to: Chink metal parts; pickups with barely any copper, small chunks of wood, bad filing, mixed neck build quality
7. Fender Mexico
8. Schecter Diamond Series
9. Ibanez
10. ESP

/power gap/

Shit Tier:
"its just a piece of wood why pay more?" Bridges made of recycled pop cans, wiring is done withi 90% pop can 10% copper, paint job is china tier, neck isn't even sanded, plywood, frets aren't filed, shit tier gear ratios on tuners, pickups are literally pop can wires with a magnet taped on.

11. Epiphone
12. Squire
13. LTD
14. Chapman Guitars

This is indisputable mates.

>Fender over G&L
>ESP at #10
>Ibanez at #9 and ignoring the Prestige lineup

>-1. BC Rich USA.

>1. Fender
>2. Gibson
stopped reading right there

Check out htat last line boys.

Also, G&L is an excellent company. However, the comanche is the only original guitar and their resale value isn't as high. Thus its lower than Fender. Still its a great guitar at a great price.

Gibson is lower because of the atrocity that was the 2015 line up. The 2k guitars come with gig bags. etc.

True ultimate undisputable Top 10 :
Navigator
Mayones
Fender MiJ
ESP Original
Squier classic vibe lineup (for the bang/buck)
Fender Select
Edward platinium lineup
Ibanez Prestige lineup
Fender MiM
ESP USA

Bottom tier :
Gibshit
Epishit

>muh resale value

Meanwhle G&L beats Fender at every price point in every way that's actually relevant

which V is your favourite?
Rhoads is mine, the King V is cool too but it doesn't stick out as much as the Rhoads, the Flying V just doesn't have the right proportions I think, kinda looks like a toy at times

Strumming between the pickups and then 2 seconds later strumming up above the guitar neck isn't "regular".

Is this "viking metal"?

It's Children of Bodom so it hails from that geographical region, sure.

G&L also look like chinese tier guitars and have the most obnoxious and shittiest logo ever.
I wont play the best guitar in the world if it looks like a turd.
The guitar is about the feel and how it looks.
Unless your guitar is absolute shit tier sub $200 shit the guitar does not matter at all in a mix with fuckload of effect post process etc.
Same when you get through a PA anyway.

/gg/ WISHES they had this much style

youtube.com/watch?v=LUiYRxAns5A

this, there are really no atrociously bad guitars out there these days, unles it's something under $200 and even so you could find a couple of gems for less then that
t. someone who bought an SG copy that's worth $140 and is surprisingly good to play, branded jack&danny, never heard of them either

What is the "reads Richard Dawkins" of guitar players?

Any guitar albums with a Middle Eastern feeling?

>The guitar is about the feel and how it looks.

I thought it was about the sound

Powerslave or Final frontier on some songs

phyrgian my nigga

anything by Iced Earth if you want metal

It's about build quality, playability and sound, and nothing else

A fender MiM will sound as good as a Navigator or Custom shop Gibson when post processed.

Even when not post processed most (as in unless you use chinese tier shit) blind test, people dont hear a difference between an epiphone or gibson custom shop anniversary whatever.

The sound is mainly from the amp and pedals

>people dont hear a difference between an epiphone or gibson custom shop anniversary whatever.
they hear the difference, but they just cant say which one is better

I don't know guys my $100 epiphone with upgrades sounds just like my MIM and my Gibson LP Studio.

I think you're all retarded honestly, pickups and quality tuners are more important than anything else on a guitar.

But you $100 epiphone isnt $100 after upgrades.
Anything above $200 isnt bad

This one is pretty great, imo:

youtu.be/Z5d4ql9IaBo

I'm inclined to believe a playable neck is also pretty fucking important

yeah but literraly anything cheap is PLAYABLE this day.
Everybody is talking about how they need an ibanez style 16mm D shape neck to shred and half of the guitar world do that on baseball bat from the 60's and dont give a flying fuck about it.

a shitty $100 epiphone is far less likely to be "playable"

>tfw just got a job and can buy all the guitar stuff I want now

I'm getting a duo-sonic first thing.

Whats the best cheap Les Paul with small string spacing?
Vintage V100 Tobacco is all i ever wanted but its spacing is too large, it would be hard on my manlet hands, my current LP copy has a smaller spacing and i love it

just got my first bass,rec me some fun songs

>he doesn't relish in the fully analog tone he dropped upwards $5,000 on shaping to avoid digital post-processing

out of my way pleb my pedalboard's worth more than your car. shame you can't post-process your life huh :^)?

youtube.com/watch?v=e7OGjJfPyBA

I hope this is bait. Or maybe you just started playing guitar last week and really are just this ignorant

I guess this is asked in like every thread, so here I go:

How useful is being able to read sheet music nowadays? I find tabulature far, far superior.

What are power rankings for basses?

Tabulature IS superior, whats teh deal

You need to learn notation if you ever plan on becoming a musician instead of just a guitarist

T. guitarist and not a musician

A bit too metal for me, but it sounds good. I guess I was expecting something more Mclaughlin-like, but I'm open to other stuff. Phyrigian is awesome indeed.

youtu.be/KyNXeCfPB2U

Whos this McLaughin mentioned on /gg/s lately? Is it the same Mike Mike McLaughlin that played lead on Peter Criss' albums Criss Cat and One For All?

youtube.com/watch?v=IA5xtHxfiTI

youtube.com/watch?v=Txvox3dIY9A

youtube.com/watch?v=Ya0cHhZaxIs

Phrygian Dominant dominating the music is usually a metal thing. In other genres it'll pop up for a song or two, but it won't be the tonality they use most of the time. For example:

youtube.com/watch?v=kk0WRHV_vt8
youtube.com/watch?v=-6R4kCQk6XA
Neither are guitar-based, but still.

I've never seen anyone strum so carelessly as Page did in that clip. That's the sort of thing that impresses people who don't play the guitar.

Can anyone spot the color of Ace's Ray Ban Glasses on this pls? Is it Gold or Chrome? I'll buy one that way. I try to copy his playing now its time to try to look like him.

He's looking cool af on this one too, all in red and gold youtube.com/watch?v=VPnpSRg01ao

EVERYONE CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION

youtu.be/b0SPda0PgNQ

you may aswell stop now, no matter how good you play youll never be this cool

Why didn't guitars without headstocks become the norm? They're cheaper to make and have better intonation.

well desu even MY pedalcase is worth more than my car.

i know this is a shitty shitty troll, but if anyone plays a G&L or EBMM guitar and thinks they don't absolutely demolish every Fender or Gibshit I forever disregard their opinions

Do they have more or less string tension? I guess less, thinking of topload/string through teles.

Thank you for this footage based user

Sounds just like the original

You arent a good guitarist if you cant play for people who dont play.

I've been a bit bored of guitar so I thought of a challenge. I'm going to learn every song on DSotM, anyone else done this?

That doesn't excuse sloppy strumming you idiot.

How you can tell if its sloppy and not on purpose you idiot? Its on purpose for sure, Page isnt retarded

overall tension(as in, past your "nut" and bridge) is less because you don't have a string wrapping around pegheads

I've played live before. I never felt the need to shake my hand wildly up and down between the neck and pickups while strumming to impress the non musicians.

redpill me on bloodwood

that action on the 6th string what the fuck

So why do people line up to see his sloppy strumming and not your perfect strumming.

no

Hey Adam your last gig video was really cool

Thanks

Jimmy Page can do whatever he wants. I'm just saying that's not "regular" strumming.

What makes you think a legendary guitarist cares what youve felt the need to do at your shows.

H a r m o n i c s

You gotta have room for the string to breathe

See Samuel Campos playing live with his band

youtube.com/watch?v=TV7OIs-4i6c

Audience didnt like this song as much but he did two cool solos on it, quoting "dazed and confused" a bit youtube.com/watch?v=hLJOYgo584c

They don't. Jimmy Page hasn't done shit since that one Zeppelin reunion in 2007.

I'm not talking to Jimmy Page. Are you autistic?

youre welcome my gent

What makes you think a legendary guitarist needs defending on a taiwanese trap board?

>djent

pls no

Fun fact.
Later that night he was at a hospital due to alcohol overdose after drinking all the doubles avaliable that night

hey this is the guy that was singing with those other people

You must be autistic.If Zep got back together and you were at a show instead of enjoying you are looking at his picking and not just listening.I dont encourage players to not pick above the pickup but he has earned the right to not give a fuck.

This is exactly what I'm looking for. I still lack the theory needed, but I would love to one day combine this with guitar music. Not by just playing the modes, but also sort of imitating the playing style.
Thanks for sharing these, they sound great. Asides from metal, Phyrigian is also very common in flamenco, right?

>You must be autistic.

Wew lad

Where you strum on the guitar makes different sounds because of where the pickup is picking up the vibrations. It's why if you pick really close to the bridge it makes a different sounds than when you play up near the neck. Same with palm muting closer or further from the bridge.
Holy shit, you guys are just pretending to be retarded, right?

Thats my point im just bored and interested in this thought process.

I'd rather be a young unknown player than some old has-been who may or may not come out of hiding to play 50 year old songs to a bunch of drunk soccer moms and guys in nursing homes.

I never said it wouldn't affect the tone. It's just not "regular" strumming. Most guitarists keep place their pick near the pickups. Not always the same spot but definitely not nearly as erratic as Page in that clip.

What's interesting is that you think me criticize Jimmy Page means I must think he cares what I think.

I'll criticize shit players all day long, I don't give a fuck what they think about it.

Yeah right you would kill to have a career like his if you could get away with it.ONE DAY YOU WILL PLAY YOUR 50 YEAR OLD SONGS TO GAY ANDROID SENIORS BUT THEY WONT KNOW THE WORDS.