Guitar based music will die in your lifetime

>Guitar based music will die in your lifetime

Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty we are free at last.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PSUj5ApbdMY
youtube.com/watch?v=2p6p0d0gCfs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like a lot of rock but yeah I kinda agree.
It's already pretty dead

>tfw you want to make guitar based music for the rest of your life

Am I in the minority here then?

yeah, electronic music is far superior

What does this mean? You really think no musician will continue the 800 year tradition of playing guitar or just that there will be less guitar-based music that has its antecedents in folk/rock/blues in popular songs. If the latter, yeah, probably, who cares really.

>muh synths n loops n shit
Nothing beats actual instruments and you know that.

Yes, bitch, I do think so. If not, I will make kill it.

Die, as in be forgotten? Nope. Will the scene of guitar music die because of the massive lack of innovation? Definitely yes.

if there was no guitar music all these electronic "artists" would have no one to rip off and call it sampling

actual instruments are inherently imperfect. the synthesizer is an instrument, and a computer gives you full control over sound.

theres a reason why all these shitty local indie bands sound the same lol.

I just can't take you robo-music faggots seriously lol

If the majority of music you listen to is hip hop based, then you are a cuck; plain and simple.

This won't happen but I look forward to guitar sound being more heavily integrated into electronic

pleb

Same. The trend of guitar in rap rather than piano is really nice to my ears

>wanting music to be """""""""""perfect"""""""""""
>thinking the concept of """"""""""""perfection" can apply to music

why don't you go """"""""""""perfect""""""""""" killing yourself

>Guitar based music
If you listen closely to 'Blank Space' there are guitars in the chorus playing the chords and pretty much many pop songs like 'Chained to the rythm' include guitars.
If you were alluding to rock music, then that is a different story.

lmao are you angry dude? art is perfection. prove to me otherwise

>ridiculous claim
>prove me wrong haha

are you 12

What do you actually mean by guitar based music though? Jazz, funk, rock, blues, pop, hip hop, R&B, electronic, metal, etc? Guitar is in every genre of music essentially. Even the most digital generic cookie cutter pop songs will sometimes have guitar. It would be better to say guitar centered, but then again that isn't necessarily true as not every band that has lots of guitar in its songs is centered around guitar. Far from it.
The second part of this, is what do you define as dead or alive? What measure could we be using other than popularity, but even if you say something is dead, it still exists, it's just not as popular as other things.

im not 12 but i bet you're one of those aging white dudes who luvs muh rock muh guitar

Actual instruments played by actual people are definitely imperfect, but it's those imperfections that give the music a unique sound. I like alot of rhythm-based electronic music, but sometimes it sounds stiff and soulless.

Dont worry, there will be a rise of Classical and Portuguese guitar led by third-wave-sad-Mark Kozelek

it sounds stiff because it's quantized. thats the point of dance music, its on beat

>sampling
>only listening to hip-hop
>caring so much about obscure soul tracks you probably hadn't heard about in the first place

hahaha

>changing what he meant by imperfect to make your point

I, too, remember being 15 and not being able to make proper arguments.

i play bass

i hope guitar dies because i still keep my job, and /gg/ wouldn't exist either

would be great

I get that, The point i'm trying to make is both have their merits. Perfectly on-beat rhythms are fine in some contexts, but to me quantized drums in a soul/funk/rock/ect. song would sound strange

you know a lot about exactly what he meant for someone who isn't him

i don't think so, there really isn't a single music genre that exists that is dead, if it existed, then there is someone who plays it and there are people who like it. May become less popular but that doesn't actually mean something is bad and it never has meant that, i just can't see it

>i
I should always be capitalized no matter the situation.

This is actually pathetic

i hope you die

Please, you are triggering me user

>[Genre] will die
No, it won't.
Music doesn't die. There are fucking Iranian tribesman living in the hills playing the exact same shit their ancestors played when Alexander the Great defeated Darius III at the Battle of Gaugamela. There will be people playing guitar long after we're all dead and gone.

i hope you end your own life, in a violent way

No... Piano based music has certainly not died... There is no reason to believe that the guitar will suffer a different fate... In fact I know that it won't...

In fact electronic music is much more a fragile genre just because of the fact that you need a computer to make it.
In other words you can play electronic music in LA but not in the middle of a forest.

Alot of guitar music requires use of distortion/FX pedals too

True but there's no "acoustic" electronic music

youtu.be/PSUj5ApbdMY

have you heard of generators

I don't think the guitar as an instrument is going to die but I'm pretty glad that the same boring sounds like wah and overdrive are pretty cliche and outdated at this point. The same thing is starting to happen with the overuse of reverb and chorus pedals on psychedelic music.

sad neckbeards spotted

no it fucking isn't

apparantly he hasnt heard of macbooks either

agreed
>"Hur Dur Electronic Musik Iz hip hop based mai pur whaite ruck musik"
sounds like you missed the part where electronic music started in germany and rock music was started by black people but ok.

don't tell the reactionary modernist fucktards that. No matter what they won't believe you. It's like talking to a brick wall.

you are but a fool

Not as long as music like this can be made with a guitar.

God you faggots are pitiful, electronic music is the future. If the only electronic music you've tried to listen to is 4/4 and without imperfections of course you're going to hate electronic music. Thank god the "but muh GUITARZ" and the "le born in the wrong generation" memes will finally die.

t.assblasted cuck

I bet you love putting on TPAB when you watch Tyrone and your gf have sex.

uh, no it fucking isn't you faggot

>Elvis
>black

I mean, I guess he sorta was in a way.

Alright cool. Electronic is the future.

What does that exactly has to do with guitar again? And what's wrong with 4/4 time signature? Is it because electronic has 9001bpm? Faster isn't always better you know.

This thread is completely full of retards.

time signature and tempo are not the same thing, holy shit lol.

He thinks elvis invented rock.

i always thought guitar sounds were too twangy. the keyboard piano had a more full wooden tone to it that drew me in as a kid.

you dont even need a guitar anymore.
plus im interested in making my own keyboards and custom shit on sample equipment thats takes less ram and shit
youtube.com/watch?v=2p6p0d0gCfs

nice blog post fag

That's literally a real fear for you, isn't it?
How weird it must be to always have that in your mind. Why?

How many people under the age of 40 could name a famous pianist?

Jools Holland

Pretty much. At this point someone playing guitar might as well be playing an accordion as far as popular music is concerned. Guitar based music had receded in incredible amount in the general consciousness in the last 15 years or so.
>When you say Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd and you might as well be saying Lawrence Welk and Myron Floren. Oh, you don't know who those guys are? I've got some bad news for you, Generation Z doesn't know who Brian Jones or Jerry Garcia are either, sound familiar?

>I will make kill it
Euro trash confirmed

Electric guitar is the most versatile instrument. It will never die out but hopefully the bland indie crap most pitchfork hipsters listen to will

>Electric guitar is the most versatile instrument.
*ahem*

pic related
>nb4 not an instrument
yes it is
and it's more versatile and complex than any instrument that came before it

>started playing guitar when I was a teenager
>seemed like a cool way to express yourself musically
>got really good
>considered accomplished even by professionals I sometimes associate with
>as I mature musically I realize writing guitar based music is rudimentary, simplistic and creatively limited compared to the infinite possibilities a laptop based DAW offers now
>as I mature musically I slowly realize how uninteresting most guitar based music actually is
>as I mature socially I come to realize most people have long since stopped caring about guitar based music too
>mfw guitar might as well be an accordion or a harpsichord now
>pic related: mfw I know in my heart I wasted my time on this instrument
>mfw I wish I could have all that time I wasted back
don't end up like me kids, save yourselves from my fate

it´s not that i cant do shit without samples, it´s just more fun to use stuff like that. asshole

FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKER FUCK YOU

nice pasta

He's right though

What Youtube comment section was this copypasted from?

>hating on the accordion or the harpsichord
I mean, I could read you were a pleb from the beginning, but come on.

and perfect is always exactly what you want, that's why nobody ever humanizes their midi files. i mean why would you willingly offset the notes and make it less perfect?

[Spoiler]kys[/spoiler]

bass is a guitar you retard

Run your guitar through it. The dynamics of strings paired with whatever electronic synthesizing device makes an electric guitar the most versatile instrument

what's the opposite of a rockist?

A turny

Poptimist

>I don't know what a rockist is: the post

pop and rock are literally the same so no

t. Rockist

>complex = better
Oh this again?
>*ahem*
Plug-in guitar fx sound shitty though

How so? They are two different genres
Judging by the lack of an actual argument, you must be a poptimist

*smacks lips* ain't nobody talk bout no plug-in guitar fx u dumb sheeeit

Rockism is thinking LPs are better than EPs, Singles or Compositions.

>DAW is the most versatile!
>can't get a real guitar sound
Did you read the reply chain?

Yes, that is one of the tenants of rockism.

How does this apply to what i said?

You are replying to a copypasta that is spammed in /gg/ to troll guitarfags.

Don't reply please.

>real
Oh, I see. You're an actual fucking moron. Yeah, it can't produce a REAL piano or violin sound with it either but that wouldn't stop you from being able to completely record a professional sounding Bach symphony from beginning to end on a laptop if you had the production skill.

Name another REAL instrument you could do the same with.

Checkmate, atheist.

>Oh, I see. You're an actual fucking moron. Yeah, it can't produce a REAL piano or violin sound with it either but that wouldn't stop you from being able to completely record a professional sounding Bach symphony from beginning to end on a laptop if you had the production skill
You would still need the real musicians though in this scenario.

Nice try

>jazz is coming back in a big way
>horse drawn carriages are coming back too!
lol

Everyone knows Billy Joel and Debussy.

>You would still need the real musicians though in this scenario.
No you wouldn't. You'd only need a laptop and some synthesizer software.

so is this thread about instrument vs electronic music or guitar vs other instruments

>You'd only need a laptop and some synthesizer software.
But user just said
>completely record a professional sounding Bach symphony
Which implies the computer being used as a Digital Audio Workstation to *record* the live instruments.
>synthesizer software
Unrealistic string sounds.

>tfw equally interested in guitar-based indie rock wankery as DAW-based synth electro wankery
>tfw will never make it in either because i cant find a focus

FeelsBadMan

Just combine both. It doesn't have to be one or the other you dummy

>synthesizers can reproduce actual instruments
laughinggirls.tiff

user i thought the same as you but it just simply is not the case, i invested in a bass guitar for just this reason

combining guitars and electronic influences fucks up everything imo, there is no good way to combine both world. i guess in that sense i am a purist