One of these threads?

one of these threads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-VvuOUYe7mI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Obvious but important

bumb

Gregory Crewdson. Dude does some stellar photography.

damn, beat me to it

they're just like us (TM)

fucking weeb

Radio Dept - clinging to a scheme
1:09. Cool video regardless

youtube.com/watch?v=-VvuOUYe7mI

>keep in mind, I didn't pic the cover art

didn't know this one. cool

What's this supposed to be from? Giles Corey?

Also I don't know if this counts

Sigur Rós - Kveikur

Pretty sure it's from that Sigur Ros cover

>he doesn't get it
*sigh*

Thanks, never seen that cover before

good album if you haven't heard it

doo doo
doo DOO DOO do DOO do do

It makes me so happy how iconic that has become

Just now realizing that this is not actually Tom Waits

this looks wrong with her face

A FUCKING STOCK PHOTO

He reappropriated it because DUDE LEAN LMAO

also
>digits

:^)

The trick here is to guess the album, I suppose.

>tfw they took out the left side of the wall because they're building a bar in his honor
>building a bar to someone who struggled with alcohol addiction his whole life
Lol I love LA

Its fun if its your first time but these threads have had the same pictures since 2012

He chose it because it looked like him. don't blame you

guess it goes to show you how creative Future is

Stealing artwork is pleb tier. Especially if you twist it, giving no credit and leading people to believe it's original.

Real artists commission original works or create them themselves.

>Stealing artwork is pleb tier. Especially if you twist it, giving no credit and leading people to believe it's original.
So, it's fitting for hip-hop.

NOTM?

check em

I was at the Chicago Art Institute recently and took a better pic of that if anyone cares...also you should all go there if you have the chance (iff'n you leave your house at all), it's phenomenal

>those horse gums

Does ANYONE have the origin of the Schizoid man from In the Court of the Crimson King's album cover? I saw it in one of these threads years ago and have never been able to find it.

Evidently it's from the cover of a Russian novel. I have the image in my mind, it's basically the Schizoid man but the colors are inverted like black skin and white lines instead of blue and red.

inflatable cash. collapse. starbucks.

I visited Chicago 18 months ago to see Autechre live. While there, I made a point of doing TWO other things which required many hours of in-town driving: The Standard Tourist Package of: Chicago art museum + Sears tower.

I was only in the museum about two hours (I didn't want to repark), could have stayed in there a week. Basically a MUCH bigger and far more representative version of another nice midwestern, /real/, just smaller museum (with a nice collection of world art in its own right) that I happen to live close to.

Nighthawks and American Gothic were about forty feet apart from each other; I made a point of staring at the latter, Cameron-style, on-and-off for a good ten minutes (my aunt is obsessed with the image). The Old Guitarist. These are literal memes; a meme-museum.

Otherwise, another thing that made a big impression was a long hall of eastern stuff, maybe about as long as a football field. Buddhas, Krishnas, Vishnus and Shivas all threaten to destroy you as you pass through.

Drove under the El multiple times, just stared at the lake for a half hour before going. Venue was right next to Wrigley.

Saw Autechre, left Illinois, didn't get shot even though my cheapshit motel room had a literal bullet hole in the window. 10/10 Chimpcongo trip would recommend

I don't know what that is.

Hints: it is an album by a hip hop group, whose cover photo is taken in different season.

bedlam in goliath

either You Can't Hide Your Love Forever or Eccojams?

Codeine-Frigid Stars LP

The eastern wing is great, but it sounds like you may have missed the impressionist stuff and the contemporary stuff cuz that shit was willlld (and also the eastern stuff is the first thing you see when you enter). I can't imagine blitzing it in two hours but it's worth it even if that's all you can do.

>This painting of the 21st Century Schizoid Man appears on the cover of the 1969 record album "Court of the Crimson King" by the British progressive rock group King Crimson. The cover is as strange, haunting and powerful as anything else to do with the group. It was painted by Barry Godber who was an artist and a computer programmer. This was the only album cover he painted. Barry died in February 1970 at the age of 24. The cover was as much a definitive statement , and a classic, as the album. The original painting is owned by Robert Fripp.

I know my art history and I am intrepid. I was in some contempo-area; they did have a Pollock, the Magritte with the train coming out of the fireplace, and some creepy Charles Ray sculptures. This is the area where I saw Old Guitarist in person.

I did make an express purpose about American Gothic, as I said. Around this area were some meme Ellsworth Kelly panels.

I did get to the impressionists, I just breeezed through, yep, whoops, good christ there's that Degas of the stern-looking conductor-guy or whatever with the ballerinas in in the distance, I remember that one. Room at Arles? Then the obligatory Ferris Bueller Seurat + Rodin sculpture were in the same room. These were CROWDED rooms even on a rainy miserable weekday(?), it felt a bit pleb but also nice that people care about art to some extent even if it's only popular memes.

Stuff that I didn't really do was the "American period" stuff, exactly like what was posted here(???). Just the stiffer-puritan stuff, which carries its own interest. I seem to remember one loop-the-loop for that stuff in one area but I barely looked, just walked through.

One thing that sticks out is that many museum goers were speaking in hushed French tones. Hearing any quantity of people speak French is unusual for me; I sort of thought "oh well I'm in culture-city now".

i refuse to believe this

yeah I think Dali was in the same gallery with that Pollock and Old Guitarist, but there is separate wing that had a ton of modern stuff like Warhol/Lichtenstein that I really enjoyed. I want to say there were more Pollocks in that area as well.

what is this from

do u go to saic

naw was just visiting

WHAT???

The Velvet Underground - White Light / White Heat

Flood?

>tfw you can recognize a scene from Eyes Wide Shut because of the lighting
What a movie

an awesome wave

how about that

i wonder who did the recoloring of the image for the album cover? probably Avey

>tfw i was one of the first to see that