How old were you when you mentally started getting your shit together

how old were you when you mentally started getting your shit together

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dS2QwKRhnds
youtube.com/watch?v=uBgh7WCgb6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i'm 24, living in paris on my own, working just enought to live and enjoy a bit; but can't complain, good job !

But i'm still lost i'd just end my life right now but i'm muslim i just can't...

I'm 37 and I'm a child.
and on Sup Forums.

So not yet.

25 is when it just clicked for me

just went back to college, got AAS Respiratory therapy, and stopped being a retard

underage faggot

im 27

I'm 24. Every day is a struggle even though I've been living alone for 3 years and haven't had any financial support from parents in the past year.

I keep thinking that at some point I'm just going to snap into the right state of mind but at the same time I don't want to.

I can't reconcile the fact that this is just my life now until I die.

I will be 24 in a couple of days.
The last 1,5 years I kinda got it together.

Psychedelics helped me, so yeah. Give LSD a shot, mates.

>mentally started getting your shit together

im old enough to know that the entire point of life and existence is to work towards mentally getting your shit together. you never actually mentally get your shit together, you only think you do.

if we had our shit together mentally we'd be doing a lot better than we are today.

so you probably mean like 'able to pay rent and go to work instead of get high, eat doritos and masturbate all day'?

you don't ever stop getting high, you don't ever stop eating doritos and you don't ever stop masturbating.

the only way to get your shit together is to go ass to ass with a double sided dildo.

youtube.com/watch?v=dS2QwKRhnds

I just thought about killing myself like 5 minutes ago. So not 26.

+1 I get that reference

its all about hobbies and relaxing. work hard relax. less stuff you have to pay for the better, get rid of expenses u dont really need. go take a bunch of mushrooms re evaluate your life if you dont like it.

a man once told me
>“We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and—in spite of True Romance magazines—we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely—at least, not all the time—but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.”

i never thought about killing myself again. instead i thought about killing other people, a lot more.

his name was hunter thompson

OP here

friend is offering me 1.5g of shrooms

how can I use trip to have life changing experience
done acid one. But I took 4 hits and dabbed, didn't enjoy it.

24, then again I suffered from crippling illness for the 4 previous years so it probably would have been earlier

23. I made a suicide attempt when I was 22 after a long period of cannabis abuse exacerbating severe depression and paranoia, ended up in a psychiatric hospital and after discharge I was like a zombie on the anti-psychotics and anti-depressants following that but I came off all the medicines at 23.

I think things finally sunk in after that and have improved since then. I'm 28 now and back at university, doing very well in a degree that will lead to a good job. I already have a relatively well paying job that I've held down for five years and I've been in a relationship for the last three years. Feels very good to be honest, stability and routine really is underrated. In a perverse way it's probably good that I hit rock bottom so hard otherwise I might still have just been coasting along at this age.

Do it with people rather than alone, or just listen to classical music the entire time

take the mushrooms somewhere warm and sunny, stay away from cold dark shit. teach your mind not to stray and force yourself to understand you are tripping and control your thoughts all the while appreciating your surroundings and embracing things that make you laugh and smile. if you start freaking out simply stop yourself, you have absolutely no reason to freak out, only to have fun and that's the drugs.

so you do this and force your brain to dampen the negative and embrace the positive. that's how you change the brain chemistry while tripping, forcing change and understanding while barely mentally capable of change and understanding.

1.5g shrooms isnt going to do shit for you, if you wanna get pretty wacked youll need double that and if you wanna have some kind of ego death or live changing experience youll need 4.5+ depending on your tolerance

ha im 29 living at home and dont have a job or girlfriend and i have full dyslexia

I will be 27 in april and I am losing my shit so hard that it feels like mental illness at this very point

I'm 31 and still take pics like this, so I probably don't have my shit together at all.

I do have a fiance, a kid, a car, and own a 5 bedroom house. So maybe I'm not as fucked up as I think.

Hard to say really. I had some health stuff that worked against my desire to get my shit together when I was younger. I'm 38 now. Own my home and only owe like 80k on it. The house is worth over 300k. I have a newer Cadillac. An older truck. Cool girl. But I am unemployed. I struggle with mental health issues and have a hard time keeping a job. But I'd say around 30 or so I started being a bit more concerned with my future.

21. cant remember anything earlier

idk around 5 or 6?

If you take pics like that you must be really hip and cool

i feel you bro.i feel you

58 and 3/4.

What did she do you wrong? Stop posting such images of her.

Live independently, make enough money to support myself and not be a burden on society or anyone, so in that regard I'd say I have my shit together. But at the same time I spend my free time playing video games and fapping to traps, so on the other hand maybe not so much.

lol it's a jokey thing for a mixtape album cover, I don't really take it too seriously though

its funny pic Sup Forums get over it ha

I started to get my work ethic around 18-20... started my career and life planning when i was 26...
29 now and ticked a few life goals off the list, still moving and still improving.

Just turned 40.
Got my shit together about 5 years go. No more depression. No more wasting time. No more running in circles. I just decided to do it, and that was it.
My life - by societal standards - is pretty awesome these days. And I accomplished everything noteworthy in the last few years.
I have no advice for other anons. You have to figure it out for yourself. Good luck.

Godspeed user

roughly 2 months from today

33 and my shit is still everywhere....just everywhere

youtube.com/watch?v=uBgh7WCgb6M

I guess when I get my first job at around 25 (like decent career job I studied for) but in terms of getting rid of anxiety and having a good day to day plan only a month ago after reading some self help book that actually had me look at some basic life shit

I was happy for you until I read about traps. :/

i know right [not op]

I am unsure if that time has come for me. I'm currently 26, living in a shed and I have a lot of dreams I wish to do. But I think that "getting my shit together" would mean more active daily contributions to whatever goals I want to accomplish. Last 2 years I lost about 110 pounds, starting hrt, smoked/ate a lot of weed, rejoined job at starbees, and some days I don't really think I'm going to make it. But other days, I feel like the alpha and omega of all in this reality.

It would seem the only things that matter are you, how much discipline can you muster on average, reading, and verifying truths for yourself rather than believing anything else.

But really, the fuck do I know? Thus far it seems like this entire world is a game, and currently i'm just some irrelevant player with unrealized potential.

I went to school only to learn that the only thing you need to do while there is read the fucking book, which once i figured that out, I dropped out because there is no reason for me to go to an institution to be spoon fed what they view reality as, and then get some shitty piece of paper to be some shitty cog in society. Fuck it, i'm done with it, right?

The feeling is that I can evolve past this society, learn things on my own, and truly live a meaningful life by my own means and standards.

shrooms are good for losing your mind for the entire trip where lsd you can at east find your mind before the trip ends

This is edgy bait.

about 5
I'm middle-aged now, did everything right so far

what's that therapy for? how did you stopped being a retar? how are u now?

n/a

inb4 ban for this

Health wise, 25. Stopped all drugs and excessive drinking (except lsd) and started cooking properly.
Financially, 26. Took over a large portion of the family construction company rather than just turning up to work.
Mentally, 27, until I caught herpes off an ex and she through me into a depression spiral.

Just turned 28.

trips get

For saying that it's been 5 years since he got his shit together?

If only my life could be bait. It's real, and I continue to do nothing tonight.

I'm 22 and just started getting a grasp on what i have to do to get my shit together.
I still do drugs and play games but the past year my mind set has really shifted from fucking whores and buying as much drugs as i could afford to maintaining a good work ethic, not waiting around for change to happen and all around determination to make my life in the future better. Most of this change is from fear of dissapointing my asshole father but part of the change is understanding i need to be my own man and not let him influence me as much

sounds like your jelly-desu

If your reading this and are generally fearful dont let the trolls and pieces of shit stand in your way.
you can make your life what you want it to be but your gonna have to put the work in

Pretty good quote. Thompson killed himself though

22 still no, but I feel it coming

Around 20 or so, back to school, worked quite a lot to keep floating.